Top Hat Times #1

alex....@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2008, 12:52:18 AM9/11/08
Samedi newsletter - September, 2008.

-= Table of contents =-

1 -- Word from the editors desk
2 -- Keepers of Traditions Wish list
3 -- Murder Firm - The deck
4 -- Hats off

===== 1 - Word from the editors desk =====

Welcome,

its been a while since a fresh Samedi newsletter hit the digital
shelves so here is my creation. Hopefully you'll find something worth
the read within this little newsletter.

Enjoy!
/alex fnurp

===== 2 - Keepers of Traditions wish list =====

The samedi clan is a heart warming addition to the Vtes universe and
its my hope they get fitted in a little better than they normaly have.
Let me expand on that a bit before continuing onto the wish list
itself:

The bloodline is quite unique in that it got 4 disciplines, which also
turns out to be a bit of a bane because of how the discipline spread
needs to be balanced. The Obfuscate + Fortitude combo is the most
common one within the clan, but since they do not share this
discipline spread with any of the regular clans its hard to fill a
crypt with a splash of Samedi.

So, on to my wish list for the Keepers of Traditions featuring Samedi:

1 - An incentive to play fighting Samedi.

The clan got a contract and some fight cards, they also got vampires
sporting specials that leads to belive they should be out slapping
stuff. But there is something missing that pushes them over to be
excellent at fighting sadly.

2 - A new Thanatosis card.

Yes, far fetched and a bit off side but this point connects with the
one above - What if the card that fronted Samedi as a fighting clan
was in the form of a Thanatosis card? I have no real suggestion for a
card that would make them viable brawlers, but perhaps something to do
with equipment to follow the Jack Dawson/Reg Driscoll/Hag's Wrinkle
trifecta.

3 - A new Samedi vampire.

Perhaps not so far fetched as number 3 on the list. Group 2 Samedi got
7 vampires, group 4 only got 4 and group 3 sits with a lonely vampire
so there is some space to fill out. Lithrac is Cock Robins Archon,
maby a new Samedi archon will come in the upcoming set? Something
entirely different will come, like Toy (the dude inside Toy's chest)?

All in all, i hope that if there is a vampire from the Samedi
bloodline represented he or she will have a lot of friends to play
with :)

===== 3 - Murder Firm - The Deck =====

So, this issues deck isnt competetive at all but instead something you
can bring to the pub game and play when someone gets loud and cocky.
The plan is simple: Genina gets something to shoot or stab with and
then goes on a wild amaranth-hunt around the table.

Deck Name : Murder Firm
Author : A.Gyhlesten

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 8 average: 4.83333

4x Genina, The Red Po 8 CHI OBF THN aus cel for Samedi:3
2x Lithrac 5 OBF for thn Samedi:2
2x Wolfgang 4 for obf pot Nosferatu:3
1x Panagos Levidis 3 ani obf Gangrel:2
1x Krid 2 obf Nosferatu:3
1x Sarah Raines 2 for Gangrel:3
1x March Halcyon 1 for Pander:2

Library [79 cards]

Action [11]
2x Ambush
6x Bum's Rush
1x Nightmare Curse
2x Nose of the Hound

Action Modifier [10]
4x Forced March
6x Freak Drive

Action Modifier/Combat [5]
5x Swallowed by the Night

Ally [6]
1x Gregory Winter
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
4x Reanimated Corpse

Combat [25]
11x Amaranth
3x Apparition
4x Disguised Weapon
4x Horrid Reality
3x Rolling with the Punches

Equipment [6]
2x Flamethrower
2x Ivory Bow
1x Rowan Ring
1x Sengir Dagger

Master [14]
3x Dirty Contract
1x Fame
1x Houngan
5x Minion Tap
1x Regenerative Blood
3x Vessel

Retainer [2]
1x Robert Carter
1x Tasha Morgan

===== 4 - Hats off =====

Thank you dear reader for taking your time digesting this lil'
newsletter. Any comments are as always warmly welcommed and I can
recomend bookmarking my blog site if you're interested in reading
about V:tes related stuff:

http://intelliganism.blogg.se

Take care, until next time!

/alex fnurp