Next VtES expansion: Blood Dimmed Tides

extrala

Feb 26, 2009, 2:58:32 AM2/26/09
I have assembled all available information about the upcoming VtES
expansion "Blood Dimmed Tides", and put up the first visual spoilers
along with information about the starters on my blog:
http://extrala.blogspot.com/2009/02/next-vtes-expansion-blood-dimmed-tides.html

Please help me to complete the spoiler list; if you have any further
information about new cards, mechanics, starter contents, please let
me know.

Regards, Ralf

P.S.: Please observe the little tags at the end of the blog post!
====================
http://extrala.blogspot.com

hes...@yahoo.com

Feb 26, 2009, 3:39:51 AM2/26/09
On 26 helmi, 09:58, extrala <ralf.lamm...@gmx.de> wrote:
> I have assembled all available information about the upcoming VtES
> expansion "Blood Dimmed Tides", and put up the first visual spoilers
> along with information about the starters on my blog:http://extrala.blogspot.com/2009/02/next-vtes-expansion-blood-dimmed-...

> Please help me to complete the spoiler list; if you have any further
> information about new cards, mechanics, starter contents, please let
> me know.
>
> Regards, Ralf
>
> P.S.: Please observe the little tags at the end of the blog post!
> ====================http://extrala.blogspot.com

If Quinton McDonnel isn't errataed to have the aquatic trait, I'll
quit playing! It's simply illogical thematically!! Even if Aquatic
Dawn Operations with +1 strenght are broken!!

Heikki P.

bernd....@firstdata.de

Feb 26, 2009, 3:59:33 AM2/26/09
I've seen a new Card

Jetski

Equipment
An aquatic minion with this equipment gets an optional press each
combat. While at Depth Range he also gets an optional maneuver each
combat.

Chris Berger

Feb 26, 2009, 8:28:36 AM2/26/09
On Feb 26, 1:58 am, extrala <ralf.lamm...@gmx.de> wrote:
> I have assembled all available information about the upcoming VtES
> expansion "Blood Dimmed Tides", and put up the first visual spoilers
> along with information about the starters on my blog:http://extrala.blogspot.com/2009/02/next-vtes-expansion-blood-dimmed-...

> Please help me to complete the spoiler list; if you have any further
> information about new cards, mechanics, starter contents, please let
> me know.

I haven't gone through the whole list there, but that is an awesome
spoiler you put up. Kudos to you, sir!

Malone

Feb 26, 2009, 8:34:22 AM2/26/09

me too

Water Wings
combat
Only usable before range is determined on the first round of combat.
[vic] Once each round, this vampire may maneuver from depth to close
or long.
[VIC] Place this card on the opposing minion. The minion with this
card cannot maneuver to depth. Put a gasbag counter on this card
during the press step each round. When combat ends, burn this card
and inflict X damage on this minion, where X is the number of gasbag
counters on this card.

jy...@storageannex.com

Feb 26, 2009, 12:59:00 PM2/26/09
Sinbad, The Sailor
Assamite
Group 6
8 Cap
Obt Cel QUI OBF PRE
Camarilla Primogen Aquatic
When Sinbad is influenced out you may equip him with a ship from your
hand. If you do not have one in hand, you may search through your
library for a Ship and place it in your hand, discard afterward.
Sinbad has an optional manuever or press each combat. (Blood Cursed)

brandons...@yahoo.com

Feb 26, 2009, 1:57:26 PM2/26/09

Jack Sparrow is so broken! Fame and Depravity him, then have him
block, dive, backstab, Watershock, and psyche anyone to death.

Watershock
Combat
pot: Strike: strength ranged damage. If the range is at depth, place

this card on the opposing minion. The minion with this card can not

strike. Burn this card during this minion's next untap phase.
POT: As above, but this strike is at Strength +1 damage.

Brandon

Tobias

Feb 26, 2009, 3:35:04 PM2/26/09
On Feb 26, 7:57 pm, brandonsantac...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Feb 26, 5:34 am, Malone <kffos...@indiana.edu> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 26, 3:59 am, bernd.schw...@firstdata.de wrote:
>
> > > I've seen a new Card

I've heard that the squid ghouls are both U and R... The U is also
called 'Deep One'.

XZealot

Feb 26, 2009, 5:07:52 PM2/26/09
On Feb 26, 1:58 am, extrala <ralf.lamm...@gmx.de> wrote:
> I have assembled all available information about the upcoming VtES
> expansion "Blood Dimmed Tides", and put up the first visual spoilers
> along with information about the starters on my blog:http://extrala.blogspot.com/2009/02/next-vtes-expansion-blood-dimmed-...

> Please help me to complete the spoiler list; if you have any further
> information about new cards, mechanics, starter contents, please let
> me know.
>
> Regards, Ralf
>
> P.S.: Please observe the little tags at the end of the blog post!
> ====================http://extrala.blogspot.com

I see Jackie, but where is Teddy

Teddy Bear
Ventrue
Prince of Boston
8 Cap
FOR PRE DOM obf pot
If Teddy Bear is equiped with a vehicle he can take a +1 stealth
action to burn a retainer to gain a corruption counter. Teddy Bear
gets +1 vote for each corruption counter on him.

Malone

Feb 26, 2009, 5:58:40 PM2/26/09
Sea Chanty
action, cost 1 blood
[ani] Place this card on this acting vampire and untap this acting
vampire. The minion with this card is considered Aquatic. Burn this
card during your discard phase.
[mel] As [pre] but place this card on any ready minion.
[MEL] Tap all Aquatic minions, and each methuselah burns 1 pool for
each Aquatic minion they control.

extrala

Feb 26, 2009, 6:09:02 PM2/26/09
On Feb 26, 8:58 am, extrala <ralf.lamm...@gmx.de> wrote:
> ..

> Please help me to complete the spoiler list; if you have any further
> information about new cards, mechanics, starter contents, please let
> me know.
Here's the update on the spoiler list:
http://extrala.blogspot.com/2009/02/new-spoilers-from-blood-dimmed-tide.html
This includes the much awaited Squid Ghoul card, keystone of the
Tzmisce Squid Ghoul starter. Rumor has the starter contains 3 Squid
Ghouls. Take that secondary market.

Many thanks to everybody responding to this thread .. we only need to
uncover 145 crypt and 336 library card ..

Regards, Ralf
====================
http://extrala.blogspot.com

Juggernaut1981

Feb 26, 2009, 6:12:30 PM2/26/09

I think we're missing a few...

Somali Pirates
Mortal Ally
Requires: Brujah/!Brujah
Life 3, Strength 2, Bleed 0
Somali Pirates may take a +1 stealth action to target a Boat
controlled by another Methuselah. That Methuselah may pay you that
Boat's cost in Pool or must burn the Boat.

Jack Silver
Brujah 8-cap
CEL PRE Pot Tha
Jack may take an action to steal a Boat controlled by another
Methuselah as a +1 stealth action. In your untap you may put a
counter from an Investment onto Jack.

Sea Shanty
Action
Requires: 1 blood
+1 stealth
[pre] Put this card in play. Mortals have -1 intercept while this card
is in play. Burn this card during your discard phase.
[mel] Tap up to two mortals controlled by another Methuselah. Untap
this acting vampire.
[MEL] Choose a mortal controlled by your predator or prey. You untap
and gain control of that mortal until your discard phase.

The Ancient Mariner
Master
Requires: 1 pool
Unique.
When you put this card in play, it counts as a Ghoul Ally with
Strength 0, Life 2, Bleed 0. In your master phase you may burn 1
blood from a vampire you control and tap the Ancient Mariner to tap a
minion controlled by your prey. The Ancient Mariner is moved to your
predators control during their untap phase.

Dead Sailors
Ally
Requires: 4 blood
Non-unique Ghoul Ally. Strength 3, Life 3, Bleed 0.
This minion may use cards as if it was a vampire with capacity 3,
[pro] and [ani]. During combat, this ghoul may not use any combat
cards that require disciplines.

Piracy
Reaction
Requires: 2 blood, Anarch
Only usable when a minion controlled by your predator or prey
successfully equips with an item of non-location equipment. This
minion gains the equipment. The original action is still successful
and this reaction card does not count as a successful equip action.

Chris Berger

Feb 26, 2009, 6:24:26 PM2/26/09
On Feb 26, 5:12 pm, Juggernaut1981 <brasscompo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sea Shanty
> Action
> Requires: 1 blood
> +1 stealth
> [pre] Put this card in play. Mortals have -1 intercept while this card
> is in play.  Burn this card during your discard phase.
> [mel] Tap up to two mortals controlled by another Methuselah.  Untap
> this acting vampire.
> [MEL] Choose a mortal controlled by your predator or prey.  You untap
> and gain control of that mortal until your discard phase.

I'm not sure I see why a floating shack can tap or steal mortals... I
mean the Nos Anti have a whole town of them (not floating, granted),
and all it gets them is a blood per turn.

(oh, I suppose Shanty is actually an accepted variant of the word
Chantey/Chanty... still, I'm pretty sure you're talking about the
shack... ;) )

dasei...@hotmail.com

Feb 26, 2009, 6:26:29 PM2/26/09
On Feb 26, 6:58 pm, extrala <ralf.lamm...@gmx.de> wrote:
> I have assembled all available information about the upcoming VtES
> expansion "Blood Dimmed Tides", and put up the first visual spoilers
> along with information about the starters on my blog:http://extrala.blogspot.com/2009/02/next-vtes-expansion-blood-dimmed-...

> Please help me to complete the spoiler list; if you have any further
> information about new cards, mechanics, starter contents, please let
> me know.
>
> Regards, Ralf
>
> P.S.: Please observe the little tags at the end of the blog post!
> ====================http://extrala.blogspot.com

Damn the Torpedoes!

Action Modifier
Celerity
Cost: 1 blood
cel: Aquatic minions get -1 intercept when attempting to block this
action.
CEL: Play when an aquatic minion is attempting to block this action.
The block attempt fails. That minion cannot attempt to block this
action again.

Any minion with a boat pays 1 less blood to play this card.
"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

Juggernaut1981

Feb 26, 2009, 7:34:10 PM2/26/09
On Feb 27, 10:24 am, Chris Berger <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> (oh, I suppose Shanty is actually an accepted variant of the word
> Chantey/Chanty...  still, I'm pretty sure you're talking about the
> shack... ;) )

Sea Shanty = crappy sailors song with often b-grade smutty lyrics...
hence the Melpominee

Juggernaut1981

Feb 26, 2009, 8:07:50 PM2/26/09

Just another thought too...
It may actually be a good idea...

If there is a vampire from Storylines or from the books, who was
basically "mr cool, calm & collected" until being made Famous/Red List/
etc and then goes absolutely off-the planet psycho... maybe they
should gain the text "When this vampire is made Red List or the target
of Fame, they gain +X strength and may prevent Y damage each (strike/
round of combat/combat)"
See then it gets tempting to chuck a Fame on your own minion or to Red
List your own minion.

nac.s...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2009, 10:46:09 PM2/26/09
On 26 feb, 04:58, extrala <ralf.lamm...@gmx.de> wrote:
> I have assembled all available information about the upcoming VtES
> expansion "Blood Dimmed Tides", and put up the first visual spoilers
> along with information about the starters on my blog:http://extrala.blogspot.com/2009/02/next-vtes-expansion-blood-dimmed-...

> Please help me to complete the spoiler list; if you have any further
> information about new cards, mechanics, starter contents, please let
> me know.
>
> Regards, Ralf
>
> P.S.: Please observe the little tags at the end of the blog post!
> ====================http://extrala.blogspot.com

The Bends

Master: Out-of-turn

Only usable when an acuatic vampire you control sets range to deep
when opposing a non-acuatic minion. Put this card on the opposing
minion. Each untap, the minion with this card burns 1 blood or life,
or can't be untapped. Burn this card if the minion with this card
becomes acuatic or plays a maneuver into deep. You can play this card
in your own turn.

opao...@yahoo.com

Feb 27, 2009, 9:09:40 AM2/27/09
i want to see:

Hidden Pirate Island
Master
Unique Location. Only usable when you have a victory point. If you
withdraw or are the last player remaining in the game, gain an
additional victory point.

Penguin Chariot
Only usable on Ship Lanes
ani: 2 stealth
ANI: as above, and minions without Aquatic get -1 intercept
[i]Glorious to behold, but still wholly unexpected[/i]

Sea Cucumber of Doom
1 pool
Unique Equipment
Put this equipment on any minion at +3 stealth. The bearer of this
equipment cannot vote, block, or take actions until his or her next
discard phase. The bearer's next action must be to put this equipment
on any other minion at +3 stealth.

Narwhal
Retainer
2 Blood
5 Life
Usable by employing minion as a +2 strength melee weapon; Narwhal
loses 1 life.
ani: At Depth, Narwhal inflicts 2R damage each round of combat during
normal strike resolution.
ANI: Usable as a 2R + 1R aggravated strike; Narwhal loses 1 life.
[i]Useful, if it only weren't for the squeaking sound.[/i]

Chris Berger

Feb 27, 2009, 10:58:52 AM2/27/09

The standard spelling is Chantey or Chanty, and I wasn't aware of the
alternate when I started the post, hence the parenthetical. Plus, I
like the phrase Shanty Town.

Chris Berger

Feb 27, 2009, 11:02:59 AM2/27/09
On Feb 26, 7:07 pm, Juggernaut1981 <brasscompo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> See then it gets tempting to chuck a Fame on your own minion or to Red
> List your own minion.

Man, I *so* wish it were easier to Red List your own minions. Would
make the crypt of my Enkidu Rebirth deck a lot easier. I've been
hoping for something like "Guilt By Association", either a master or
an action that targets a minion controlled by a methuselah who
controls at least one Red List minion and turns the other minion Red
List.

Candle-Ends

Feb 28, 2009, 11:08:35 PM2/28/09
On Feb 26, 2:58 am, extrala <ralf.lamm...@gmx.de> wrote:
> I have assembled all available information about the upcoming VtES
> expansion "Blood Dimmed Tides", and put up the first visual spoilers
> along with information about the starters on my blog:http://extrala.blogspot.com/2009/02/next-vtes-expansion-blood-dimmed-...

> Please help me to complete the spoiler list; if you have any further
> information about new cards, mechanics, starter contents, please let
> me know.
>
> Regards, Ralf
>
> P.S.: Please observe the little tags at the end of the blog post!
> ====================http://extrala.blogspot.com

Here's one that i didn't see spoiled yet:

Madness of the Baaarrrhhhd! You can probably guess what you have to
do when it's in play. The rumor, however, is that it's already been
banned.

Neil

Juggernaut1981

Mar 1, 2009, 5:15:49 PM3/1/09

Bleeding with a porpoise
Action
+1 stealth
[ani] Bleed
[ANI] Bleed with +1 bleed.
"Nobody saw it coming..."

Christian C

Mar 2, 2009, 2:13:49 PM3/2/09
My two cents (runned out of cretivty I guess):

Renegaded Rokea
cost 3 pool
non unique allie 0 bleed 3 life 2 strengh
if there is any other Renegaded Rokea in play, recruit him cost an
aditional pool.
RR has an optional manouver only usable to go deep each combat and +1
strength when in combat with a garou.
RR gets +1 bleed when bleeding a mat who controls a ready minion with
a ship.

Carrion pelicans
only usable before range resolution
cost 1 blood
ani: oposing minion takes 1r demage in press step
ANI: oposing minion canot play manouvers

"Shit! where this stuff came from?"

Aid from sharks
cost 1 blood
ani: only usable before range resolution if the oposing minion does
not have ani or ANI : set the range to deep for this round (skip range
resolution)
ANI: only usable before range resolution, if the range is deep: for
the remainder of the combat, in the press step the oposing vampire
takes an addional demage from each blood point burned to prevent
demage in that round.
"blood makes these beasts go mad... really mad"

Christian tricks
requires a ready anarch, not usable in combat with an infernal
ani:combat ends, if the range this round is deep, this minion gains
one blood from the blood bank
cel: combat ends, if the range this round is deep, opossing minion
takes one demage as well
obe: put lazarus counter on the oposing ally or in a retainer
controlled by the oposing minion. if a card with a counter is about to
be burned, you take control of it instead and it regains life to its
initial capacity from the blood bank

"walk over the water? fish multiply? I´ve hear bout this before..."

Leviatan
requires a Nos
cost 4
unique ally with 4 life 4 strength and 0 bleed
Leviatan may burn any ship as a D action. he may enter combat with any
minion as a D action that is at +stealth if that minion is acuatic, or
has a ship.
"war ghouls, hundreds, we´ve never survived if they could breath in
the water"

Onasis Yate
cost 3 pool
requires a ready setite
the minion with this ship can take an undirected +2 stealth action to
put 1 corruption counter on a ready minion, or two counters if the
minion is female.
"Sasha? well, is a female name I guess..."