Slashem & lethe

mar...@interia.pl

Jun 17, 2005, 4:59:01 PM6/17/05
Hi RGRN!

Recently i read about lethe patch in slashem & nethack differences
list. I thought "Cool!" and downloaded the patch to examine it a bit. I
quickly discovered that it wasn't fully integrated into slashem. After
asking a few people I heard that someone started integrating it, but
ran out of interest. As I'm sort of person that doesn't like to wait, I
considered integrating it myself. So here is result of my play with S
code: http://markosc.w.interia.pl/Slethe-1.1.patch - lethe patch remade
for slashem 0.0.7E7.

It adds:
- scrolls of demonology and elementalism - yet another reason not to
read-id scrolls
- silver capped staff (yet another silver weapon)
- Python sketch: dead parrots are revived by shopkeepers
("You're not dead! You're only resting!")
- failed arfifact wishes now include cool message from Moloch as well
as summoning a few his minions
- new dungeon branch between Dungeons of Doom and Gehennom: Lethe
Gorge - 9 new levels, castle being the third level of it
- under-castle branch with one level
- Gates of Gehennom as last level of Lethe Gorge, with Cerberus as a
guard
- Demon lairs, Valley of the Dead and Sanctum levels changed to Lethe
versions
- Pleasent Valley - nice level in Gehennom with branch to Vlad's Tower
- Cthulhu (another demon prince, worse even than Demogorgon) is new
Moloch's high priest
- Wizard's Tower is another dungeon branch (just like Vlad's Tower)
- Gulf of N'kai (4 special levels) at bottom of Gehennom (second one
of them has portal to Wizard's Tower, the last one is Vibrating Square
level)

Note that dungeon is now REALLY big and crowded (over 70 levels deep!).

Hope you will enjoy this patch!

Benjamin Schieder

Jun 20, 2005, 11:34:50 AM6/20/05
> Recently i read about lethe patch in slashem & nethack differences
> list. I thought "Cool!" and downloaded the patch to examine it a bit. I
> quickly discovered that it wasn't fully integrated into slashem. After
> asking a few people I heard that someone started integrating it, but
> ran out of interest. As I'm sort of person that doesn't like to wait, I
> considered integrating it myself. So here is result of my play with S
> code: http://markosc.w.interia.pl/Slethe-1.1.patch - lethe patch remade
> for slashem 0.0.7E7.

For those who want to try it out I've added a second playground on my SLASH'EM
server:
telnet://slashem.crash-override.net

Greetings,
Benjamin

--
The Nethack IdleRPG! Idle to your favorite Nethack messages!
http://pallas.crash-override.net/nethackidle/

Richard Honz

Jun 23, 2005, 10:36:02 AM6/23/05
mar...@interia.pl wrote:

> [...]

> http://markosc.w.interia.pl/Slethe-1.1.patch - lethe patch remade
> for slashem 0.0.7E7.

It compiles perfectly under DOS. Only thing under DOS ist that the DOS
Makefile should be edited to contain the lethe.des entries, so that the
level compiler can create the lethe*.lev files.

> Hope you will enjoy this patch!

Very much and thank you for providing this patch!

I hope the Slashem DevTeam will incorporate your patch in the next
Slash'em release.

Cheers,
Rich

mar...@interia.pl

Jun 23, 2005, 12:55:20 PM6/23/05
Thank you :-)

About the Makefiles: right. I probably should change all of them, but
there are lotsa platforms supporting slashem and i didn't have patience
to change them all, so i just changed the unix ones, which i was using.

And i also hope for integration to S, although it will probably make S
much harder...

Don't forget to tell me about ascension!