„Google“ grupės nebepalaiko naujų „Usenet“ įrašų ar prenumeratų. Istorinį turinį galima peržiūrėti.

YAAP Grysam-Wiz-Elf-Cha-Fem (foodless atheist survivor)

754 peržiūros
Praleisti ir pereiti prie pirmo neskaityto pranešimo

Christian Bressler

neskaityta,
2002-01-27 13:19:372002-01-27
kam:
Hi,

two consequtive posts, but the two games aren't a sequence.

If you want to ascend a foodless atheist you need a strategy.
There are at least two ways to lower your food-consumption,
wear a =oSD or polymorph into a non-eating monster.
Both methods burn food by either ring or amulet (unchanging).
You start with 900nutrition and every 20turns you loose one
point. Idealy you can survive 18k turns, but its really more
like ~10k moves before you need nutrition.

The other obstacle is intrinsics. Preferably by no food
burning means. Note you can't eat rings/amulets since that
breaks foodless conduct.

So what class to choose?
Monks for their intrinsics or wizards for their starting
equipment?
And what race?

Since every choice involves some RL-luck I started
monks and elven-wizards and tried every character the
RNG dropped at me. Most of them starved to death, since
no wizard got created with the ring needed.

Grysam started with standard wizard equipment and
2?oId, 1?oRC, +oFB, +oCoM, !oSl, !oSi, !oPy, +1=oGS, +1=oGC,
/oSlowM and a tame kitten called Cral.
Not really useful in term of foodless atheist, but ...

Grysam began to explore the first level and stumbled over
a shiny little ring with turn 347. One of her ?oId told her
it was a =oSD.

Ok, first piece of the puzzle, but how to gain intrinsics?

She descendet, ignored the mines and found the oracle at Dlvl5.
Her first stage armour was +0 studded leather, +1 elven boots,
+0[CoMR, +0 leather gloves and +0 elven leather helm.

She descendet further and reached Dlvl10, she kicked every
sink and read every not cursed spellbook (Cral) she found.
She learned healing and detect monster among others.

Now Grysam solved Sokoban ("oR), and visited minetown. She
price-IDed her stuff and bought some useful items (MM,
magic lamp, stethoscope, 7 candles but no bag (except
a bag of tricks).

She became hungry while she looked for the luckstone.
Back in minetown (t~8k) she became weak and recharged her
nutrition the first time. (a riddle, isn't it?)

Now she went deeper down into the dungeons and found at
Dlvl13 speed boots laying around.
At Dlvl14 she received a faint telepathic call and ignored
it.

Every time she got two unided rings of the same sort she
dropped one into a sink (seven sinks existed in that game).

Grysam delt with almost everything from afar with force
bolt, but if neccessary she wore her amulet of reflection
or a ring of foo resistance for a short period of time.

Her skills in attack -, divination spells and quaterstaff
grew almost equally.

Without a bag she placed chests every 4-5 levels and
stashed everything not absolutely neccessary away.

The Dungeons of Doom held three shops, all general, at
Dlvl8, 12, 20, guess the chest levels ;-).

The time she reached medusa (DLvl26,XL11,HP78,Pw124),
Grysam laked means of levitation.
Therefore she collected every tool, ring and spellbook
and polypiled at Dlvl8 (t~18k).
She had to recharge nutrition while collecting things
at t~16k.

She got a ring of levitation and learned some spells,
including identify, (c+FoD), charm monster, protection,
slow monster, cure sickness, stone to flesh, sleep,
magic mapping and magic missle.
And she gained a bag priced 100 next to two (MM, sadly
the bag didn't changed weight.

Now she visited the Castle by digging at medusas,
played a quick game of mastermind and gained some XL
by using a giant fly-clap resembling device.

Grysam killed Medusa, grabbed the wand of wishing(0:2)
and visited the armoury.
The dragons left no scales, and the armoury held
a Hawaiian shirt, gauntlets of dexterity and an
alchemy smock.
She wished for 2 blessed scrolls of charging,
a +3 silver dragon scale mail and a blessed
bag of holding.

With one !oGL she reached XL14 and visited a wimp
called the Dark One.
On her way up to the quest leader, with the Eye she
became weak again and recharged her nutrition at home 3,
with turn t~25k.

With the Eye Grysam replaced her cloak of magic resistance
with the alchemy smock.

Now she visited the VotD and realized, she got no holy water.
She wished for two blessed potions and created some
holy water, enchanted her armor and weapon and did
some alchemy.

She explored gehennom with magic mapping, digged pathes
between the stairs, bribed the demon lords and fought
with sleep/staff or magic missle, she lost 12HP by
fire traps.

She visited Vlad, tricked Orcus by visiting him from below.
Located the VS, entered the tower and used rings of stealth
resp. levitation to reach the wizard fast.
At the top of the wizard tower she became weak again.
-> recharge nutrition.

Now Grysam waked Rodney, showed him the Finger, grabbed
the book and levelteleported(XL17) to the VS.
She enterd the sanctum with stealth and passed the
graveyard and local priesthood with few casualties.

She showed some Finger again, grabbed the amulet and was
now in rapid hunger territory.
She hurried up, got thrown back only twice (both Juiblex
lair). At Juiblex lair the wizard poped up, too.

She reached the VotD and hasted further up. As she arrived
at the upstairs at DLvl1 she was weak again.
So she used her two items the last time.

A last quick check, a forgotten spell, 4 ?oGD, some /oT,
/oDig, 2ud!oFH, =oLev, =oFA, jumping, ... Hmm, everything in
place, let's finally greet Rodney.

The planes went smooth, two air elementals engulfed Grysam,
one took him to the portal, no worry. The zen-samurai teached
my the only stylish way at fire is blindfolded, you move
fast without the annoying "the foo is on fire".

With speed boots, jumping-spell and free action Grysam had
no worries at Astrals, therefore:

The voice of Anhur booms: "Congratulations, mortal!"
"In return for thy service, I grant thee the gift of Immortality!"
You ascend to the status of Demigoddess...

Grysam the Emchantress St:18 Dx:20 Co:16 In:20 Wi:19 Ch:10 S:639131
Astral Plane $:0 HP:183(184) Pw:129(230) AC:-32 Xp:17/1107407 T:31022

DYWYPI:
Amulets
K - the blessed Eye of the Aethiopica
Weapons
a - a blessed +5 quarterstaff (weapon in hands)
b - a rustproof +2 athame /* never used */
Armor
A - a blessed +4 Hawaiian shirt (being worn)
B - a blessed +5 silver dragon scale mail (being worn)
C - a blessed greased +4 alchemy smock (being worn)
D - a blessed +5 pair of speed boots (being worn)
E - a blessed +5 pair of gauntlets of dexterity (being worn)
G - a blessed greased +6 elven leather helm (being worn)
Spellbooks
J - the uncursed Book of the Dead
Potions
z - an uncursed diluted potion of full healing
Rings
e - an uncursed ring of slow digestion (on left hand)
n - an uncursed ring of free action (on right hand)
o - an uncursed ring of polymorph control
Wands
c - a wand of teleportation (0:0)
g - a wand of death (0:4)
h - a wand of teleportation (0:2)
j - a wand of death (0:2)
k - a wand of teleportation (0:1)
m - a cursed wand of polymorph (0:1)
S - a cursed rusty wand of teleportation (0:2)
Tools
d - a blessed +1 unicorn horn
f - an uncursed blindfold
l - an uncursed magic lamp (lit)
q - a blessed bag of holding
s - a cursed skeleton key
w - a cursed stethoscope
x - an uncursed magic whistle
H - a can of grease (0:2)
O - the Bell of Opening (0:2)
R - an uncursed oilskin sack
T - an uncursed towel
Y - the uncursed Candelabrum of Invocation (7 candles attached)
Gems
W - 2 cursed amethyst stones
Z - a blessed luckstone

Contents of the bag of holding:

a wand of secret door detection (0:8)
a wand of digging (0:5)
an uncursed ring of stealth
an uncursed ring of levitation
a cursed scroll of charging
an uncursed diluted potion of full healing
a cursed wand of digging (0:3)
a wand of secret door detection (0:13)
an uncursed spellbook of magic missile
an uncursed spellbook of sleep
a blessed spellbook of finger of death
an uncursed spellbook of stone to flesh
an uncursed spellbook of extra healing
an uncursed spellbook of magic mapping
a cursed ring of polymorph
an uncursed potion of fruit juice
an uncursed potion of see invisible
a wand of enlightenment (0:9)
a wand of cold (0:2)
a cursed wand of speed monster (0:2)
a cursed wand of cold (0:3)
a magic marker (1:31)
a cursed magic marker (0:6)
a magic marker (0:9)
a blessed fireproof +1 cloak of magic resistance
an uncursed +0 pair of jumping boots
an uncursed +0 pair of water walking boots
an uncursed amulet of reflection
a wand of wishing (0:1)
a wand of wishing (1:1)
4 potions of holy water
an uncursed amulet of life saving
an uncursed amulet of unchanging
2 uncursed scrolls of remove curse
3 cursed scrolls of remove curse
a cursed scroll of fire
a cursed scroll of taming
an uncursed scroll of taming
an uncursed scroll of fire
an uncursed ring of slow digestion
an uncursed ring of poison resistance
an uncursed ring of cold resistance
an uncursed ring of fire resistance
an uncursed ring of shock resistance
an uncursed ring of polymorph
an uncursed ring of polymorph control
an uncursed ring of teleportation
an uncursed ring of teleport control
an uncursed ring of conflict
an uncursed +0 mummy wrapping
an uncursed bugle
a wand of polymorph (1:4)
a +0 unicorn horn
a +0 unicorn horn
a can of grease (0:3)
a can of grease (0:20)
15205 gold pieces
a cursed wand of opening (0:4)
a blessed can of grease (0:7)
a can of grease (0:19)
a cursed wand of teleportation (0:1)
a wand of slow monster (0:6)
an uncursed tin opener /* Souvenir, what a strange tool ;-) */

Contents of the oilskin sack:

a cursed wand of cancellation (0:5)
a wand of cancellation (0:2)

Final Attributes:

You were piously aligned.
You were sleep resistant.
You were poison resistant.
You were magic-protected.
You were acid resistant.
You were warned.
You had infravision.
You were sensing the presence of monsters.
You were invisible.
You had teleport control.
You had slower digestion.
You were very fast.
You had reflection.
You had free action.
You were lucky.
You had extra luck.
Good luck did not time out for you.
You survived.

Vanquished creatures:

Orcus
Juiblex
The Wizard of Yendor (3 times)
Famine /* obviously it was the altar behind Famine. */
an arch-lich /* That one begged for being geno'd */
a high priest
a mastodon
Medusa
The Dark One
Vlad the Impaler
a mind flayer
2 fire vortices
a stalker
3 air elementals
a fire elemental
2 earth elementals /* no water elemental */
4 freezing spheres
6 flaming spheres
3 shocking spheres
3 energy vortices
4 cockatrices
a white unicorn
a gray unicorn
a paper golem
50 killer bees /* nice feeling to fight these without poison-res */
a brown mold
a yellow mold
a green mold
a red mold /* Hmm */

1090 creatures vanquished.

Genocided species:
liches, demiliches, master liches, arch-liches
4 species genocided.

Voluntary challenges:

You went without food.
You were an atheist.
You genocided 4 types of monsters.
You never changed form.
You used 4 wishes.
You did not wish for any artifacts.

Goodbye Grysam the Demigoddess...

You went to your reward with 3192562 points,
Book of the Dead (worth 350000 zorkmids and 875000 points)
The Eye of the Aethiopica (worth 15000 zorkmids and 37500 points)
Bell of Opening (worth 100000 zorkmids and 250000 points)
Candelabrum of Invocation (worth 300000 zorkmids and 750000 points)
2 amethyst stones (worth 1200 zorkmids),
1 amulet of ESP (worth 150 zorkmids),
1 amulet of life saving (worth 150 zorkmids),
1 amulet of unchanging (worth 150 zorkmids),
1 amulet of reflection (worth 150 zorkmids),
and 15205 pieces of gold, after 31023 moves.
You were level 17 with a maximum of 184 hit points when you ascended.

You made the top ten list!

No Points Name Hp [max]
1 6470136 Minsk-Mon-Hum-Fem-Neu ascended to demigoddess-hood. 421 [455]
2 6193776 Poldi-Val-Dwa-Fem-Law ascended to demigoddess-hood. 393 [393]
3 4049748 Klar-Bar-Orc-Fem-Cha ascended to demigoddess-hood. 159 [242]
6 3482555 Tuut-Val-Dwa-Fem-Law ascended to demigoddess-hood. 338 [338]
7 3235221 Jun-Kni-Hum-Mal-Law ascended to demigod-hood. 256 [327]
8 3192562 Grysam-Wiz-Elf-Fem-Cha ascended to demigoddess-hood. 184 [184]
9 3184010 Zen-Sam-Hum-Fem-Law ascended to demigoddess-hood. 409 [420]
10 3092496 Hark-Rog-Orc-Fem-Cha ascended to demigoddess-hood. 275 [282]

Marvin

Kate Nepveu

neskaityta,
2002-01-27 14:12:422002-01-27
kam:
Christian Bressler <gas...@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

> If you want to ascend a foodless atheist you need a strategy.

And guts, to try it! Congratulations.

[...]

> She became hungry while she looked for the luckstone.
> Back in minetown (t~8k) she became weak and recharged her
> nutrition the first time. (a riddle, isn't it?)

Fruit juice, booze, anything else?

[...]

> With speed boots, jumping-spell and free action Grysam had
> no worries at Astrals, therefore:

I never use jumping, but I'm going to have to next time; I
usually teleport things out of the way on Astral, and jumping
would be good to get to the end of the clear space. Can't
believe I didn't think of that before.

[...]
> Voluntary challenges:

> You went without food.
> You were an atheist.
> You genocided 4 types of monsters.
> You never changed form.
> You used 4 wishes.
> You did not wish for any artifacts.

Just wanted to admire that again...

Kate
--
http://www.steelypips.org/ kate....@yale.edu
Nethack Spoilers; The Paired Reading Page; Book Reviews; Book Log

David Goldfarb

neskaityta,
2002-01-27 18:18:552002-01-27
kam:
In article <a31jfa$801$1...@news.ycc.yale.edu>,

Kate Nepveu <kate....@yale.edu> wrote:
>Christian Bressler <gas...@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
>
>> If you want to ascend a foodless atheist you need a strategy.
>
>And guts, to try it! Congratulations.

Likewise. I thought nothing could top the previous foodless atheist,
but I really should have known better!

>[...]
>> She became hungry while she looked for the luckstone.
>> Back in minetown (t~8k) she became weak and recharged her
>> nutrition the first time. (a riddle, isn't it?)
>
>Fruit juice, booze, anything else?

Doesn't polymorphing reset your hunger status? If you have a ring
of polymorph and a ring of polycontrol, and you poly into a new elf....

>> Voluntary challenges:
>
>> You went without food.
>> You were an atheist.
>> You genocided 4 types of monsters.
>> You never changed form.
>> You used 4 wishes.
>> You did not wish for any artifacts.
>
>Just wanted to admire that again...

No kidding. The other one used 15 wishes and genocided boatloads of stuff.
Once again Marvin proves that he is the Master.

--
David Goldfarb <*>|"My agent's negotiating for a half-hour cooking
gold...@ocf.berkeley.edu |program, you know..."
|salads, tossing bodies -- it's all the same to me."

Kate Nepveu

neskaityta,
2002-01-27 18:33:232002-01-27
kam:
David Goldfarb <gold...@ocf.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> In article <a31jfa$801$1...@news.ycc.yale.edu>,
> Kate Nepveu <kate....@yale.edu> wrote:
>>Christian Bressler <gas...@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

>>[...]
>>> She became hungry while she looked for the luckstone.
>>> Back in minetown (t~8k) she became weak and recharged her
>>> nutrition the first time. (a riddle, isn't it?)

>>Fruit juice, booze, anything else?

> Doesn't polymorphing reset your hunger status? If you have a ring
> of polymorph and a ring of polycontrol, and you poly into a new elf....

Wiz mode says you're right & it doesn't break conduct, though I
didn't see the ring of poly control mentioned that early in the
story.

Jacco

neskaityta,
2002-01-27 19:07:312002-01-27
kam:
On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 20:12:42 +0100, Kate Nepveu engraved in the dust:

> Christian Bressler <gas...@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
>
>> If you want to ascend a foodless atheist you need a strategy.
>
> And guts, to try it! Congratulations.

Congrats! I start feeling inadequate, just trying wishless and
polypileless (ready to enter the planes, YAAP or YASD somewhere this
week, I hope)

> [...]
>> She became hungry while she looked for the luckstone. Back in minetown
>> (t~8k) she became weak and recharged her nutrition the first time. (a
>> riddle, isn't it?)
>
> Fruit juice, booze, anything else?

Polymorphing into a new Elf??

> [...]
>> With speed boots, jumping-spell and free action Grysam had no worries
>> at Astrals, therefore:
>
> I never use jumping, but I'm going to have to next time; I usually
> teleport things out of the way on Astral, and jumping would be good to
> get to the end of the clear space. Can't believe I didn't think of that
> before.

I must remember that too.

> [...]
>> Voluntary challenges:
>
>> You went without food.
>> You were an atheist.
>> You genocided 4 types of monsters.
>> You never changed form.
>> You used 4 wishes.
>> You did not wish for any artifacts.
>
> Just wanted to admire that again...

And again...

--
cu Jacco NH 3.3.1L A (last)
Jacco-Bar-Hum-Fem-Cha HP:715 Pw:89 AC:-49 Xp:27 T:71872

lmfback

neskaityta,
2002-01-28 02:34:592002-01-28
kam:

In article <a31gbp$9it$1...@mamenchi.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE>, gas...@cs.tu-
berlin.de says...

> She became hungry while she looked for the luckstone.
> Back in minetown (t~8k) she became weak and recharged her
> nutrition the first time. (a riddle, isn't it?)

Must be polying but will polying into anything else reset nutrition?
Any non-eating monster? Any "myself"?

> Rings
> e - an uncursed ring of slow digestion (on left hand)

> o - an uncursed ring of polymorph control
> Wands

> m - a cursed wand of polymorph (0:1)

Ok, guess seems right but I still don't know which one is adequate. I'm
sure Master Bressler will tell us eventually :-)

> an uncursed tin opener /* Souvenir, what a strange tool ;-) */

:-)

> 50 killer bees /* nice feeling to fight these without poison-res */

And without using any other means of "resisting"?

> Voluntary challenges:
>
> You went without food.
> You were an atheist.
> You genocided 4 types of monsters.
> You never changed form.
> You used 4 wishes.
> You did not wish for any artifacts.

Amazing... Low on wishes too but being pretty fast about it (for
obvious reasons).
Is "survivor" just for fun or does it refer to AoLSless?

I'm having a few goes at pacifist just for fun and I must say these
"hard" conducts drive me nuts. Every attempt so far has ended in the
same: Moving along when a newt or alike is generated in my path. Hmm, I
should play with shift down... Still would be tedious though.

And congratulations obviously!

Eskimo

--
//------------------------------
//Remove absolutelynospam to mail directly.

Andreas Dorn

neskaityta,
2002-01-28 03:26:062002-01-28
kam:
lmfback wrote:
> In article <a31gbp$9it$1...@mamenchi.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE>, gas...@cs.tu-
> berlin.de says...
>
> > She became hungry while she looked for the luckstone.
> > Back in minetown (t~8k) she became weak and recharged her
> > nutrition the first time. (a riddle, isn't it?)
>
> Must be polying but will polying into anything else reset nutrition?
> Any non-eating monster? Any "myself"?

Polymorphing into your own race or life-saving does the trick (without
breaking the "never changed form" conduct). But ascending without poison
resistance is still crazy...

> > Voluntary challenges:
> >
> > You went without food.
> > You were an atheist.
> > You genocided 4 types of monsters.
> > You never changed form.
> > You used 4 wishes.
> > You did not wish for any artifacts.

Nicely done! Congratulations!

> I'm having a few goes at pacifist just for fun and I must say these
> "hard" conducts drive me nuts. Every attempt so far has ended in the
> same: Moving along when a newt or alike is generated in my path. Hmm, I
> should play with shift down... Still would be tedious though.

If that is your main problem you could try a monk (with armour).
(There's a nice to-hit penalty somewhere...)

Andreas

Remco Gerlich

neskaityta,
2002-01-28 08:25:302002-01-28
kam:
lmfback wrote in rec.games.roguelike.nethack:

> In article <a31gbp$9it$1...@mamenchi.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE>, gas...@cs.tu-
> berlin.de says...
>
> > She became hungry while she looked for the luckstone.
> > Back in minetown (t~8k) she became weak and recharged her
> > nutrition the first time. (a riddle, isn't it?)
>
> Must be polying but will polying into anything else reset nutrition?

(snip)

> > Voluntary challenges:
> >
> > You went without food.
> > You were an atheist.
> > You genocided 4 types of monsters.
> > You never changed form.
> > You used 4 wishes.
> > You did not wish for any artifacts.

You never changed form!?!?

Curiouser and curiouser (and my news server doesn't even have the original
post yet)

--
Remco Gerlich

Chi

neskaityta,
2002-01-28 09:00:232002-01-28
kam:
Remco Gerlich <scar...@pino.selwerd.nl> wrote:
[about Marvin's incredible Foodless Athiest survivor]
> You never changed form!?!?

Note that polying into a "new elf" does not break polyselfless.

Regards,

Chris.

Rast

neskaityta,
2002-01-28 12:25:232002-01-28
kam:
Chi wrote on Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:00:23 GMT in article
<1012226423.16209....@news.demon.co.uk>:

Is this considered a bug?

Is polyself resetting nutrition considered a bug?

Chris Mears

neskaityta,
2002-01-29 07:21:212002-01-29
kam:
lmfback <peter.b...@absolutelynospam.lmf.ericsson.se> wrote:

>In article <a31gbp$9it$1...@mamenchi.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE>, gas...@cs.tu-
>berlin.de says...
>
>> She became hungry while she looked for the luckstone.
>> Back in minetown (t~8k) she became weak and recharged her
>> nutrition the first time. (a riddle, isn't it?)
>
>Must be polying but will polying into anything else reset nutrition?
>Any non-eating monster? Any "myself"?

What about dying with an amulet of life saving?

Andreas Dorn

neskaityta,
2002-01-29 11:54:282002-01-29
kam:
Rast wrote:
> Chi wrote on Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:00:23 GMT in article

> > Note that polying into a "new elf" does not break polyselfless.

> Is this considered a bug?

Well, the conduct is: "You never changed form." If you polymorph into a
new self you don't change form. -> no bug

> Is polyself resetting nutrition considered a bug?

I don't think so.
For foodless conduct there's a nice strategy:
- Start with a =oSD (or find it early)
- use food-prayers in the Dungeons of Doom
- get some polyself-equipment (=oPC, !oPoly, /oPoly, =oPoly)
- use polyself in Gehennom (where food-prayers don't work)

You don't need too much luck for that.

Making the foodless conduct more uncomfortable just because "foodless
atheism is too easy" doesn't make sense too me. But maybe there should
be an extra conduct for polyselfless.
You never polymorphed...? (never polymorphed at all)
You never changed form. (only polyself allowed)
You never ...? (only changing form allowed)

Any suggestions?

Andreas

Christian Bressler

neskaityta,
2002-01-29 12:12:372002-01-29
kam:
Kate Nepveu <kate....@yale.edu> wrote:
: Christian Bressler <gas...@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

:> If you want to ascend a foodless atheist you need a strategy.
: And guts, to try it! Congratulations.

Thanks.

: [...]
:>
:> [recharged her nutrition] (a riddle, isn't it?)

: Fruit juice, booze, anything else?

Something else.

: [...]

:> With speed boots, jumping-spell and free action Grysam had
:> no worries at Astrals, therefore:
: I never use jumping, but I'm going to have to next time; I
: usually teleport things out of the way on Astral, and jumping
: would be good to get to the end of the clear space. Can't
: believe I didn't think of that before.

That, and jump diagonally. Especially through previous blasted
doors.

: [...]
: Just wanted to admire that again...

You're free to read it over and over ;-)

: Kate
Marvin

Christian Bressler

neskaityta,
2002-01-29 12:20:442002-01-29
kam:
David Goldfarb <gold...@OCF.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:
: In article <a31jfa$801$1...@news.ycc.yale.edu>,

: Kate Nepveu <kate....@yale.edu> wrote:
:>Christian Bressler <gas...@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
:>> If you want to ascend a foodless atheist you need a strategy.
:>And guts, to try it! Congratulations.
: Likewise. I thought nothing could top the previous foodless atheist,
: but I really should have known better!

I think the frist game was harder work.

:>[...]

:>> She became hungry while she looked for the luckstone.
:>> Back in minetown (t~8k) she became weak and recharged her
:>> nutrition the first time. (a riddle, isn't it?)
:>Fruit juice, booze, anything else?
: Doesn't polymorphing reset your hunger status? If you have a ring
: of polymorph and a ring of polycontrol, and you poly into a new elf....

Yes, uhunger is set to 500+x and the polyself-conduct isn't affected.

:>> Voluntary challenges:

:>
:>> You went without food.
:>> You were an atheist.
:>> You genocided 4 types of monsters.
:>> You never changed form.
:>> You used 4 wishes.
:>> You did not wish for any artifacts.
:>
:>Just wanted to admire that again...
: No kidding. The other one used 15 wishes and genocided boatloads of stuff.
: Once again Marvin proves that he is the Master.

You're overstating beyond all limits, but thanks anyway.

: David Goldfarb
Marvin

Christian Bressler

neskaityta,
2002-01-29 12:24:562002-01-29
kam:
Kate Nepveu <kate....@yale.edu> wrote:

: David Goldfarb <gold...@ocf.berkeley.edu> wrote:
:> In article <a31jfa$801$1...@news.ycc.yale.edu>,
:> Kate Nepveu <kate....@yale.edu> wrote:
:>>Christian Bressler <gas...@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
:>>[...]
:>>> She became hungry while she looked for the luckstone.
:>>> Back in minetown (t~8k) she became weak and recharged her
:>>> nutrition the first time. (a riddle, isn't it?)
:>>Fruit juice, booze, anything else?
:> Doesn't polymorphing reset your hunger status? If you have a ring
:> of polymorph and a ring of polycontrol, and you poly into a new elf....
: Wiz mode says you're right & it doesn't break conduct, though I
: didn't see the ring of poly control mentioned that early in the
: story.

It's only in the boring list, Grysam found it late ~500 turns before
starving the first time.

: Kate
Marvin

Christian Bressler

neskaityta,
2002-01-29 12:29:502002-01-29
kam:
Andreas Dorn <ador...@web.de> wrote:

: lmfback wrote:
:> In article <a31gbp$9it$1...@mamenchi.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE>, gas...@cs.tu-
:> berlin.de says...
:> > She became hungry while she looked for the luckstone.
:> > Back in minetown (t~8k) she became weak and recharged her
:> > nutrition the first time. (a riddle, isn't it?)
:> Must be polying but will polying into anything else reset nutrition?
:> Any non-eating monster? Any "myself"?
: Polymorphing into your own race or life-saving does the trick (without
: breaking the "never changed form" conduct). But ascending without poison
: resistance is still crazy...

Hmm, Grysam had poison-resistance in the very moment of ascension.
But in the early game detect monster helped a lot.

:> > Voluntary challenges:

:> >
:> > You went without food.
:> > You were an atheist.
:> > You genocided 4 types of monsters.
:> > You never changed form.
:> > You used 4 wishes.
:> > You did not wish for any artifacts.
: Nicely done! Congratulations!

Special thanks.

:> I'm having a few goes at pacifist just for fun and I must say these

:> "hard" conducts drive me nuts. Every attempt so far has ended in the
:> same: Moving along when a newt or alike is generated in my path. Hmm, I
:> should play with shift down... Still would be tedious though.
: If that is your main problem you could try a monk (with armour).
: (There's a nice to-hit penalty somewhere...)

And move with prefix (not F, off course), an unintended hit is
likely placed otherwise.

: Andreas
Marvin

David Goldfarb

neskaityta,
2002-01-29 23:24:442002-01-29
kam:
In article <qs4d5ucntgrk111sp...@4ax.com>,

Dying with an amulet of life saving will indeed reset your hunger.
However, we know from the conduct list that Grysam never died.

--
David Goldfarb <*>|"To the general public "calories" are not units
gold...@ocf.berkeley.edu |of measurement but evil creatures that live in
| -- Bill Jennings on rec.arts.comics.misc

Michael Anthony Bayazes

neskaityta,
2002-01-31 23:02:292002-01-31
kam:
Christian Bressler <gas...@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

> David Goldfarb <gold...@OCF.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:
> : Likewise. I thought nothing could top the previous foodless atheist,
> : but I really should have known better!

> I think the frist game was harder work.

I don't know ... I think Marvin's accomplishment was far more elegant than
mine -- all those wishes and genocides and lifesavings I made use of were
quite ugly.

Anthony.

0 naujų pranešimų