YAAP Siti-Wiz-Elf-Fem-Cha (Pacifist Extinctionist Wishless Genoless Survivor)

Ben Hiles

Jan 6, 2003, 2:29:42 PM1/6/03
CHAIRMAN: What was your position?
CICCI: Well at first like everyone else I, I was a soldier.
CHAIRMAN: What is that?
CICCI: A button you know SENATOR, come on.
CHAIRMAN: No I don't know. Tell me.
CICCI: Well -- when the boss says push a button on I guy -- I push a
button. See SENATOR.
QUESTADT: You mean you kill people.
CICCI: I what?
QUESTADT: You kill people at the -- uh -- at the behest of your
superiors?
[CICCI's lawyer tells him to say yes.]
CICCI: Yea -- that's right Counselor.
NICKY: (Voice-over) Got a lot of holes in the desert, and a lot of
problems are buried in those holes. Except you gotta do it right. I
mean, you gotta have the hole already dug before you show up with a
package in the trunk. Otherwise you're talkin' about a half-hour or
forty-five minutes of diggin'. And who knows who's gonna be comin'
along in that time? Before you know it, you gotta dig a few more
holes. You could be there all fuckin' night.
TONY: So, over the next couple of years, more and more, I'm gonna be
givin' my orders through you. And then finally, only through you.

Siti the Pacifist Extinctionist

There was a lot of blood, but none of it is on my hands. Just because
everything around me managed to die, that doesn't mean I'm guilty.

I started the game with a risky move. I had a ring of polymorph, and
I put it on. After a few transformation I turned into a red dragon.
A trio of quickly growing baby red dragons makes the early game rather
easy. I made it to minetown, and for some reason I couldn't find any
shopkeepers (except for Izchack of course). I then did sokoban
without much difficulty. At this point I still didn't have a magic
whistle (a big problem for a pacifist), so I polypiled all of the
spare tools I had until I received one. A meeting with an incubus
prepared me for the quest which wasn't very difficult.

By this point I was going though pets rather quickly - I would charm
any powerful monster I encountered, but they died quickly. I needed
an Archon, but I didn't want to wish for one. I traveled down to
level 22 - the first level Archons will appear on for a 30th level
character. I had to summon monsters for a while, but eventually my
friend Christopher showed up, and I talked him into working for me.
We went to Fort Ludios and picked up some shiny new armor that looked
really nice on Christopher. I changed into a nymph to remove the
dreck he had picked up (BTW, how does the RNG calculate whether or not
a steal attack is successful? - it seems to be almost impossible for a
high level Archon).

We then went to level 1 which I dug out and lit. As a storm giant I
built a fort in a nice corner. I then cast create monster a few
times, read a couple cursed scrolls, and broke a wand or two.
Christopher killed everything as quickly as I created them. Every now
and then I would leave my fort to pick up spare scrolls and potions.
After appropriate alchemy and polypiling Christopher was level 49. I
would reverse genocide yellow dragons and tame them to take care of
the cockatrices and Christopher took care of the rest.

My biggest mistake was that I wasn't careful with my stash. Due to a
combination of giants and gelatinous cubes my chest disappeared -
destroying all of my spellbooks. I had cleared out everything above
the Valley of the Dead, so I wasn't going to find many more. I had to
break atheism to get more spellbooks - it didn't matter which ones I
received since I had an excess of magic markers from 360 unicorn
horns. After this I kept my books in my bag.

Eventually my methods for creating monsters failed, and I traveled
down. Every other level I would build a new fort and let Christopher
do his thing. When I reached Gehennom the Liches were a pain. I had to
hide behind boulders so that they wouldn't cast summon nasties. They
liked digging through the floor, so I had to chase after them. I then
had to build a fort before the level was too full.

Eventually my work was done and I couldn't create any new monsters. I
didn't bother reverse genociding non-random monsters. A blood thirsty
Archon made it difficult to wait for the lawful demons or Demogorgon.
The Sanctum and the Astral Plane were weird since they weren't full of
ants.

All in all, this really wasn't harder than a regular Pacifist
ascension - only longer.

Despite the fact that every monster in the dungeon is dead I never
found a magic lamp. Despite the fact that I polypiled more armor
than I care to think about I never found a helm of brilliance.

Siti the Mage St:25 Dx:18 Co:16 In:20 Wi:20 Ch:19 Chaotic
Astral Plane $:0 HP:1445(1445) Pw:1636(1742) AC:-36 Xp:30/105950464
T:259423

Your inventory
Weapons
b - the blessed rustproof -2 Magicbane (weapon in hand)
Armor
c - a blessed greased fireproof +6 T-shirt (being worn)
d - a blessed greased +7 black dragon scale mail (being worn)
e - a blessed greased fireproof +5 robe (being worn)
f - a blessed greased rustproof +5 pair of gauntlets of power (being
worn)
g - a blessed greased rustproof +5 cornuthaum (being worn)
h - a blessed greased fireproof +5 pair of speed boots (being worn)
i - a blessed greased fireproof +5 pair of water walking boots
Spellbooks
R - the blessed Book of the Dead
Amulets
C - the blessed Eye of the Aethiopica (being worn)
G - a blessed amulet of life saving
Rings
E - a blessed ring of slow digestion
H - a blessed ring of levitation
J - a blessed ring of free action (on right hand)
Tools
l - a blessed greased bag of holding
p - a blessed crystal ball (4:4)
s - a blessed stethoscope
u - the blessed Bell of Opening (0:2)
w - a blessed magic whistle
x - a blessed towel
z - a blessed +0 unicorn horn
L - a blessed lock pick
S - the blessed Candelabrum of Invocation
Gems
y - a blessed luckstone

Contents of the bag of holding:
the rustproof +7 Vorpal Blade \\ A knight on the astral plane had
it - that could have been ugly
a wand of probing (5:5)
2 blessed scrolls of enchant armor
a blessed magic marker (1:65) \\ At one point I had a dozen
markers, but I wrote books with
them
an uncursed spellbook of dig
a blessed +0 pick-axe
an uncursed spellbook of protection
an uncursed potion of gain energy
a blessed spellbook of cone of cold
a cursed spellbook of extra healing
an uncursed amulet of life saving
an uncursed spellbook of remove curse
an uncursed amulet of life saving
an uncursed amulet of life saving
a blessed can of grease (2:5)
an uncursed spellbook of magic mapping
a blessed spellbook of identify
a blessed ring of regeneration
a blessed ring of polymorph control
a blessed ring of slow digestion
a blessed ring of slow digestion
a blessed ring of regeneration
a blessed amulet of life saving
a blessed amulet of life saving
a blessed ring of polymorph control
a blessed spellbook of drain life
22 potions of holy water
21 potions of unholy water
a blessed amulet of life saving
a blessed spellbook of polymorph
a blessed spellbook of detect monsters
a cursed ring of polymorph
a blessed spellbook of create monster
an uncursed spellbook of remove curse
an uncursed amulet of life saving
a blessed magic marker (1:44)
a blessed spellbook of charm monster
a blessed spellbook of extra healing
a blessed spellbook of detect monsters
a blessed wand of enlightenment (2:9)
a blessed amulet of life saving
an uncursed ring of regeneration
10 blessed scrolls of charging
6 blessed lembas wafers
a blessed amulet of life saving

Final Attributes
You were the Glory of Arioch.
You were piously aligned.
You were fire resistant.
You were cold resistant.
You were sleep resistant.
You were disintegration-resistant.
You were shock resistant.
You were poison resistant.
You were magic-protected.
You saw invisible.
You were telepathic.
You were warned.
You were clairvoyant.
You had infravision.
You were invisible to others.
You could teleport.
You had teleport control.
You were protected.
You were very fast.
You had free action.
You were extremely lucky.
You had extra luck.
Good luck did not time out for you.
You survived.

Vanquished creatures
Asmodeus
Baalzebub
Orcus
Yeenoghu
Juiblex
The Wizard of Yendor (8 times)
Death (4 times) \\ I lured them over to the altar so that
Pestilence (5 times) they were dead when I ascended, but I
Famine (8 times) didn't bother killing them more times
134 arch-liches
4 high priests
121 mastodons
Medusa
Croesus
17 krakens
119 Archons \\ Good ol' Christopher made it out with me
139 iron golems
134 master liches
120 ki-rin
120 storm giants
120 titans
123 glass golems
120 balrogs
151 purple worms
121 gray dragons
120 silver dragons
148 red dragons
119 white dragons \\ Stupid polymorph trap
122 orange dragons
149 black dragons
121 blue dragons
164 green dragons
133 yellow dragons
66 minotaurs
161 jabberwocks
The Dark One
161 baluchitheria
121 Angels
113 demiliches
Vlad the Impaler
122 stone golems
161 master mind flayers
255 Olog-hai
9 Nazguls
121 pit fiends
119 sandestins
122 hell hounds
119 titanotheres
120 trappers
120 baby gray dragons
120 baby silver dragons
120 baby red dragons
120 baby white dragons
119 baby orange dragons
119 baby black dragons
120 baby blue dragons
123 baby green dragons
112 baby yellow dragons
123 guardian nagas
126 disenchanters
161 vampire lords
6 skeletons
11 shopkeepers
4 guards
2 prisoners
The Oracle
41 aligned priests
158 captains
6 shades
115 liches
a water troll
121 clay golems
120 nurses
120 ice devils
120 nalfeshnees
123 lurkers above
120 Aleaxes
122 frost giants
152 ettins
120 golden nagas
255 black puddings
114 vampires
119 lieutenants
a watch captain
48 ghosts
a cavewoman
2 knights
a ranger
2 rogues
2 wizards
2 queen bees
147 winged gargoyles
120 mind flayers
120 giant mimics
149 zruties
161 fire giants
161 ogre kings
255 ice trolls
255 rock trolls
161 umber hulks
120 flesh golems
164 Elvenkings
120 doppelgangers
119 hezrous
121 bone devils
120 large mimics
121 wumpuses
120 fire vortices
120 baby long worms
120 baby purple worms
121 long worms
153 couatls
150 stalkers
122 air elementals
156 fire elementals
123 earth elementals
121 water elementals
120 hill giants
120 giant mummies
120 black nagas
160 xorns
122 giant zombies
150 elf-lords
115 sergeants
21 barbed devils
121 vrocks
116 salamanders
123 wargs
120 winter wolves
120 hell hound pups
121 small mimics
122 glass piercers
119 warhorses
120 steam vortices
159 xans
121 ettin mummies
118 ogre lords
121 quantum mechanics
246 trolls
121 sasquatches
121 wood golems
3 erinyes
121 mariliths
3 djinn
11 sharks
9 electric eels
114 gelatinous cubes
121 pyrolisks
120 large dogs
120 freezing spheres
122 flaming spheres
120 shocking spheres
122 large cats
121 tigers
121 gargoyles
124 dwarf kings
120 tengu
152 ochre jellies
158 leocrottas
122 energy vortices
120 mountain centaurs
120 stone giants
121 elf mummies
120 human mummies
120 red nagas
136 green slimes
122 pit vipers
120 pythons
120 cobras
136 wraiths
156 carnivorous apes
123 ettin zombies
121 leather golems
118 Grey-elves
120 soldiers
4 watchmen
15 horned devils
122 succubi
121 incubi
123 chameleons
122 crocodiles
120 giant beetles
119 quivering blobs
127 cockatrices
118 wolves
122 winter wolf cubs
120 lynxes
122 panthers
222 gremlins
120 spotted jellies
118 leprechauns
120 orc-captains
122 iron piercers
121 mumakil
121 giant spiders
120 scorpions
120 horses
123 ice vortices
122 black lights
125 vampire bats
120 forest centaurs
120 gnome kings
121 orc mummies
120 dwarf mummies
119 ogres
248 brown puddings
120 rust monsters
159 owlbears
121 yetis
121 gold golems
120 werewolves
116 Green-elves
6 piranhas
27 giant eels
120 lizards
8 apprentices
111 chickatrices
120 dogs
122 dingos
121 housecats
119 jaguars
117 dwarf lords
121 blue jellies
120 white unicorns
120 gray unicorns
121 black unicorns
119 dust vortices
117 ravens
121 plains centaurs
120 gnome mummies
120 snakes
120 apes
120 human zombies
120 rope golems
121 Woodland-elves
124 soldier ants
123 fire ants
121 bugbears
120 imps
120 lemures
120 quasits
120 wood nymphs
120 water nymphs
119 mountain nymphs
127 Mordor orcs
119 Uruk-hai
120 orc shamans
120 rock piercers
120 rock moles
a woodchuck \\ Lowest single kill
120 ponies
120 fog clouds
120 yellow lights
120 shriekers
120 violet fungi
119 gnome lords
119 gnomish wizards
120 kobold mummies
120 red naga hatchlings
121 black naga hatchlings
122 golden naga hatchlings
120 guardian naga hatchlings
120 gray oozes
120 barrow wights
122 elf zombies
119 ghouls
122 straw golems
122 paper golems
9 jellyfish \\ lowest non-extinct
123 baby crocodiles
120 giant ants
122 little dogs
123 floating eyes
120 kittens
120 dwarves
122 homunculi
122 kobold lords
119 kobold shamans
117 hill orcs
121 rothes
120 rabid rats
121 centipedes
121 giant bats
120 monkeys
123 orc zombies
121 dwarf zombies
119 wererats
120 werejackals
122 iguanas
133 killer bees
120 acid blobs
121 coyotes
121 gas spores
122 hobbits
123 manes
121 large kobolds
122 hobgoblins
122 giant rats
120 cave spiders
121 brown molds
120 yellow molds
121 green molds
121 red molds
124 gnomes
126 garter snakes
120 gnome zombies
120 geckos
124 jackals
120 foxes
120 kobolds
120 goblins
122 sewer rats
121 grid bugs
122 bats
123 lichens
122 kobold zombies
121 newts

35073 creatures vanquished.

Voluntary challenges
You were a pacifist.
You never genocided any monsters.
You used no wishes.

\\ Still haven't been able to keep 'never hit with a wielded weapon'
- a pick-ax accident of course

Goodbye Siti the Demigoddess...
You and the invisible Christopher
went to your reward with 96142 points,
Magicbane (worth 3500 zorkmids and 8750 points)
Vorpal Blade (worth 4000 zorkmids and 10000 points)
The Bell of Opening (worth 5000 zorkmids and 12500 points)
The Eye of the Aethiopica (worth 4000 zorkmids and 10000 points)
The Book of the Dead (worth 10000 zorkmids and 25000 points)
The Candelabrum of Invocation (worth 5000 zorkmids and 12500 points)
10 amulets of life saving (worth 1500 zorkmids),
and 0 pieces of gold, after 259423 moves.
You were level 30 with a maximum of 1445 hit points when you ascended.

You reached the 18th place on the top 100 list.
No Points Name
Hp [max]
1 8305435 Sam-Wiz-Hum-Mal-Neu ascended to demigod-hood.
642 [642]
2 6737344 Quinn-Val-Hum-Fem-Law ascended to demigoddess-hood.
301 [422]
3 5810460 Ex-Arc-Dwa-Mal-Law ascended to demigod-hood.
412 [412]

16 226600 Rice-Kni-Hum-Mal-Law died in The Dungeons of Doom on
level 27. Killed by a silver dragon.
- [127]
17 118932 Elayne-Val-Hum-Fem-Law turned to stone in The
Dungeons of Doom on level 11 [max 13]. Petrified by
a chickatrice
134 [134]
18 96142 Siti-Wiz-Elf-Fem-Cha ascended to demigoddess-hood.
1445 [1445]

--
Ben Hiles
Graduate Student

Rubinstein

Jan 6, 2003, 3:20:47 PM1/6/03
bp...@cornell.edu (Ben Hiles) wrote:

> Siti the Pacifist Extinctionist

Congratulations! Very impressive...

I'm still working on my 1. ascension (this year, I'm pretty sure) but a
pacifist ascension is somthing I'm dreaming of in the long run. Ascension
deluxe! ;-)
But your one, wishless, genocideless is far beyond my imagination. How did
you deal with arch liches and their summoning storms? Is it all about your
strong pet Christopher and building boulder forts? Or is there something
else I'm not yet aware of?

> c - a blessed greased fireproof +6 T-shirt (being worn)
> d - a blessed greased +7 black dragon scale mail (being worn)

No further comment on this? Enchantment by accident?

--
Rubinstein

Ben Hiles

Jan 7, 2003, 1:29:07 AM1/7/03
On Mon, 06 Jan 2003 21:20:47 +0100, Rubinstein wrote:
>bp...@cornell.edu (Ben Hiles) wrote:
>
>> Siti the Pacifist Extinctionist
>
>Congratulations! Very impressive...

Thank you.

>I'm still working on my 1. ascension (this year, I'm pretty sure) but a
>pacifist ascension is somthing I'm dreaming of in the long run. Ascension
>deluxe! ;-)
>But your one, wishless, genocideless is far beyond my imagination. How did
>you deal with arch liches and their summoning storms? Is it all about your
>strong pet Christopher and building boulder forts? Or is there something
>else I'm not yet aware of?

If a lich can't see you he can't invite his friends to the party.
So, if you stand on the up staircase surrounded by boulders, the poor
thing is a sitting duck.

>> c - a blessed greased fireproof +6 T-shirt (being worn)
>> d - a blessed greased +7 black dragon scale mail (being worn)
>
>No further comment on this? Enchantment by accident?

Since I had more scrolls than I knew what to do with and more armor
than you can shake a stick at I started over-enchanting stuff.
However, that grew boring rather quickly. I did give my Archon a +10
long sword at one point, but he traded it in for a piece of scrap
metal so I gave him Demonbane back.

Yeti Pino

Jan 7, 2003, 4:47:47 AM1/7/03
Ben Hiles wrote:
> Siti the Pacifist Extinctionist

Impressive!

I was also planning to ascend a pacifist extinctionist, but as I
wouldn't be the first I can fortunately skip all that work!

I assume you have ascended a pacifist before? Else you might have
used YAFPEAP (and skip the YA part if no one before you had done this).

How come your Archon didn't get a higher level than 49? Is there a
maximum? You must have found more potions of gain level than that.

It doesn't sound funny to me, waiting for Demogorgon to appear while
hoping your pet doesn't kill the summoning uniques before that happens.

yeti

lmfback

Jan 7, 2003, 5:16:26 AM1/7/03
In article <slrnb1jm3...@kybele.psych.cornell.edu>, bph7
@cornell.edu says...

> Siti the Pacifist Extinctionist

Wow. Nah, WOW! Maybe not so much the conducts but the boooooooredom.
After all, a pacifist is a pacifist after a certain point and an
extinctionist is just that. A boredoom excercise few people want to do
twice. And the other conducts just make it take a little longer.

But congratulations are certainly in order!

<goes away to scratch pacifist extinctionist off his todo list>

> There was a lot of blood, but none of it is on my hands. Just because
> everything around me managed to die, that doesn't mean I'm guilty.

A trial was a novel way to start the story :-)

260000 moves... I bet some day we'll see a <10000 turns pacifist.
Yikes.

Eskimo

--
//------------------------------
//Remove absolutelynospam to mail directly.

Rubinstein

Jan 7, 2003, 5:24:26 AM1/7/03
bp...@cornell.edu (Ben Hiles) wrote:

> On Mon, 06 Jan 2003 21:20:47 +0100, Rubinstein wrote:

>>But your one, wishless, genocideless is far beyond my imagination. How
>>did you deal with arch liches and their summoning storms? Is it all
>>about your strong pet Christopher and building boulder forts? Or is
>>there something else I'm not yet aware of?

> If a lich can't see you he can't invite his friends to the party. So, if
> you stand on the up staircase surrounded by boulders, the poor thing is
> a sitting duck.

"Can't see" you surely mean by 'normal' vision? As I could see again in my
current game, they seem to have telepathy or infravision: When I arrived
on castle level I checked per detect monster spell and saw 2 liches (arch
and demi) behind the bridge. 2 or 3 moves later they popped out in front
of me. Up to this time my strongest spell was force bolt and IIRC they are
pretty immune against any kind of magic anyway. I managed to fight my way
back to medusas's level, crossed the water to the upstairs, they followed
and covered the whole left side with monsters. I went upstairs, recovered,
went down again and read a blessed scroll of earth. Since I was surrounded
with monsters, that even did not build a proper fort. Some giants may have
a headache now, but nothing else happened. Building a fort seems to late
if already surrounded.

After some very close moments I decided to retreat and coming back later
with a hopefully better equipment. I got frosty and magic missile spell
meanwhile, but no chance to kill them. This time I even did not manage to
flee upstairs, I had to zap down directly to the castle, leaving them
alone on medusa's level. So one of my first wishes from the castle wand
will be (once more again) some magic markers and then bye bye Ls.

I really don't like genociding, but if I only had an idea, how to fight
them! They can teleport on non-teleport levels and even if I lure them
upstairs, I can't fight them to death cause they always teleport away for
recovering. In an earlier attempt to get rid of them (as described above,
on medusa's level) I went downstairs wielding a cockatrice. Only to see
that none of them appeared just in front of me but a green slime, from
which I've learned the lesson, that slimes seem to be stoning resistant
(fortunately I checked prayer timeout before). This leaves me entirely
clueless how to deal with arch liches without genociding or stoning them.

--
Rubinstein

Harold Hill

Jan 7, 2003, 9:59:01 AM1/7/03
> 35073 creatures vanquished.
>
> Voluntary challenges
> You were a pacifist.
> You never genocided any monsters.
> You used no wishes.

Congratulations. That is a very impressive combination.

-Harold Hill

David Ploog

Jan 7, 2003, 10:28:45 AM1/7/03
Rubinstein <picom...@t-online.de> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
pan.2003.01.07....@lasker.fqdn.th-h.de...

> bp...@cornell.edu (Ben Hiles) wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 06 Jan 2003 21:20:47 +0100, Rubinstein wrote:
>
> >>But your one, wishless, genocideless is far beyond my imagination.

A pacifist extinctionist really beats it all! ;)

> > If a lich can't see you he can't invite his friends to the party. So, if
> > you stand on the up staircase surrounded by boulders, the poor thing is
> > a sitting duck.
>
> "Can't see" you surely mean by 'normal' vision? As I could see again in my
> current game, they seem to have telepathy or infravision: When I arrived
> on castle level I checked per detect monster spell and saw 2 liches (arch
> and demi) behind the bridge. 2 or 3 moves later they popped out in front
> of me.

I my game they didn't pop up next to me but I knew they were
there because of my "ESP, and everytime I cross that level
(and I did so about half a dozen times) they zap spells of
aggravate monster and so on.
So what about that?

Ben Hiles

Jan 7, 2003, 11:39:27 AM1/7/03
On Tue, 07 Jan 2003 11:24:26 +0100, Rubinstein wrote:
>bp...@cornell.edu (Ben Hiles) wrote:
>> If a lich can't see you he can't invite his friends to the party. So, if
>> you stand on the up staircase surrounded by boulders, the poor thing is
>> a sitting duck.
>
>"Can't see" you surely mean by 'normal' vision? As I could see again in my
>current game, they seem to have telepathy or infravision:

Yes. The same restriction applies to you. Try casting cone of cold
(at skilled level) on a monster that you know is there but can't see
with normal vision.

>When I arrived
>on castle level I checked per detect monster spell and saw 2 liches (arch
>and demi) behind the bridge. 2 or 3 moves later they popped out in front
>of me. Up to this time my strongest spell was force bolt and IIRC they are
>pretty immune against any kind of magic anyway.

What weapons do you have? I always whack them to death (but then I
don't use the attack spells much to begin with) before they start
summoning.

>I managed to fight my way
>back to medusas's level, crossed the water to the upstairs, they followed
>and covered the whole left side with monsters. I went upstairs, recovered,
>went down again and read a blessed scroll of earth. Since I was surrounded
>with monsters, that even did not build a proper fort. Some giants may have
>a headache now, but nothing else happened. Building a fort seems to late
>if already surrounded.

First of all, the fort won't help if you don't have a pet that can
kill everything on the outside. Second you need to block the
upstairs. Otherwise the pet will hit a lich and then it will run away
to heal.

You can make a fort when you are surrounded, but it is harder. You
need to teleport any monsters around you and then read the scroll of
earth. This may take a few scrolls to completely fill in the area
(i.e. teleport one monster away and then read the scroll). You can
leave liches around you, they will teleport away after you hit them.

>After some very close moments I decided to retreat and coming back later
>with a hopefully better equipment. I got frosty and magic missile spell
>meanwhile, but no chance to kill them. This time I even did not manage to
>flee upstairs, I had to zap down directly to the castle, leaving them
>alone on medusa's level. So one of my first wishes from the castle wand
>will be (once more again) some magic markers and then bye bye Ls.

Did you use conflict? Did you get a cockatrice corpse and start
swinging? Did you start charming the monsters around you?

>I really don't like genociding, but if I only had an idea, how to fight
>them! They can teleport on non-teleport levels and even if I lure them
>upstairs, I can't fight them to death cause they always teleport away for
>recovering.

You need to stand on the upstair so that they can't teleport away.

Ben Hiles

Jan 7, 2003, 11:45:42 AM1/7/03
On Tue, 07 Jan 2003 10:47:47 +0100, Yeti Pino wrote:
>Ben Hiles wrote:
>> Siti the Pacifist Extinctionist
>
>Impressive!

Thank you.

>I was also planning to ascend a pacifist extinctionist, but as I
>wouldn't be the first I can fortunately skip all that work!
>
>I assume you have ascended a pacifist before? Else you might have
>used YAFPEAP (and skip the YA part if no one before you had done this).

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=slrnao24fg.b1n6.bph7%40aglaope.
psych.cornell.edu&rnum=1 (recombine)
or
http://makeashorterlink.com/?T2F051FF2

>How come your Archon didn't get a higher level than 49? Is there a
>maximum? You must have found more potions of gain level than that.

Yes, 49 is the maximum.

Rubinstein

Jan 7, 2003, 1:00:47 PM1/7/03
bp...@cornell.edu (Ben Hiles) wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Jan 2003 11:24:26 +0100, Rubinstein wrote:

>> Up to this time my strongest spell was force bolt and IIRC they are
>> pretty immune against any kind of magic anyway.

> What weapons do you have? I always whack them to death (but then I
> don't use the attack spells much to begin with) before they start
> summoning.

When I first entered the castle level I had +2 magicbane only and force
bolt was my only attack spell. This is my weakest wizard for a long time,
so this one I wouldn't count as 'typical' at Xl 16. Meanwhile I've got
magic missiles and +4 frost brand. I will try to enchant it to +7 as soon
as possible but aren't arch liches cold resistant? I'm not sure whether
strenght is important then for pure damage count. Since my wizard is an
elf he his restricted to STR 18 (without GoP, which I don't have anyway).
Wielding Frosty instead of magicbane has the drawback of loosing any curse
protection, though.

>> Building a fort seems to late
>> if already surrounded.

> First of all, the fort won't help if you don't have a pet that can kill
> everything on the outside. Second you need to block the upstairs.
> Otherwise the pet will hit a lich and then it will run away to heal.

No more scrolls of earth, no magic marker.

> You can make a fort when you are surrounded, but it is harder. You need
> to teleport any monsters around you and then read the scroll of earth.
> This may take a few scrolls to completely fill in the area (i.e.
> teleport one monster away and then read the scroll).

Same as above.

> You can leave liches around you, they will teleport away after you hit
> them.

The last one is the point: Even if I block the upstairs, they teleport
away after I've hit them 2 or 3 times and come back when they are healed.
What do I miss here? When you talk about whacking them to death you must
have a weapon which is able to kill them with 2 or at least 3 hits, right?

>> After some very close moments I decided to retreat and coming back
>> later with a hopefully better equipment. I got frosty and magic missile
>> spell meanwhile, but no chance to kill them. This time I even did not
>> manage to flee upstairs, I had to zap down directly to the castle,
>> leaving them alone on medusa's level. So one of my first wishes from
>> the castle wand will be (once more again) some magic markers and then
>> bye bye Ls.

> Did you use conflict? Did you get a cockatrice corpse and start
> swinging? Did you start charming the monsters around you?

I didn't yet have conflict or charm monsters. My wizard is pretty limited
this time, as I already told you. My only attempt with a cockatrice corpse
I described in my posting before. No luck, only whacked a green slime.
Stupid. *g*

>> I really don't like genociding, but if I only had an idea, how to fight
>> them! They can teleport on non-teleport levels and even if I lure them
>> upstairs, I can't fight them to death cause they always teleport away
>> for recovering.

> You need to stand on the upstair so that they can't teleport away.

Once again: I seem to miss something here, cause this is what I can't see
in my current game: They teleport away even when I block the upstairs.

--
Rubinstein

Steveyo

Jan 7, 2003, 2:39:16 PM1/7/03
"Ben Hiles" wrote:
> 35073 creatures vanquished.
>
> Voluntary challenges
> You were a pacifist.
> You never genocided any monsters.
> You used no wishes.

Great job! Seriously sick, dude.

IMHO the most impressive part is avoiding accidentally killing a lichen or
newt while rounding a corner even once in that long game.

> 119 Archons
> ...\\ Good ol' Christopher made it out with me

Is pacifist/(complete) extinction possible? I'd guess not.

Creative use of a falling rock trap on Astral? Are there any?

Displacing the Archon would cause loss of pacifism, so you'd have to wait
till s/he randomly (1/20 chance?) steps there.

Hmmm....

Steveyo

Ben Hiles

Jan 7, 2003, 5:06:46 PM1/7/03
On Tue, 07 Jan 2003 19:00:47 +0100, Rubinstein wrote:
>bp...@cornell.edu (Ben Hiles) wrote:
>> You can leave liches around you, they will teleport away after you hit
>> them.
>
>The last one is the point: Even if I block the upstairs, they teleport
>away after I've hit them 2 or 3 times and come back when they are healed.
>What do I miss here? When you talk about whacking them to death you must
>have a weapon which is able to kill them with 2 or at least 3 hits, right?

Are you on the upstairs or the downstairs? If you are on the upstairs
when they teleport away they should end up next to you again. In an
ideal world you should have something that will kill them in 2 or
three rounds, but that isn't vital.

Ben Hiles

Jan 7, 2003, 5:21:56 PM1/7/03
On Tue, 07 Jan 2003 19:39:16 GMT, Steveyo wrote:
>"Ben Hiles" wrote:
>> 35073 creatures vanquished.
>>
>> Voluntary challenges
>> You were a pacifist.
>> You never genocided any monsters.
>> You used no wishes.
>
>Great job! Seriously sick, dude.

Thank you.

>IMHO the most impressive part is avoiding accidentally killing a lichen or
>newt while rounding a corner even once in that long game.

That is one of the reasons that I hid in a fort while I did most of my
summoning.

>> 119 Archons
>> ...\\ Good ol' Christopher made it out with me
>
>Is pacifist/(complete) extinction possible? I'd guess not.

You can let the riders kill your pet. This would probably require
level draining and striping him first.

>Creative use of a falling rock trap on Astral? Are there any?

There aren't any traps on Astral, but it wouldn't do enough damage.

Yeti Pino

Jan 7, 2003, 5:24:00 PM1/7/03
Rubinstein wrote:
>>You need to stand on the upstair so that they can't teleport away.
>

> Once again: I seem to miss something here, cause this is what I can't see
> in my current game: They teleport away even when I block the upstairs.

Make sure you and them are on the same dlvl with you on the upstairs.
Then they will come and stand next to you and you can easily kill them.
Else they will indeed teleport away and heal and come back etc etc

yeti

Rubinstein

Jan 7, 2003, 5:44:43 PM1/7/03
bp...@cornell.edu (Ben Hiles) wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Jan 2003 19:00:47 +0100, Rubinstein wrote:
>>bp...@cornell.edu (Ben Hiles) wrote:

>>> You can leave liches around you, they will teleport away after you hit
>>> them.

>> When you talk about whacking them to death you must have a weapon which

>> is able to kill them with 2 or at least 3 hits, right?

> Are you on the upstairs or the downstairs? If you are on the upstairs
> when they teleport away they should end up next to you again. In an
> ideal world you should have something that will kill them in 2 or three
> rounds, but that isn't vital.

I was on the upstairs (left side of medusa's level) where I missed
building a fort. The reason why they probably couldn't teleport next to me
could be the complete surrounding of monsters, which didn't leave a free
square for them. If one monster died, they usually appeared right there,
but after hitting them 2 or 3 times, they teleported away and another
monster filled that square immediately.

Later I tried to lure them (meanwhile they where two arch liches instead
of one arch and one demi lich) one level up and there to the upstairs
again. But with the lack of a decent weapon I didn't manage to kill them
before they created monsters around me and the same game began. More later
I found them back on medusa's island again.

Meanwhile I've got the castle wand (0:1 only, but I've some spare scrolls
of charging) and their time is running out very soon. There will be enough
time practicing with arch liches on later games, my current wizard seems a
bit to weak for that kind of hassle.

--
Rubinstein

Steveyo

Jan 7, 2003, 9:23:08 PM1/7/03
"Ben Hiles" wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Jan 2003 19:39:16 GMT, Steveyo wrote:
> >"Ben Hiles" wrote:
> >>
> >> 119 Archons
> >> ...\\ Good ol' Christopher made it out with me
> >
> >Is pacifist/(complete) extinction possible?
>
> You can let the riders kill your pet. This would probably require
> level draining and striping him first.

It depends on the definition of extinctionist. You left with all the riders
dead, that is, you ascended leaving behind you *nothing* left alive, which
is arguably more complete extinction than leaving riders alive.

--
Steveyo

Harold Hill

Jan 8, 2003, 8:14:50 AM1/8/03
> There aren't any traps on Astral, but it wouldn't do enough damage.

You could carry up land mines.

-Harold Hill