June Tournament has a first ascension trophy winner!

Shawn Moore

Jun 1, 2006, 2:58:14 AM6/1/06
And the award for first ascension goes to ... Eidolos! Yes, I won the
first ascension trophy in my own tournament. For details on the
tournament, hosted on nethack.alt.org, see
http://sartak.katron.org/nh/tourney/

Char: Wiz Hum Mal Neu
Turns: 14595 (~8000 better than my best)
Gametime: 4 hours, 3 minutes, 9 seconds (two hours better than my best)
Logged: 5 hours, 35 minutes into the tournament (it was my fourth game)

I had decided I was going to play wizards for a myriad reasons. The
early magic resistance was the dealbreaker. Though I love monks to
death, I need MR before I descend below Minetown and Sokoban. Monks are
up next. :)

There was an altar on one of the first few levels of the dungeon, I got
Magicbane fairly early. I normally go to Minetown first, but this time
I did Sokoban first. I can't remember why, perhaps it was because
Delphi was so high (dlvl 5 or 6). Grabbed a bag of holding (thank
goodness!). Went to Minetown; Izchak's had a blessed magic lamp. I
naturally wished for a +2 silver dragon scale mail. Then when I was
going down for the luckstone I ran into Nilisco's bones. Among other
things, he had two magic lamps. They were blessed and I got speed boots
and the Eyes of the Overworld (primarily for the astral vision, because
that kicks ass, and enlightenment, to identify my rings and amulets).
He also had +0 gauntlets of dexterity, lev boots, and a flute.

I decided there and then that I needed to go to the Castle as soon as
possible. That mekkis was already in the Castle while I was still
dillydalling on dlvl 10 or so really motivated me to descend. So I
ended up in the Castle at turn 8815. I used my famous drawbridge
techniques to clear it out pretty safely. I had no Elbereth so I used a
wand of cold to keep the eels at bay (though it was unnecessary: I had
a greased cloak and Magicbane for Elbereth). Made it to the wand, twas
(0:3). Grabbed 2 blessed scrolls of charging, helm of brilliance, a
magic marker, and a spellbook of identify.

Next step was to get the quest artifact. I was only level 12, ended up
eating a wraith corpse (straight out of the quest) then quaffing gain
level. The quest went by pretty uneventfully. After I did the quest I
wished for a spellbook of magic mapping for Gehennom. The wand became
(1:1).

I then did a small sacfest (four /oCM) to get crowned (I was lacking
some resistances) but to no avail. Oh well, I did max my luck out here.
I used another wish somewhere between here and the Sanctum. I think it
was for a second magic marker, but I can't say for sure.

Gehennom was fairly light. From the Valley I levelported to the VS,
mapped up to Vlad's, entered Rodney's tower, levelported *onto the book
of the dead* (using rast's port-in-tower trick), dispatched Rodney, and
dove into the Sanctum with three levelports: one to the VS, one into
the Sanctum (ended up close to the stairs up), and a second one into
the Sanctum by the temple.

In the temple I ended up wresting my wand of wishing (which took ages!)
for two cursed potions of gain level. One to escape the Sanctum, the
other to use in alchemy. I did my alchemy (going from ~98 HP to ~120,
not so great!) with the Amulet :)

The run up was annoying.. got hit with a dozen or so mysterious forces.
I had no intrinsic teleportitis, but I did have a ring of telecontrol.
I used most of my scrolls for levelporting, so I did a lot of walking
in Gehennom. I realized far too late that I could zap /oTele at myself
(perhaps for the better.. read on!)

I realized when I was on Earth that I had no reliable way of confusing
myself. I had blanked by ?oConfMon, and I obviously hadn't forgotten
any spells. My best bet would have been to curse a second unicorn horn,
but I only brought my main one. So I ended up cursing my ?oGD and
winging it. I used conflict on all five Planes (except Earth, I think).

Air was difficult. With such a low HP, air elementals would have
creamed me. Conflict helped but not as much as I would've liked. I used
a _lot_ of death and tele charges here. Someone threw a !oConf at me,
so I was able to use my one blessed scroll on Fire. I lucked out on
Water and practically walked into the portal.

Astral with 120 HP was quite unpleasant. Luckily I still had a fair
amount of death and tele charges. Annoyingly it was a three-altar run;
I was planning on wishing for a helm of opposite alignment but I had
already used my last wish. I've always used jumping on Astral (try it,
it works phenomenally), so having to walk through doors was pretty
frustrating.

Eidolos, neutral male human Wizard

---------
|.......|
------- |.......| -----
.......| |..%_...| |2.3 3
---------..-- -- |.......| --
--33---------
|.......|...-- -- | |.......| | --
--..4|.......|
|.....[.|.%%%---% [ |. ----%---- .|
---.5.5|.A.....|
|..._%.%$[%...-%%)% |.......%.....|
..A)@.A%..@...|5
---5..4|.A@....|
|.......|...-- --% % -- -----|----- -- % --
--...|.......|
---------..-- ----.---- - % -- ----|----
--..--------- 5
...| | ------ %% -------- | |...
----- | | $$ | | -----
------ -- -- -------
| -- -- |
--- ----%---- ---
| % |
-----------------

Eidolos the Enchanter St:18/03 Dx:22 Co:18 In:23 Wi:22 Ch:11 Neutral
S:458676
Astral Plane $:0 HP:86(120) Pw:261(261) AC:-35 Exp:16 T:14595 Satiated

Your inventory
Amulets
S - a cursed amulet of life saving
A - an uncursed amulet of life saving (being worn)
G - the blessed Eye of the Aethiopica
Weapons
E - the blessed rustproof +3 Magicbane (weapon in hand)
Armor
o - a blessed greased +5 cloak of magic resistance (being worn)
r - a blessed +4 Hawaiian shirt (being worn)
f - a blessed greased rustproof +5 helm of brilliance (being worn)
u - a blessed +5 pair of gauntlets of dexterity (being worn)
w - a blessed greased fireproof +4 pair of speed boots (being worn)
z - a blessed greased +4 silver dragon scale mail (being worn)
Comestibles
n - an uncursed lizard corpse
Scrolls
q - an uncursed scroll of teleportation
Rings
U - an uncursed ring of conflict (on left hand)
m - an uncursed ring of levitation
s - an uncursed ring of slow digestion
e - an uncursed ring of teleport control
Wands
j - a wand of cancellation (0:6)
M - a wand of death (3:0)
g - a wand of digging (0:7)
p - a wand of magic missile (0:2)
O - a wand of teleportation (0:0)
i - a cursed wand of teleportation (0:1)
Tools
b - a blessed greased bag of holding
H - the Bell of Opening (0:0)
t - an uncursed blindfold
T - the uncursed Candelabrum of Invocation (7 candles attached)
y - the blessed greased Eyes of the Overworld (being worn)
k - an uncursed lock pick
h - a +0 unicorn horn
Gems
V - a blessed luckstone

Contents of the bag of holding:
1022 gold pieces
the rustproof +0 Frost Brand
an uncursed +0 pair of levitation boots
an uncursed banana
an uncursed candy bar
an uncursed clove of garlic
an uncursed cream pie
an uncursed egg
10 uncursed food rations
3 cursed food rations
an uncursed fortune cookie
an uncursed lembas wafer
an uncursed lichen corpse
an uncursed lizard corpse
an uncursed pancake
an uncursed tin of dwarf meat
an uncursed tin of red naga meat
an uncursed tin of giant beetle meat
an uncursed tin of plains centaur meat
an uncursed tin of silver dragon meat
an uncursed tin of vampire bat meat
12 cursed scrolls of blank paper
an uncursed scroll of blank paper
17 blessed scrolls of blank paper
an uncursed scroll of create monster
an uncursed scroll of create monster
a blessed scroll of earth
3 cursed scrolls of enchant weapon
a blessed scroll of fire
2 cursed scrolls of remove curse
2 uncursed scrolls of remove curse
a blessed scroll of taming
an uncursed scroll of teleportation
a blessed spellbook of cone of cold
4 uncursed diluted potions of extra healing
an uncursed potion of booze
a blessed potion of acid
an uncursed potion of acid
2 uncursed potions of enlightenment
12 potions of holy water
an uncursed potion of speed
an uncursed potion of water
an uncursed ring of fire resistance
a cursed ring of aggravate monster
a blessed +2 ring of increase damage
an uncursed ring of see invisible
a wand of create monster (0:1)
a wand of digging (0:4)
a wand of digging (0:7)
a wand of fire (0:6)
a wand of fire (0:1)
a wand of light (0:10)
a wand of lightning (0:4)
a wand of lightning (0:5)
a wand of magic missile (0:7)
a wand of magic missile (0:4)
a wand of magic missile (0:3)
a wand of magic missile (0:1)
a wand of make invisible (0:7)
a wand of make invisible (0:7)
a wand of opening (0:7)
a wand of opening (0:4)
a wand of probing (0:4)
a wand of sleep (0:8)
a wand of speed monster (0:7)
a wand of speed monster (0:5)
a wand of striking (0:6)
a wand of striking (0:0)
a wand of striking (0:5)
a cursed wand of striking (0:0)
a wand of striking (0:4)
a can of grease (0:12)
a fire horn (0:2)
a greased fireproof magic marker (1:2)
a greased fireproof magic marker (1:3)
an uncursed magic whistle
a +0 pick-axe
a tinning kit (0:29)
a cursed wooden flute

Final attributes
You were piously aligned
You were fire resistant
You were cold resistant
You were sleep resistant
You were shock resistant
You were poison resistant
You were magic-protected
You were blinded
You saw invisible
You were warned
You caused conflict
You were protected
You were very fast
You had reflection
Your life would have been saved
You were extremely lucky (12)
You had extra luck
Good luck did not time out for you
You survived

Spells known in the end
Name Level Category Fail
a - force bolt 1 attack 0%
b - remove curse 3 clerical 0%
c - magic missile 2 attack 0%
d - confuse monster 2 enchantment 0%
e - charm monster 3 enchantment 0%
f - detect treasure 4 divination 0%
g - extra healing 3 healing 19%
h - teleport away 6 escape 94%
i - slow monster 2 enchantment 0%
j - sleep 1 enchantment 0%
k - light 1 divination 0%
l - identify 3 divination 0%
m - cure sickness 3 healing 19%
n - protection 1 clerical 0%
o - magic mapping 5 divination 0%
p - cone of cold 4 attack 0%
q - detect unseen 3 divination 0%
r - dig 5 matter 74%
s - restore ability 4 healing 51%
t - fireball 4 attack 0%

Vanquished creatures
Orcus
Juiblex
The Wizard of Yendor (4 times)
Death
Pestilence (twice)
Famine (thrice)
a high priest (4 created)
Medusa
The Dark One
Vlad the Impaler
a shopkeeper (10 created)
945 creatures vanquished.

Genocided or extinct species:
liches
demiliches
master liches
arch-liches
erinyes (extinct)
4 species genocided.
1 species extinct.

Voluntary challenges
You genocided 4 types of monsters
You never polymorphed an object
You never changed form
You used 10 wishes

Your skills at the end
Fighting Skills
(none)
Weapon Skills
dagger [Expert]
quarterstaff [Basic]
Spellcasting Skills
attack spells [Expert]
divination spells [Expert]
enchantment spells [Basic]
clerical spells [Basic]

Goodbye Eidolos the Demigod...
You went to your reward with 975152 points,
Frost Brand (worth 3000 zorkmids and 7500 points)
The Eyes of the Overworld (worth 2500 zorkmids and 6250 points)
Magicbane (worth 3500 zorkmids and 8750 points)
The Eye of the Aethiopica (worth 4000 zorkmids and 10000 points)
The Bell of Opening (worth 5000 zorkmids and 12500 points)
The Candelabrum of Invocation (worth 5000 zorkmids and 12500 points)
2 amulets of life saving (worth 300 zorkmids),
and 1022 pieces of gold, after 14595 moves.
Killer: ascended
You were level 16 with a maximum of 120 hit points when you ascended.

No Points Name
Hp [max]
1 2147483647 Zadir-Pri-Hum-Fem-Neu died on the Astral Plane.
Killed by overexertion.
4140 [4140]
2 2100989450 art-Wiz-Hum-Mal-Neu ascended to demigod-hood.
21799985 [21800000]
3 2025066518 Jove-Wiz-Hum-Mal-Cha ascended to demigod-hood.
1950 [1950]
4 2003016348 Babamus-Wiz-Hum-Mal-Cha ascended to demigod-hood.
14888 [14888]
5 1000878100 nailbunny-Wiz-Gno-Mal-Neu ascended to demigod-hood.
15369 [15369]
6 322934408 sleepy-Wiz-Hum-Mal-Cha ascended to demigod-hood.
600 [643]
7 321278354 YGingras-Wiz-Gno-Mal-Neu ascended to demigod-hood.
2588 [2588]
8 302560769 art-Tou-Hum-Mal-Neu ascended to demigod-hood.
20000 [20000]
9 253146702 art-Val-Hum-Fem-Neu ascended to demigoddess-hood.
17000 [17000]
10 212248571 art-Hea-Hum-Mal-Neu ascended to demigod-hood.
16015 [16015]
12 207602232 Eidolos-Wiz-Hum-Mal-Cha ascended to demigod-hood.
- [674589]
356 6085494 Eidolos-Ran-Hum-Mal-Neu ascended to demigod-hood.
191 [281]
389 5850324 Eidolos-Val-Hum-Mal-Neu ascended to demigod-hood.
274 [328]
954 4039306 Eidolos-Pri-Hum-Fem-Law ascended to demigoddess-hood.
187 [326]
1012 3908660 Eidolos-Bar-Orc-Mal-Cha ascended to demigod-hood.
216 [373]
1060 3821910 Eidolos-Mon-Hum-Mal-Cha ascended to demigod-hood.
311 [437]
1554 2841102 Eidolos-Hea-Gno-Mal-Neu ascended to demigod-hood.
115 [126]
1566 2813844 Eidolos-Mon-Hum-Mal-Law ascended to demigod-hood.
323 [376]
1684 2463600 Eidolos-Rog-Hum-Mal-Cha ascended to demigod-hood.
109 [258]
1694 2446196 Eidolos-Wiz-Hum-Mal-Neu ascended to demigod-hood.
147 [148]
1748 2319868 Eidolos-Mon-Hum-Mal-Neu ascended to demigod-hood.
378 [490]
1763 2259028 Eidolos-Mon-Hum-Mal-Neu ascended to demigod-hood.
36 [128]
1828 2092056 Eidolos-Sam-Hum-Mal-Law ascended to demigod-hood.
185 [247]
1907 1852144 Eidolos-Wiz-Elf-Mal-Cha ascended to demigod-hood.
264 [278]
1998 1621496 Roar-Val-Hum-Mal-Law turned to stone in Gehennom on
level 45. Petrified by a captain.
108 [254]
1999 1620828 mrivan-Mon-Hum-Fem-Neu ascended to demigoddess-hood.
217 [217]
2000 1618844 Violist-Mon-Hum-Mal-Cha died on the Astral Plane.
Killed by Famine, while helpless (with the Amulet).
- [248]
975152 Eidolos-Wiz-Hum-Mal-Neu ascended to demigod-hood.
86 [120]