Eating Spoiler (table of intrinsics)

tomandcatherine

Mar 22, 2003, 6:45:29 PM3/22/03
Apologies in advance for the extremely long line length.
It's rather necessary to make the table at all readable :)
The spoiler is, in essence, a big table with all the monsters in
the game, the intrinsics they confer, and the chances to get a
given intrinsic from a given corpse. I find it highly useful :)

Feel free to put this up on any spoiler websites you may run...
and let me know if you like it :)

-Tom

======================================

Eating Corpses For Food And Intrinsics (Nethack 3.4.1)
by Catherine Darrow (catherine[AT]tomandcatherine[DOT]com)
last updated 2003-03-22

---------------------------------------

This spoiler is designed to be used for quick reference.

The chances of receiving an intrinsic (e.g., poison: 33.33%) imply that eating
the corpse has that chance of conferring the intrinsic (i.e., corpses that can
give multiple intrisics have already had that accounted for). If you already
have one of the possible intrinsics from a corpse, the others do not become
more likely. You will never gain more than one intrinsic from a corpse,
except in the case of giants giving strength. Chances are calculated from the
starting level of a monster (as listed in monst.c), and do not account for
level drains or potions of gain level. Higher level monsters are more likely
to give intrinsics.

Zombies and the like are listed as leaving no corpse, since technically a dwarf
zombie doesn't leave a dwarf zombie corpse, it leaves an old dwarf corpse.

The "Dangers" column lists only dangers in eating the corpse, and may not tell
you about dangers battling the particular monster.

--------------------------------------

Name Nutrition Dangers Chances
abbot 400 human hallucination
acid blob 10 acidic
acolyte 400 human
aligned priest 400 human
ape 500
apprentice 400 human
Arch Priest 400 human
archeologist 400 human
attendant 400 human
baby black dragon 500
baby blue dragon 500
baby crocodile 200
baby gray dragon 500
baby green dragon 500 poisonous
baby long worm 250
baby orange dragon 500
baby purple worm 250
baby red dragon 500
baby shimmering dragon 500
baby silver dragon 500
baby white dragon 500
baby yellow dragon 500 acidic
baluchitherium 800
barbarian 400 human
bat 20 stuns
beholder 10
black dragon 1500 disint: 100.00%
black naga 400 acidic poison: 53.33%
black naga hatchling 100 acidic poison: 20.00%
black pudding 250 acidic cold: 22.22% elec: 22.22% poison: 22.22%
black unicorn 300 poison: 26.67%
blue dragon 1500 elec: 100.00%
blue jelly 20 cold: 13.33% poison: 13.33%
brown mold 30 cold: 3.33% poison: 3.33%
brown pudding 250 acidic cold: 11.11% elec: 11.11% poison: 11.11%
bugbear 250
captain 400 human
carnivorous ape 550
cave spider 50 poison: 6.67%
caveman 400 human
cavewoman 400 human
centipede 50 poison: 13.33%
Cerberus 350 fire: 80.00%
chameleon 100 polymorph
chickatrice 10 petrifies poison: 26.67%
chieftain 400 human
Chromatic Dragon 1700 poisonous fire: 16.67% cold: 16.67% sleep: 16.67% ...
elec: 16.67% poison: 16.67% disint: 16.67%
cobra 100 poisonous poison: 40.00%
cockatrice 30 petrifies poison: 33.33%
coyote 250
crocodile 400
Croesus 400 human
Cyclops 700 gain strength: 100%
Death 1 FATAL Control: 100.00%
dingo 200
disenchanter 200
dog 200 aggrivate monster
doppelganger 400 polymorph human
dwarf 300 dwarf
dwarf king 300 dwarf
dwarf lord 300 dwarf
Earendil 350 human elf sleep: 100.00%
electric eel 250 elec: 46.67%
elf 350 elf sleep: 66.67%
elf-lord 350 elf sleep: 53.33%
Elvenking 350 elf sleep: 60.00%
Elwing 350 human elf sleep: 100.00%
ettin 500
Famine 1 FATAL Control: 100.00%
fire ant 10 fire: 20.00%
fire giant 750 fire: 60.00% gain strength: 100%
flesh golem 600 fire: 12.00% cold: 12.00% sleep: 12.00% ...
elec: 12.00% poison: 12.00%
floating eye 10 telepathy: 100%
forest centaur 600
fox 250
frost giant 750 cold: 66.67% gain strength: 100%
gargoyle 200
garter snake 60
gecko 20
gelatinous cube 150 acidic fire: 10.00% cold: 10.00% sleep: 10.00% ...
elec: 10.00%
giant 750 gain strength: 100%
giant ant 10
giant bat 30 stuns
giant beetle 10 poisonous poison: 33.33%
giant eel 250
giant mimic 500 mimic gold
giant rat 30
giant spider 100 poisonous poison: 33.33%
glass piercer 300
gnome 100 gnome
gnome king 150 gnome
gnome lord 120 gnome
gnomish wizard 120 gnome
goblin 100 orc
Goblin King 350 orc
golden naga 400 poison: 66.67%
golden naga hatchling 100 poison: 20.00%
Grand Master 400 human
gray dragon 1500
gray ooze 250 acidic fire: 6.67% cold: 6.67% poison: 6.67%
gray unicorn 300 poison: 26.67%
green dragon 1500 poisonous poison: 100.00%
green mold 30 acidic
green slime 150 slimes poisonous ...
acidic
Green-elf 350 elf sleep: 33.33%
gremlin 20 poisonous poison: 33.33%
Grey-elf 350 elf sleep: 40.00%
guard 400 human
guardian naga 400 poisonous poison: 80.00%
guardian naga hatchling 100 poison: 20.00%
guide 400 human
healer 400 human
hell hound 300 fire: 80.00%
hell hound pup 200 fire: 46.67%
high priest 400 human
High-elf 350 elf sleep: 33.33%
hill giant 700 gain strength: 100%
hill orc 200 orc
Hippocrates 400 human
hobbit 200
hobgoblin 200 orc
homunculus 100 poisonous sleep: 6.67% poison: 6.67%
horse 300
housecat 200 aggrivate monster
human 400 human
hunter 400 human
ice troll 300 cold: 60.00%
iguana 30
imp 10
iron piercer 300
Ixoth 1600 fire: 100.00%
jabberwock 600
jackal 250
jaguar 300
jellyfish 20 poisonous poison: 20.00%
Keystone Kop 200 human
killer bee 5 poisonous poison: 25.00%
King Arthur 400 human
kitten 150 aggrivate monster
knight 400 human
kobold 100 poisonous
kobold lord 200 poisonous
kobold shaman 150 poisonous
Kop Kaptain 200 human
Kop Lieutenant 200 human
Kop Sergeant 200 human
kraken 1000
large cat 250 aggrivate monster
large dog 250 aggrivate monster
large kobold 150 poisonous
large mimic 400 mimic gold
leocrotta 500
leprechaun 30 teleportitis teleportitis: 50.00%
lichen 200
lieutenant 400 human
little dog 150 aggrivate monster
lizard 40
long worm 500
Lord Carnarvon 400 human
Lord Sato 400 human
Lord Surtur 850 fire: 100.00% gain strength: 100%
lurker above 350
lynx 300
Master Assassin 400 human
Master Kaen 400 human poison: 100.00%
master mind flayer 400 gain intel: 100% if possible ...
otherwise telepathy: 100%
Master of Thieves 400 human
mastodon 800
Medusa 400 petrifies poisonous poison: 100.00%
mind flayer 400 gain intel: 100% if possible ...
otherwise telepathy: 100%
minotaur 700
monk 400 human
monkey 50
Mordor orc 200 orc
mountain centaur 500
mountain nymph 300 teleportitis teleportitis: 30.00%
mumak 500
neanderthal 400 human
Neferet the Green 400 human
newt 20
ninja 400 human
Norn 400 human
nurse 400 human poison: 73.33%
ochre jelly 20 acidic
ogre 500
ogre king 750
ogre lord 700
Olog-hai 400
Oracle 400 human
orange dragon 1500 sleep: 100.00%
orc 150 orc
orc shaman 300 orc
orc-captain 350 orc
Orion 400 human
owlbear 700
page 400 human
panther 300
Pelias 400 human
Pestilence 1 FATAL Control: 100.00%
piranha 30
pit viper 60 poisonous poison: 40.00%
plains centaur 500
pony 250
priest 400 human
priestess 400 human
prisoner 400 human
purple worm 700
pyrolisk 30 fire: 20.00% poison: 20.00%
python 100
quantum mechanic 20 teleportitis ... teleportitis: 70.00%
poisonous speed
quasit 200 poison: 20.00%
queen bee 5 poisonous poison: 60.00%
quivering blob 100 poison: 33.33%
rabid rat 5 poisonous
ranger 400 human
raven 20
red dragon 1500 fire: 100.00%
red mold 30 fire: 3.33% poison: 3.33%
red naga 400 fire: 20.00% poison: 20.00%
red naga hatchling 100 fire: 10.00% poison: 10.00%
rock mole 30
rock piercer 200
rock troll 300
rogue 400 human
roshi 400 human
rothe 100
rust monster 250
salamander 400 poisonous fire: 53.33%
samurai 400 human
sasquatch 750
scorpion 100 poisonous poison: 25.00%
Scorpius 350 poisonous poison: 100.00%
sergeant 400 human
sewer rat 12
Shaman Karnov 400 human
shark 350
shimmering dragon 1500
shopkeeper 400 human
shrieker 100 poison: 20.00%
silver dragon 1500
small mimic 200 mimic gold
snake 80 poisonous poison: 26.67%
soldier 400 human
soldier ant 5 poisonous poison: 20.00%
spotted jelly 20 acidic
stalker 400 invisibility stuns
stone giant 750 gain strength: 100%
storm giant 750 elec: 100.00% gain strength: 100%
student 400 human
tengu 200 teleportitis poison: 13.33% teleportitis: 20.00% ...
Control: 16.67%
thug 400 human
tiger 300
titan 900
titanothere 650
tourist 400 human
trapper 350
troll 350
Twoflower 400 human
umber hulk 500
Uruk-hai 300 orc
valkyrie 400 human
vampire bat 20 poisonous
violet fungus 100 hallucination poison: 20.00%
vorpal jabberwock 600
warg 350
warhorse 350
warrior 400 human
watch captain 400 human
watchman 400 human
water moccasin 80 poisonous poison: 26.67%
water nymph 300 teleportitis teleportitis: 30.00%
water troll 350
werejackal 400 lycanthrope ...
human poisonous
wererat 400 lycanthrope ...
human poisonous
werewolf 400 lycanthrope ...
human poisonous
white dragon 1500 cold: 100.00%
white unicorn 300 poison: 26.67%
winged gargoyle 300
winter wolf 300 cold: 46.67%
winter wolf cub 200 cold: 33.33%
wizard 400 human
Wizard of Yendor 400 human teleportitis fire: 25.00% poison: 25.00% ...
teleportitis: 25.00% Control: 25.00%
wolf 250
wood nymph 300 teleportitis teleportitis: 30.00%
woodchuck 30
Woodland-elf 350 elf sleep: 26.67%
wraith 0 zombie gain level: 100%
wumpus 500
xan 300 poisonous poison: 46.67%
xorn 700
yellow dragon 1500 acidic
yellow mold 30 poisonous ... poison: 6.67%
hallucination
yeti 700 cold: 33.33%
zruty 600
air elemental No corpse
Aleax No corpse
Angel No corpse
arch-lich No corpse
Archon No corpse
Ashikaga Takauji No corpse
Asmodeus No corpse
Baalzebub No corpse
balrog No corpse
barbed devil No corpse
barrow wight No corpse
black light No corpse
bone devil No corpse
Charon No corpse
clay golem No corpse
couatl No corpse
Dark One No corpse
demilich No corpse
Demogorgon No corpse
Dispater No corpse
djinni No corpse
dust vortex No corpse
dwarf mummy No corpse
dwarf zombie No corpse
earth elemental No corpse
elf mummy No corpse
elf zombie No corpse
energy vortex No corpse
erinys No corpse
ettin mummy No corpse
ettin zombie No corpse
fire elemental No corpse
fire vortex No corpse
flaming sphere No corpse
fog cloud No corpse
freezing sphere No corpse
gas spore No corpse
Geryon No corpse
ghost No corpse
ghoul No corpse
giant mummy No corpse
giant zombie No corpse
glass golem No corpse
gnome mummy No corpse
gnome zombie No corpse
gold golem No corpse
grid bug No corpse
hezrou No corpse
horned devil No corpse
human mummy No corpse
human zombie No corpse
ice devil No corpse
ice vortex No corpse
incubus No corpse
iron golem No corpse
Juiblex No corpse
ki-rin No corpse
kobold mummy No corpse
kobold zombie No corpse
leather golem No corpse
lemure No corpse
lich No corpse
long worm tail No corpse
mail daemon No corpse
manes No corpse
marilith No corpse
master lich No corpse
Minion of Huhetotl No corpse
nalfeshnee No corpse
Nalzok No corpse
Nazgul No corpse
orc mummy No corpse
orc zombie No corpse
Orcus No corpse
paper golem No corpse
pit fiend No corpse
rope golem No corpse
sandestin No corpse
shade No corpse
shocking sphere No corpse
skeleton No corpse
steam vortex No corpse
stone golem No corpse
straw golem No corpse
succubus No corpse
Thoth Amon No corpse
vampire No corpse
vampire lord No corpse
vampire mage No corpse
Vlad the Impaler No corpse
vrock No corpse
water demon No corpse
water elemental No corpse
wood golem No corpse
Yeenoghu No corpse
yellow light No corpse

Mike Stevenson

Mar 23, 2003, 2:14:05 PM3/23/03

>quantum mechanic ... teleportitis ... teleportitis: 70.00%

you sure about this? The ring intrinsic spoiler makes no mention of
this, and I was unable to gain the intrinsic in wizmode with about 10
tins.

Dylan O'Donnell

Mar 23, 2003, 3:29:13 PM3/23/03
Mike Stevenson <mj...@students.uwf.edu> writes:
[Attribution?]

The specific handling of the quantum mechanic's speed toggle
supersedes the general granting-intrinsic stuff (which _would_ allow Q
to confer teleportitis if they ever reached it); looks like this
fooled Catherine. (It fooled me, in the first edition of rint-330.txt.)

: "A bold choice, sir!" breathes the kiltmaker excitedly. "No man would dare :
: bandy words with a tall, smouldering Scotsman in a coruscating kilt of the :
: Black Tiger." -- Elizabeth Hawk's "Forever Always", by Iain Merrick :

tomandcatherine

Mar 23, 2003, 3:53:44 PM3/23/03

"Dylan O'Donnell" <psmit...@spod-central.org> wrote in message

> Mike Stevenson <mj...@students.uwf.edu> writes:
> [Attribution?]
> > >quantum mechanic ... teleportitis ... teleportitis: 70.00%
> >
> > you sure about this? The ring intrinsic spoiler makes no mention
of
> > this, and I was unable to gain the intrinsic in wizmode with about
10
> > tins.
>
> The specific handling of the quantum mechanic's speed toggle
> supersedes the general granting-intrinsic stuff (which _would_ allow
> to confer teleportitis if they ever reached it); looks like this
> fooled Catherine. (It fooled me, in the first edition of
rint-330.txt.)

Ahhh... she wrote a script to generate the spoiler (it's not done by
hand), so it's possible not all of the special cases are handled
correctly. Are there any others you know about? Those can be
modified as appropriate...

Roger Broadbent

Mar 23, 2003, 4:04:49 PM3/23/03
"tomandcatherine" <tomandc...@attbi.com> wrote in

> Apologies in advance for the extremely long line length.
> It's rather necessary to make the table at all readable :)

Why not use a key; a for acidic, h for human etc. This should cut down the
line length considerably.

> The spoiler is, in essence, a big table with all the monsters in
> the game, the intrinsics they confer, and the chances to get a
> given intrinsic from a given corpse. I find it highly useful :)
>
> Feel free to put this up on any spoiler websites you may run...
> and let me know if you like it :)

Nice work!

Roger

Dylan O'Donnell

Mar 23, 2003, 4:57:35 PM3/23/03
"tomandcatherine" <tomandc...@attbi.com> writes:
> "Dylan O'Donnell" <psmit...@spod-central.org> wrote in message
> >
> > The specific handling of the quantum mechanic's speed toggle
> > supersedes the general granting-intrinsic stuff (which _would_
> > allow Q to confer teleportitis if they ever reached it); looks
> > like this fooled Catherine. (It fooled me, in the first edition of
> > rint-330.txt.)
>
> Ahhh... she wrote a script to generate the spoiler (it's not done by
> hand), so it's possible not all of the special cases are handled
> correctly. Are there any others you know about? Those can be
> modified as appropriate...

That's the only gotcha of that particular type in the code. I admit to
not having checked it thoroughly, though :-)

(I note that the rubric still suggests that gain level / draining
affects the chances of intrinsics; it doesn't. Chances are calculated
from the monster type's base level, not from the level the individual
monster happened to be at when it died.)

Yoshi348

Mar 24, 2003, 12:19:23 AM3/24/03

"tomandcatherine" <tomandc...@attbi.com> wrote in message

> Apologies in advance for the extremely long line length.
> It's rather necessary to make the table at all readable :)
> The spoiler is, in essence, a big table with all the monsters in
> the game, the intrinsics they confer, and the chances to get a
> given intrinsic from a given corpse. I find it highly useful :)

Why'd you put orc in the danger column? Orcs don't care about
canabalism (sp?).

Kate Nepveu

Mar 24, 2003, 7:51:45 PM3/24/03
psmit...@spod-central.org (Dylan O'Donnell) wrote:
>Mike Stevenson <mj...@students.uwf.edu> writes:
>[Attribution?]

>> >quantum mechanic ... teleportitis ... teleportitis: 70.00%

>> you sure about this? The ring intrinsic spoiler makes no mention of
>> this, and I was unable to gain the intrinsic in wizmode with about 10
>> tins.

>The specific handling of the quantum mechanic's speed toggle
>supersedes the general granting-intrinsic stuff (which _would_ allow Q
>to confer teleportitis if they ever reached it); looks like this
>fooled Catherine. (It fooled me, in the first edition of rint-330.txt.)

So basically, no teleporitis from Q's?

--
Kate Nepveu
E-mail: kne...@steelypips.org

Nathan Russell

Mar 25, 2003, 12:59:02 AM3/25/03
"tomandcatherine" <tomandc...@attbi.com> wrote in message news:<tA6fa.202048$6b3.5...@rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net>...

[much snippage]

Is it just me, or should "quest leader/friendly" be listed under
'dangers' for sme of these?

Or is there an additional penalty for eating a quest leader who is
already dead (not necessarily directly killed by you)?

Thanks!
Nathan

tomandcatherine

Mar 25, 2003, 1:27:22 AM3/25/03

"Nathan Russell" <nrus...@buffalo.edu> wrote in message

> Is it just me, or should "quest leader/friendly" be listed under
> 'dangers' for sme of these?

Keep in mind the dangers in this spoiler are only for actually eating. They
in no way reflect the dangers of combat -- these you should determine from
"killing stuff" spoilers. In particular, there's no mention of losing
alignment or protection from killing friendly creatures / priests / quest
leaders. In terms of eating those things, the only dangers (that I can
find) are the ones listed in this spoiler -- once it's dead, I don't think
there's any new special treatment for eating it. Of course, if I'm wrong,
let me know so we can fix the spoiler. We're currently working on the other
changes that have been suggested...

Dylan O'Donnell

Mar 25, 2003, 4:30:33 AM3/25/03
Kate Nepveu <kne...@steelypips.org> writes:

> So basically, no teleporitis from Q's?

Not unless you polyself into one.

Kate Nepveu

Mar 25, 2003, 8:44:26 PM3/25/03
psmit...@spod-central.org (Dylan O'Donnell) wrote:
>Kate Nepveu <kne...@steelypips.org> writes:

>> So basically, no teleporitis from Q's?

>Not unless you polyself into one.

Thank you. I will edit the table to reflect that.

tomandcatherine

Mar 25, 2003, 9:08:09 PM3/25/03

"Kate Nepveu" <kne...@steelypips.org> wrote

> Thank you. I will edit the table to reflect that.

That's not necessary. We've taken the suggestions made here into account,
and rewritten the spoiler.

Changes:
1) Quantum Mechanics fixed
2) Line length shortened (using a key to denote intrinsics and dangers)
3) "Orc" removed as a danger
4) Newt energy gain added
5) A few monsters removed (animal form of were-anything, for example)

So, here it is.

Eating Corpses For Food And Intrinsics (Nethack 3.4.1)
by Catherine Darrow (catherine[AT]tomandcatherine[DOT]com)

last updated 2003-03-25

---------------------------------------

This spoiler is designed to be used for quick reference.

The chances of receiving an intrinsic (e.g., poison: 33.33%) imply that
eating the corpse has that chance of conferring the intrinsic (i.e.,
corpses that can give multiple intrisics have already had that accounted
for). If you already have one of the possible intrinsics from a corpse,
the others do not become more likely. You will never gain more than one
intrinsic from a corpse, except in the case of giants giving strength.

Zombies and the like are listed as leaving no corpse, since technically a

dwarf zombie doesn't leave a dwarf zombie corpse, it leaves an old dwarf
corpse.

The "Dangers" column lists only dangers in eating the corpse, and may not
tell you about dangers battling the particular monster.

--------------------------------------

Dangers: DIE - Fatal, Ptr - Petrifies, Slm - Slimes,
Ply - Polymorph, Agg - Aggrivate monster, Lyc - Lycanthrope, Hum - Human,
Elf - Elf, Dwa - Dwarf, Gno - Gnome, Zom - Zombie, Tel - Teleportitis,
Psn - Poisonous, Acd - Acidic, Inv - Invisibility, Spd - Speed toggle,
Hlu - Hallucination, Stn - Stuns, Mim - Mimic gold

Conferrences: f - Fire, c - Cold, s - Sleep, e - Electricity,
p - Poison, D - Disintegration, T - Teleportitis, C - Teleport Control

Name Nutr Dangers Chances
abbot 400 Hum Hlu
acid blob 10 Acd
acolyte 400 Hum
aligned priest 400 Hum
ape 500
apprentice 400 Hum
Arch Priest 400 Hum
archeologist 400 Hum
attendant 400 Hum

baby black dragon 500
baby blue dragon 500
baby crocodile 200
baby gray dragon 500

baby green dragon 500 Psn

baby long worm 250
baby orange dragon 500
baby purple worm 250
baby red dragon 500
baby shimmering dragon 500
baby silver dragon 500
baby white dragon 500

baby yellow dragon 500 Acd
baluchitherium 800
barbarian 400 Hum
bat 20 Stn
beholder 10
black dragon 1500 D: 100%
black naga 400 Acd p: 53%
black naga hatchling 100 Acd p: 20%
black pudding 250 Acd c: 22%, e: 22%, p: 22%
black unicorn 300 p: 27%
blue dragon 1500 e: 100%
blue jelly 20 c: 13%, p: 13%
brown mold 30 c: 3%, p: 3%
brown pudding 250 Acd c: 11%, e: 11%, p: 11%
bugbear 250
captain 400 Hum
carnivorous ape 550
cave spider 50 p: 7%
caveman 400 Hum
cavewoman 400 Hum
centipede 50 p: 13%
Cerberus 350 f: 80%
chameleon 100 Ply
chickatrice 10 Ptr p: 27%
chieftain 400 Hum
Chromatic Dragon 1700 Psn f: 17%, c: 17%, s: 17% ...
e: 17%, p: 17%, D: 17%
cobra 100 Psn p: 40%
cockatrice 30 Ptr p: 33%
coyote 250
crocodile 400
Croesus 400 Hum
Cyclops 700 Strength
Death 1 DIE C: 100%
dingo 200
disenchanter 200
dog 200 Agg
doppelganger 400 Ply Hum
dwarf 300 Dwa
dwarf king 300 Dwa
dwarf lord 300 Dwa
Earendil 350 Hum Elf s: 100%
electric eel 250 e: 47%
elf 350 Elf s: 67%
elf-lord 350 Elf s: 53%
Elvenking 350 Elf s: 60%
Elwing 350 Hum Elf s: 100%
ettin 500
Famine 1 DIE C: 100%
fire ant 10 f: 20%
fire giant 750 f: 30%, Strength
flesh golem 600 f: 12%, c: 12%, s: 12% ...
e: 12%, p: 12%
floating eye 10 Telepathy

forest centaur 600
fox 250

frost giant 750 c: 33%, Strength

gargoyle 200
garter snake 60
gecko 20

gelatinous cube 150 Acd f: 10%, c: 10%, s: 10%, e: 10%
giant 750 Strength
giant ant 10
giant bat 30 Stn
giant beetle 10 Psn p: 33%
giant eel 250
giant mimic 500 Mim
giant rat 30
giant spider 100 Psn p: 33%
glass piercer 300
gnome 100 Gno
gnome king 150 Gno
gnome lord 120 Gno
gnomish wizard 120 Gno
goblin 100
Goblin King 350
golden naga 400 p: 67%
golden naga hatchling 100 p: 20%
Grand Master 400 Hum
gray dragon 1500
gray ooze 250 Acd f: 7%, c: 7%, p: 7%
gray unicorn 300 p: 27%
green dragon 1500 Psn p: 100%
green mold 30 Acd
green slime 150 Slm Psn Acd
Green-elf 350 Elf s: 33%
gremlin 20 Psn p: 33%
Grey-elf 350 Elf s: 40%
guard 400 Hum
guardian naga 400 Psn p: 80%
guardian naga hatchling 100 p: 20%
guide 400 Hum
healer 400 Hum
hell hound 300 f: 80%
hell hound pup 200 f: 47%
high priest 400 Hum
High-elf 350 Elf s: 33%
hill giant 700 Strength
hill orc 200
Hippocrates 400 Hum
hobbit 200
hobgoblin 200
homunculus 100 Psn s: 7%, p: 7%
horse 300
housecat 200 Agg
human 400 Hum
hunter 400 Hum
ice troll 300 c: 60%

iguana 30
imp 10
iron piercer 300

Ixoth 1600 f: 100%

jabberwock 600
jackal 250
jaguar 300

jellyfish 20 Psn p: 20%
Keystone Kop 200 Hum
killer bee 5 Psn p: 25%
King Arthur 400 Hum
kitten 150 Agg
knight 400 Hum
kobold 100 Psn
kobold lord 200 Psn
kobold shaman 150 Psn
Kop Kaptain 200 Hum
Kop Lieutenant 200 Hum
Kop Sergeant 200 Hum
kraken 1000
large cat 250 Agg
large dog 250 Agg
large kobold 150 Psn
large mimic 400 Mim
leocrotta 500
leprechaun 30 Tel T: 50%
lichen 200
lieutenant 400 Hum
little dog 150 Agg

lizard 40
long worm 500

Lord Carnarvon 400 Hum
Lord Sato 400 Hum
Lord Surtur 850 f: 50%, Strength

lurker above 350
lynx 300

Master Assassin 400 Hum
Master Kaen 400 Hum p: 100%
master mind flayer 400 Intel, then Telepathy
Master of Thieves 400 Hum
mastodon 800
Medusa 400 Ptr Psn p: 100%
mind flayer 400 Intel, then Telepathy
minotaur 700
monk 400 Hum

monkey 50
Mordor orc 200

mountain centaur 500
mountain nymph 300 Tel T: 30%
mumak 500
neanderthal 400 Hum
Neferet the Green 400 Hum
newt 20 Max energy +1: 22%, if at max
ninja 400 Hum
Norn 400 Hum
nurse 400 Hum p: 73%
ochre jelly 20 Acd

ogre 500
ogre king 750
ogre lord 700
Olog-hai 400

Oracle 400 Hum
orange dragon 1500 s: 100%
orc 150
orc shaman 300
orc-captain 350
Orion 400 Hum
owlbear 700
page 400 Hum
panther 300
Pelias 400 Hum
Pestilence 1 DIE C: 100%
piranha 30
pit viper 60 Psn p: 40%

plains centaur 500
pony 250

priest 400 Hum
priestess 400 Hum
prisoner 400 Hum
purple worm 700
pyrolisk 30 f: 20%, p: 20%
python 100
quantum mechanic 20 Psn Spd Speed Toggle
quasit 200 p: 20%
queen bee 5 Psn p: 60%
quivering blob 100 p: 33%
rabid rat 5 Psn
ranger 400 Hum
raven 20
red dragon 1500 f: 100%
red mold 30 f: 3%, p: 3%
red naga 400 f: 20%, p: 20%
red naga hatchling 100 f: 10%, p: 10%

rock mole 30
rock piercer 200
rock troll 300

rogue 400 Hum
roshi 400 Hum

rothe 100
rust monster 250

salamander 400 Psn f: 53%
samurai 400 Hum
sasquatch 750
scorpion 100 Psn p: 25%
Scorpius 350 Psn p: 100%
sergeant 400 Hum
sewer rat 12
Shaman Karnov 400 Hum

shark 350
shimmering dragon 1500

shopkeeper 400 Hum
shrieker 100 p: 20%
silver dragon 1500
small mimic 200 Mim
snake 80 Psn p: 27%
soldier 400 Hum
soldier ant 5 Psn p: 20%
spotted jelly 20 Acd
stalker 400 Inv Stn
stone giant 750 Strength
storm giant 750 e: 50%, Strength
student 400 Hum
tengu 200 Tel p: 13%, T: 20%, C: 17%
thug 400 Hum

tiger 300
titan 900
titanothere 650

tourist 400 Hum
trapper 350
troll 350
Twoflower 400 Hum

umber hulk 500
Uruk-hai 300

valkyrie 400 Hum
vampire bat 20 Psn
violet fungus 100 Hlu p: 20%

vorpal jabberwock 600
warg 350
warhorse 350

warrior 400 Hum
watch captain 400 Hum
watchman 400 Hum
water moccasin 80 Psn p: 27%
water nymph 300 Tel T: 30%
water troll 350
werejackal 400 Lyc Hum Psn
wererat 400 Lyc Hum Psn
werewolf 400 Lyc Hum Psn
white dragon 1500 c: 100%
white unicorn 300 p: 27%
winged gargoyle 300
winter wolf 300 c: 47%
winter wolf cub 200 c: 33%
wizard 400 Hum
Wizard of Yendor 400 Hum Tel f: 25%, p: 25%, T: 25%, C: 25%
wolf 250
wood nymph 300 Tel T: 30%
woodchuck 30
Woodland-elf 350 Elf s: 27%
wraith 0 Zom Level
wumpus 500
xan 300 Psn p: 47%
xorn 700
yellow dragon 1500 Acd
yellow mold 30 Psn Hlu p: 7%
yeti 700 c: 33%

Kate Nepveu

Mar 25, 2003, 9:58:03 PM3/25/03
"tomandcatherine" <tomandc...@attbi.com> wrote:

>That's not necessary. We've taken the suggestions made here into account,
>and rewritten the spoiler.

[...]

>Dangers: DIE - Fatal,

I like it. =>

It's next on the list after finishing the HTML-ization of Dylan's
spoilers.

Klaus Kassner

May 10, 2003, 10:35:11 AM5/10/03
tomandcatherine wrote:

> Eating Corpses For Food And Intrinsics (Nethack 3.4.1)
> by Catherine Darrow (catherine[AT]tomandcatherine[DOT]com)
> last updated 2003-03-25
>
> ---------------------------------------
>
> This spoiler is designed to be used for quick reference.

> Name Nutr Dangers Chances

> abbot 400 Hum Hlu
> acid blob 10 Acd

In the past, acid blobs had a small chance of giving sleep resistance.
Is this gone?
--
Klaus Kassner

Dylan O'Donnell

May 10, 2003, 1:34:59 PM5/10/03
Klaus Kassner <Klaus....@physik.uni-magdeburg.de> writes:
> In the past, acid blobs had a small chance of giving sleep resistance.
> Is this gone?

3.1.3 was the last version in which this was the case. From
doc/fixes32.0:

fix several monsters conveying inappropriate resistances

: "What scourge, what scourge I bear, from what red star :
: So near to happiness, and yet so far?" :
: -- Andrew Plotkin, _So Far_ :

Moi

May 11, 2003, 7:48:46 AM5/11/03
Klaus Kassner <Klaus....@physik.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote in message news:<3EBD0E1F...@physik.uni-magdeburg.de>...
> tomandcatherine wrote:

[snipped]

Am I the only one that thinks that (master) mind flayers should raise
your Int, then have a chance to give an intrinsic? That would make
this consistent with giants (stats raise don't prevent an intrinsic).
Or would this be very abusable?

Dr. Richard E. Hawkins

May 14, 2003, 12:39:05 PM5/14/03
In article <86of2as...@strackenz.spod-central.org>,

Dylan O'Donnell <psm...@spod-central.org> wrote:
>Klaus Kassner <Klaus....@physik.uni-magdeburg.de> writes:
>> In the past, acid blobs had a small chance of giving sleep resistance.
>> Is this gone?

>3.1.3 was the last version in which this was the case. From
>doc/fixes32.0:

> fix several monsters conveying inappropriate resistances

I think it was a gelatinous cube that gave me sleep resistance a couple
of days ago--I most definitely wasn't expecting *that* . . .

hawk, who resisted calling it an "overgrown jello" as most non-merkins
probably wouldn't understand
--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics /"\ ASCII ribbon campaign
doc...@psu.edu Smeal 178 (814) 375-4700 \ / against HTML mail