Nethack Cross-variant Summer Tournament

rawrmage

Jul 15, 2011, 2:52:21 PM7/15/11
to june...@rawrnix.com
Hello NetHack and variant players!
This is an announcement of the NetHack Summer Tournament this year!
This is the first of the (hopefully) annual summer tournament series.
This tournament is not limited to NetHack, it also includes servers from
several variants including AceHack, UnNetHack, SporkHack and as a special
challenge to dedicated players NetHack 1.3d.
This tournament is intended not to replace /dev/null but to provide an
additional challenge to NetHack and variant players without having to
wait for one tournament a year; we feel there is room for two tournaments
a year. As well, this tournament is multi-variant and offers a tournament
experience to a wider selection of players.
This tournament starts at 12:00 AM UTC on Sunday July 17th and runs until
the end of August 14th UTC. We apologize for the short notice this year,
and we plan to provide more advance notice next year. The tournament date
this year is slightly closer to /dev/null than we would like, and we wish
the timing could have been slightly earlier; this may be reflected in a
scheduling change for next year. Suggestions for scheduling as well as
feedback is always welcome. :)
You can register, view scores and trophies as well as the list of
available servers at http://junethack.rawrnix.com/. For questions you can
reply here or contact us in #junethack on Freenode.
Good luck!

Patric Mueller

Jul 16, 2011, 3:12:22 AM7/16/11
rawrmage <raw...@rawrnix.com> wrote:
> Hello NetHack and variant players!
>
> This is an announcement of the NetHack Summer Tournament this year!
>
> This is the first of the (hopefully) annual summer tournament series.
>
> This tournament is not limited to NetHack, it also includes servers from
> several variants including AceHack, UnNetHack, SporkHack and as a special
> challenge to dedicated players NetHack 1.3d.

The list of supported public servers is at
http://junethack.rawrnix.com/servers

We're using public data (xlogfiles and rc-files) from the existing
public servers so you can most likely play on your favorite public
servers.

This also means that all your games during the tournament are counted
even if you register late and have started and finished games before
registering.

> This tournament starts at 12:00 AM UTC on Sunday July 17th and runs until

> the end of August 14th UTC. [...]

To clarify, that means it starts tonight at midnight UTC.

Bye
Patric

--
NetHack-De: NetHack auf Deutsch - http://nethack-de.sf.net/