Uncancelling a monster, and a possible foocubus abuse

Ray Chason

Feb 5, 2001, 3:04:06 AM2/5/01
Here's how you can uncancel a monster:

* Stone it with a cockatrice corpse or egg,
* and then cast stone to flesh.

I just confirmed this in wizard mode.

Why, you ask, would you want to do this? Well, think of what you might
do when your demonic playmate develops a severe headache....

--
--------------===============<[ Ray Chason ]>===============--------------
PGP public key at http://www.smart.net/~rchason/pubkey.asc

Nathan F Russell

Feb 5, 2001, 1:26:34 PM2/5/01
Ray Chason wrote:

> Here's how you can uncancel a monster:
>

> * Stone it with a cockatrice corpse or egg,
>
> * and then cast stone to flesh.
>

> I just confirmed this in wizard mode.
>

> Why, you ask, would you want to do this? Well, think of what you might
>
> do when your demonic playmate develops a severe headache....

This obviously assumes that you find it easier to kill cockatrices and
safely handle their corpses than to wait for another 'playmate'.

Nathan

Kevin Thomas

Feb 5, 2001, 6:53:57 PM2/5/01

Nathan F Russell <nrus...@acsu.buffalo.edu> wrote in message

> Ray Chason wrote:
>
> > Here's how you can uncancel a monster:
> >

> > * Stone it with a cockatrice corpse or egg,
> >
> > * and then cast stone to flesh.
> >

> > I just confirmed this in wizard mode.
[SNIP]

I can see YASD now...
Ray, stoned by a cockatrice corpse (due to having gloves taken off by
foocubi).

Ray Chason

Feb 6, 2001, 12:46:08 AM2/6/01
"Kevin Thomas" <zom...@yahoo.com> wrote:

You would do the stoning after the foocubus developed a severe headache.
It would not attempt to seduce you in this state. This danger would
exist if you were facing multiple foocubi.

An easier way to exploit this hole might be to morph into a cockatrice.
You'd need controlled polymorph, of course. Limitations are on how
many times you can polymorph (if using wand or spell), how many times
you can cast stone to flesh, how much food you have, and how long it
takes you to get bored.

V'rgo

Feb 6, 2001, 2:24:45 AM2/6/01

The foocubus is already cancelled (otherwise why stone it?), so attacking
it poses no threat. Once you have stoned the demon, just drop the c
corpse and then cast stone-to-flesh. No danger at all, as far as I can see.

V'rgo

--
Only the good die young.
Therefore, I will probably live forever.

roy haddad

Feb 6, 2001, 2:34:13 AM2/6/01

"Ray Chason" <johnn...@southland.smart.net.SPAMMEN.VERBOTEN>
wrote in message news:t7v3t07...@corp.supernews.com...

> "Kevin Thomas" <zom...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> An easier way to exploit this hole might be to morph into a cockatrice.
> You'd need controlled polymorph, of course. Limitations are on how
> many times you can polymorph (if using wand or spell), how many times
> you can cast stone to flesh, how much food you have, and how long it
> takes you to get bored.

Or you can keep a cockatrice corpse in an icebox.