Highest max. hit points?

J Sakari Salonen

Jan 11, 2001, 6:47:13 AM1/11/01
What's the largest amount of hit points you have seen in Nethack? My lately
ascended barbarian (www.pp.fishpool.fi/~nethack/halloffame.shtml) had 959,
but I'm sure someone has reached 1000+. I wasn't completely efficient in
making !PoFH's out of !PoEH's, accidentally wasted one wish, and killed
succubi right away, just like everything else that moved.

Having such a ridiculous number of hit points didn't seem necessary really,
but he was undoubtedly the most macho character I've ever played in
Nethack; fit the barbarian image nicely, in my eyes.

--
J. Sakari Salonen / ssal...@cc.helsinki.fi

Susannah Tiller

Jan 11, 2001, 3:22:27 PM1/11/01
Boudewijn Waijers wrote:

> J Sakari Salonen <ssal...@cc.helsinki.fi> schreef ...
> At last! An opportunity to post the infamous Efembe's stats!
>
> Some two weeks ago, Dion Nicolaas downloaded Efembe's save file from my
> site, managed to compile the appropriate version of UNIX NetHack,
> version 3.1.3, and succesfully restored Efembe.
>
> He sent me a complete overview of Efembe's stats, including a map of
> level 12 with an inventory of all boxes and bags on that level. I hereby
> proudly present the reincarnation of Efembe (thanks again, Dion!)...
>
> Note that Efembe (years ago) achieved such fame that his name has been
> recorded for posterity in the NetHack code, in the PolyPile section
> (PP++++).

Two questions:
How long did that particular game take?
Why quit on level 12????
--
Susannah dot Tiller @ studentmail dot newcastle dot edu dot au
"As a Psych major, I'm qualified to go 'Hmmmm'"

fish...@nerve.com

Jan 11, 2001, 3:21:53 PM1/11/01
In article <93l0so$1iq$1...@nereid.worldonline.nl> you write:

>Behold, mortal, the story of Efembe...

My god, Bowdewijn. How on earth did this happen? I understand it's
from polypiling, but can't imagine a game with so many things to be
poly'd in the first place! Bones files from a system with 1000 very
active players? Was this a Wizmode game? Why'd you quit? Or did the
original Efembe ascend?

Nesta, killed by an unsuccessful polymorph.
--
% - a piece of food (elf corpse named Nesta)

Antti S. Brax

Jan 11, 2001, 3:25:09 PM1/11/01
How on earth... ?

Peter Snelling

Jan 11, 2001, 5:45:40 PM1/11/01
fish...@nerve.com wrote:

> In article <93l0so$1iq$1...@nereid.worldonline.nl> you write:
>
> >Behold, mortal, the story of Efembe...
>
> My god, Bowdewijn. How on earth did this happen? I understand it's
> from polypiling, but can't imagine a game with so many things to be
> poly'd in the first place! Bones files from a system with 1000 very
> active players? Was this a Wizmode game? Why'd you quit? Or did the
> original Efembe ascend?

Remember this was version 3.1.3. I think he made use of some
(subsequently removed) Bell of Opening features? And maybe
hauling every item through the whole dungeon? Plus all the
monsters generated over 350417 turns. If a typical ascention
is about 50k turns, this one was about 7 times longer...

I can't find a reference to Efembe in the 3.3 code, but some
of the changes made in 3.2 seemed to be directly concerned
with preventing Efembe type abuses. Of course, 3.3 opens
up a few new ones...

Remember that old thread about living forever in 3.3? Surround
yourself with boulders and sessile monster, genocide a select few,
polymorph into a monster which doesn't eat... Someone tried that,
and had a very long game -- I wonder if any have been longer than
Efembe's 350k turns?

I was hoping that Boudewijn was going to tell us he finally
ascended Efembe. I think it's a shame to have left him in
stasis for so many years, instead of reposing with the other
Demi-Gods...

--
Peter Snelling, P.Eng. (snel...@nortelnetworks.com)
Nortel Networks, Ottawa, Canada

Boudewijn Waijers

Jan 11, 2001, 8:05:09 PM1/11/01
Susannah Tiller schreef...

> Boudewijn Waijers wrote:

>> Note that Efembe (years ago) achieved such fame that his name has
been
>> recorded for posterity in the NetHack code, in the PolyPile section
>> (PP++++).

> Two questions:
> How long did that particular game take?

At least one and a half year, with regular intervals of playing and not
playing.

> Why quit on level 12????

I never quit. I only abandoned Efembe, destroying the game around him
but leaving the save file alone.

Well, actually, I destroyed the save file once, when deleting files I
thought I wouldn't need ever again. Only one week later, someone asked
me a question about Efembe, so I asked the sysop to restore the save
file. After that, I just compressed the file and left it.

For those interested, the save file can be ftp-ed as:

ftp://ftp.win.tue.nl/pub/games/nethack/9904Efembe.gz

Note that you'll need a working copy of unix NetHack 3.1.3 to run it. I
believe I originally ran it on a Sys V system, which later upgraded to
Solaris.

--
Boudewijn Waijers -- www.win.tue.nl/games/roguelike/
There are no stupid questions; just stupid people.

Boudewijn Waijers

Jan 11, 2001, 7:48:37 PM1/11/01
<fish...@nerve.com> schreef in berichtnieuws...

> In article <93l0so$1iq$1...@nereid.worldonline.nl> you write:

>> Behold, mortal, the story of Efembe...

> My god, Bowdewijn. How on earth did this happen? I understand it's
> from polypiling, but can't imagine a game with so many things to be
> poly'd in the first place!

I think this game went on for well over a year, with regular intervals
of playing and not playing. Monsters will continue to appear over time
(note that I didn't reach extintion for any monster). Monsters carry
items. And yes, I hauled every single item from the dungeon to this
level, even bringing rocks and polypiling them into gems. You could
*create* wand of polymorph by polypiling in those days, if I recall
correctly, and there was no restriction on creating magic items from
non-magic items then.

> Bones files from a system with 1000 very active players?

If there were any bones files, they were of other characters of mine,
since I was the only one on that Unix system that played the game (I
compiled it myself on my own account).

> Was this a Wizmode game?

It was no wizmode game (otherwise, Efembe would have been called
"wizard", since I compiled an unedited version).

> Why'd you quit? Or did the original Efembe ascend?

Who said I quit? I just saved and left the game in Limbo. Quite
literally, actually, because I deleted the game itself from the system,
while I left the save file intact (I needed the disk space occupied by
the game, so I only left the save file, and the intention of downloading
the sources again when I wanted to continue). So, I didn't quit, nor did
I ascend.

--
Boudewijn Waijers

I don't like good losers,| www.win.tue.nl/games/roguelike/nethack/latest
'cause a good loser is a | for links to the latest version (3.3.1)
loser. - "Geoff", on | ftp.win.tue.nl/pub/games/nethack.331/...
"The Weakest Link". | for direct downloads of the new release

Boudewijn Waijers

Jan 11, 2001, 7:56:33 PM1/11/01
Peter Snelling <snel...@nortelnetworks.com> schreef...

>fish...@nerve.com wrote:
>> In article <93l0so$1iq$1...@nereid.worldonline.nl> you write:

>>> Behold, mortal, the story of Efembe...

>> My god, Bowdewijn. How on earth did this happen? [...]

> Remember this was version 3.1.3. I think he made use of some
> (subsequently removed) Bell of Opening features? And maybe
> hauling every item through the whole dungeon? Plus all the
> monsters generated over 350417 turns. If a typical ascention
> is about 50k turns, this one was about 7 times longer...

The cursed bell of opening indeed made for a lot of monsters and items.
And I always take almost everything in sight with me to a single altar
in the dungeon. In almost all computer games I play (just NetHack and
Civilisation, currently), I am a perfectionist: I want things arranged
neatly and orderly (very unlike me in real life, by the way).

> I can't find a reference to Efembe in the 3.3 code, but some
> of the changes made in 3.2 seemed to be directly concerned
> with preventing Efembe type abuses. Of course, 3.3 opens
> up a few new ones...

The mentioning of Efembe in the NetHack code is not in the source code,
but in the geek code.

> Remember that old thread about living forever in 3.3? Surround
> yourself with boulders and sessile monster, genocide a select few,
> polymorph into a monster which doesn't eat... Someone tried that,
> and had a very long game -- I wonder if any have been longer than
> Efembe's 350k turns?

Someone will surely have bettered this. It just takes patience, nothing
more. The removal of the Bell of Opening trick makes finding enough food
a bit more difficult, perhaps.

> I was hoping that Boudewijn was going to tell us he finally
> ascended Efembe. I think it's a shame to have left him in
> stasis for so many years, instead of reposing with the other
> Demi-Gods...

I never ascended a single character (except for some experiments in
wizard mode to try out things). I don't like Gehennom very much, so I
tend to retire every character after having chatted to Moloch's priest
in the Valley of the Dead.

It would have been a permanent stasis, were it not for Dion Nicolaas who
managed to revive him on a revived 3.1.3 unix version of NetHack.

--
Boudewijn Waijers -- www.win.tue.nl/games/roguelike/

PP++++: My name is Efembe.

William Harris

Jan 11, 2001, 9:07:52 PM1/11/01
kro...@win.tue.nl (Boudewijn Waijers) wrote in
<93l0so$1iq$1...@nereid.worldonline.nl>:

>At last! An opportunity to post the infamous Efembe's stats!
>
>Some two weeks ago, Dion Nicolaas downloaded Efembe's save file from my
>site, managed to compile the appropriate version of UNIX NetHack,
>version 3.1.3, and succesfully restored Efembe.
>
>He sent me a complete overview of Efembe's stats, including a map of
>level 12 with an inventory of all boxes and bags on that level. I hereby
>proudly present the reincarnation of Efembe (thanks again, Dion!)...

I remember the saga of Efembe's mad polypiling. Nuts to the turns taken,
and to the abilities aquired. Probably was one of the biggest things that
led to the limits in converting items to good stuff in the current polypile
code. :=(
------
William Harris

fish...@nerve.com

Jan 11, 2001, 9:18:43 PM1/11/01
In article <3A5E3794...@nortelnetworks.com>,
Peter Snelling <snel...@nortelnetworks.com> wrote:
>fish...@nerve.com wrote:

>And maybe
>hauling every item through the whole dungeon?

Must have fun but tedious.

>Plus all the
>monsters generated over 350417 turns. If a typical ascention
>is about 50k turns, this one was about 7 times longer...

Yabbut, isn't everything pretty much extinct by then?
And you're telling me that "items" don't stop being generated
as time goes on? (That's a relief, I was getting quite worried
about the general scarcity of items.) Of course now I realize
that all the items that should be in all our games are all in
efembe's game. No wonder scrolls an potions are so rare!

nesta, killed by a mildly contaminated potion.
--
% - a piece of food (elf corpse named nesta)

fish...@nerve.com

Jan 11, 2001, 9:24:29 PM1/11/01
In article <93ll9a$l2c$2...@nereid.worldonline.nl>,
Boudewijn Waijers <kro...@win.tue.nl> wrote:

>> Why'd you quit? Or did the original Efembe ascend?
>Who said I quit? I just saved and left the game in Limbo. Quite

Eventually, you quit:

......o/....schnipp.....
O\
Goodbye Efembe the Healer...
You quit in The Dungeons of Doom on dungeon level 12 with 7864576 points,

Nesta, quit while already on Charon's boat.

StarChaser_Tyger

Jan 12, 2001, 1:05:33 AM1/12/01
What's that, Lassie? <fish...@nerve.com> said,

>In article <93ll9a$l2c$2...@nereid.worldonline.nl>,
>Boudewijn Waijers <kro...@win.tue.nl> wrote:
>
>>> Why'd you quit? Or did the original Efembe ascend?
>>Who said I quit? I just saved and left the game in Limbo. Quite
>
>Eventually, you quit:
>
>......o/....schnipp.....
> O\
>Goodbye Efembe the Healer...
>You quit in The Dungeons of Doom on dungeon level 12 with 7864576 points,

HE didn't quit, Dion Nicolaas quit after getting the various stats for
Boudewijn...
--
Visit the Furry Artist InFURmation Page! Contact information, which artists
do and don't want their work posted. http://web.tampabay.rr.com/starchsr/

fish...@nerve.com

Jan 12, 2001, 1:26:21 AM1/12/01
In article <7k7t5t860trnamamn...@4ax.com>,
StarChaser_Tyger <StarC...@mindless.com> wrote:

>HE didn't quit, Dion Nicolaas quit after getting the various stats for
>Boudewijn...

Oh. Sorry. :-)

--
Nesta, escaped.

Peter Snelling

Jan 12, 2001, 10:24:40 AM1/12/01
Boudewijn Waijers wrote:

> Peter Snelling <snel...@nortelnetworks.com> schreef...

> > Remember that old thread about living forever in 3.3? Surround
> > yourself with boulders and sessile monster, genocide a select few,
> > polymorph into a monster which doesn't eat... Someone tried that,
> > and had a very long game -- I wonder if any have been longer than
> > Efembe's 350k turns?
>
> Someone will surely have bettered this. It just takes patience, nothing
> more. The removal of the Bell of Opening trick makes finding enough food
> a bit more difficult, perhaps.

I took a look in deja news, and I found the thread
where we described how to live infinitely (see:
http://x71.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=586268720
http://x71.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=586302704
But I couldn't find the thread where someone tried it,
so I'm not sure if it was over 350k turns. But it
could have been...

Cliff Simpson

Jan 12, 2001, 12:42:48 PM1/12/01
"Boudewijn Waijers" <kro...@win.tue.nl> wrote in
<93ll9a$l2c$2...@nereid.worldonline.nl>:

>I think this game went on for well over a year, with regular intervals
>of playing and not playing. Monsters will continue to appear over time
>(note that I didn't reach extintion for any monster).

From the original post:

Vanquished foes:

149 stone golems
159 clay golems
120 elf-lords
141 soldiers
123 cockatrices
121 giant ants
132 hill orcs
122 rothes

So when does extinction occur? It thought it was at 120 more or less
(taking into account critters generated in batches) for everything not on
the quest or planes or some such thing.

Also, in the same vein, could a boolean be added to the monster list and
when create_critter() was called and the monster was extinct and it was the
first time it could say "You get the feeling you won't be seeing many more
<monstername>'s around."? The boolean would then be toggled and you
wouldn't get the message again.

For 99.999% of us it would make no difference but for the few who try a
extinction game they could use this to gauge how close they were.
--

Memo to self: 99% of satistics are made up, including this one.
Cliff Simpson

Boudewijn Waijers

Jan 12, 2001, 1:57:31 PM1/12/01
Jukka Lahtinen <wal...@clinet.fi.no.sp.am.invalid> schreef...
> "Boudewijn Waijers" <kro...@win.tue.nl> writes:

> > Goodbye Efembe the Healer...

> Funny, I always thought Efembe was a tourist.

Nope. He was a Healer head to toe...

> But it isn't surprising that I remember something wrong after all
these
> years..

My memories were still quite vivid, but I didn't remember everything
anymore. What I did remember was the way the level looked: completely
dug out, with the former rooms still recognisable. Also, there were
"lines" of holes, meant to make the peaceful monsters disappear (except
for the peaceful fire and air elementals, which levitate over the
holes). To prevent the peacefuls from entering the former temple, there
was a ring of Elbereths where the temple walls used to be.

By the way, the name Efembe derives not from NetHack, but from Moria
(the PC game). In those days, I used to play a lot of Moria, and
actually contributed quite a lot to the code (hi, David!). When you
start up Moria, you get to make a character, and I preferred to play
dwarven (F) male (M) priests (B) (the letters indicate the menu choices
you had to make). FMB pronounced aloud is EfEmBe, which became the
standard name I used for my Moria characters, and my NetHack characters
subsequently were name the same.

Patrick Scheele

Jan 13, 2001, 2:47:20 AM1/13/01
J Sakari Salonen <ssal...@cc.helsinki.fi> wrote:
>What's the largest amount of hit points you have seen in Nethack? My lately
>ascended barbarian (www.pp.fishpool.fi/~nethack/halloffame.shtml) had 959,
>but I'm sure someone has reached 1000+. I wasn't completely efficient in
>making !PoFH's out of !PoEH's, accidentally wasted one wish, and killed
>succubi right away, just like everything else that moved.

By extincting every species I could, using create monster wands, bags of
tricks and create monster spells, I once managed to get well over 5000 hit
points. I have no idea anymore how many I ended up with, but I do
remember passing the 5000 mark, because (IIRC) that was supposed to be the
number of hit points you needed to survive a beheading attack by Vorpal
Blade.

Patrick

--
Patrick Scheele (so...@xs4all.nl)
=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

Pat Rankin

Jan 15, 2001, 12:45:00 AM1/15/01
In article <Xns90276D488csi...@136.159.34.2>,\
csim...@ucalgary.ca (Cliff Simpson) writes...
[...]

> So when does extinction occur? It thought it was at 120 more or less
> (taking into account critters generated in batches) for everything not on
> the quest or planes or some such thing.

In the old version he was running, extinction occurred after
120 of a given type of creature had died. If 119 or less had
died so far, there was no particular limit on the number which
could still be created. (This tended to be most noticeable when
you got a 10th Nazgul or 4th erinys, where the limit is much less
than 120.)

The program was subsequently changed to base extinction on
the number of critters created rather than killed, so it's much
less likely to see counts over the 120 limit than it used to be.

aardv...@my-deja.com

Jan 15, 2001, 11:49:49 AM1/15/01
In article <3A5E3794...@nortelnetworks.com>,
Peter Snelling <snel...@nortelnetworks.com> wrote:

> Remember that old thread about living forever in 3.3? Surround
> yourself with boulders and sessile monster, genocide a select few,
> polymorph into a monster which doesn't eat... Someone tried that,
> and had a very long game -- I wonder if any have been longer than
> Efembe's 350k turns?

I once was going to try to drive everything to exxtinction ... no
genocide, and no create monster. Although I didn't polymorph, with a
=oSD you only need to eat every 20000 turns or so. I surrounded myself
with boulders, waited until I got hungry, and then killed all the
monsters that had been generated, dumping the large corpses into an
icebox to eat once food got scarce. Unfortunately, I made a couple
stupid mistakes and ended up dying, a little short of 400k turns.

To the person who wondered if most things would be extincted at 350k ...
the only monsters that I had driven to extinction were jackals and
soldier ants. A few others -- giant ants, grid bugs, etc. -- were
relatively close. I figure I would have needed well over a million
turns to finish the thing.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Paul Vader

Jan 16, 2001, 10:46:32 AM1/16/01
"Boudewijn Waijers" <kro...@win.tue.nl> relates the wretched excesses of
Efembe the healer...

> Your alignment is 1762.

Wha? I thought alignment maxed out in the low double digits.

> You see here a cursed bag of holding named VUILNISVAT.

Translation please?

> an uncursed damaged +3 pair of water walking boots

Damaged? What material gets damaged, as opposed to burnt, rusty, corroded,
etc.? I've never had a damaged item as far as I can remember.

> and 0 pieces of gold, after 350417 moves.

About seven ascensions worth of turns. How long in calendar time did this
take? It would have to be months. *

P.S. Too bad you can't take it all with you.

like corkscrews.

Michael G Kurilla

Jan 16, 2001, 12:21:19 PM1/16/01

J Sakari Salonen wrote:

I'm attempting an extinctionist challenge (that is to extinct as many monster
as possible with minimal genocide). See my updates for more details.

I'm into my 9th reading of spellbooks of create monster. I stopped picking up
most potions (only speed, gain level, gain energy, and the healings), scrolls
(only charging, remove curse, and genocide, or rather reverse genocide), wands
(only digging, teleport, death, and undead turning), and rings (I have backups
of key rings - levitation, slow digestion, conflict, and shape changers). I've
continued to peform alchemy to break the boredom of killing everything. Between
potions and inccubi, I'm currently over 3100 hps and over 1600 pps.

Mike Kurilla

Raisse the Thaumaturge

Jan 16, 2001, 1:57:43 PM1/16/01
Paul Vader wrote:

> "Boudewijn Waijers" <kro...@win.tue.nl> relates the wretched
> excesses of Efembe the healer...

>> You see here a cursed bag of holding named VUILNISVAT.
>
> Translation please?

"Dustbin" or "garbage pail" depending on whether you're a Leftpondian
or a Rightpondian.

>> an uncursed damaged +3 pair of water walking boots
>>
> Damaged? What material gets damaged, as opposed to burnt, rusty,
> corroded, etc.? I've never had a damaged item as far as I can
> remember.

Then presumably you can't remember 3.1.x, where there was only one
word for rust, rot and burning, and there was no corrosion whatever.
Acid didn't do any damage to objects until 3.3.0.

Raisse, killed by an acidic corpse

--
@ a human or elf (peaceful thaumaturge called Raisse)
------------------< Recently ascended: W >-----------------

Ilkka Virta

Jan 16, 2001, 2:33:51 PM1/16/01
On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:57:43 +0100, Raisse the Thaumaturge
<rai...@valdyas.org> wrote:

>Then presumably you can't remember 3.1.x, where there was only one
>word for rust, rot and burning, and there was no corrosion whatever.
>Acid didn't do any damage to objects until 3.3.0.

I think it was like that in 3.2.x too, wasn't it?

William Harris

Jan 16, 2001, 7:41:01 PM1/16/01
itv...@mbnet.fi (Ilkka Virta) wrote in <3a64a20...@news.kolumbus.fi>:

Acid did damage to *you* in 3.2, but not to objects.
------
William Harris

Pat Rankin

Jan 17, 2001, 1:32:00 AM1/17/01
In article <51564595.Pbl3h6tkne@turenay>, rai...@valdyas.org writes...
> Paul Vader wrote:
[...]

>> Damaged? What material gets damaged, as opposed to burnt, rusty,
>> corroded, etc.? I've never had a damaged item as far as I can
>> remember.
>
> Then presumably you can't remember 3.1.x, where there was only one
> word for rust, rot and burning, and there was no corrosion whatever.

Not quite. Both burnt and rotted did get lumped together
as "damaged" because the program wasn't keeping track of them
separately. However, "rusty" and "corroded" were distinct and
showed up in inventory displays. They weren't kept track of
either, but the program deduced which type of damage had occurred
based on the material composition of the object. I believe that
bronze plate mail was the only type of item which was eligible
to become corroded, so it's not surprising that corrosion didn't
show up enough to be remembered. There was never any shortage
of rusty objects though. :-)

> Acid didn't do any damage to objects until 3.3.0.

I think this was actually an unintentional change from how
it behaved in 3.0, where acid did damage weapons, but it's been
a long time and I don't remember for sure....

Paul Vader

Jan 17, 2001, 11:24:31 AM1/17/01
rai...@valdyas.org writes:
>Then presumably you can't remember 3.1.x, where there was only one
>word for rust, rot and burning, and there was no corrosion whatever.
>Acid didn't do any damage to objects until 3.3.0.

Right, I started with one of the 3.2x versions. *

Boudewijn Waijers

Jan 17, 2001, 2:10:40 PM1/17/01
Raisse the Thaumaturge <rai...@valdyas.org> schreef...

> Paul Vader wrote:
>> "Boudewijn Waijers" <kro...@win.tue.nl> relates the wretched
>> excesses of Efembe the healer...

>>> You see here a cursed bag of holding named VUILNISVAT.

>> Translation please?

> "Dustbin" or "garbage pail" depending on whether you're a Leftpondian
> or a Rightpondian.

Called thus because I used it to remove useless items from the game.
Just apply the cursed bag a few times and all items inside will
disappear. Keeps the size of the save file manageable.

If I hadn't done so, the number of items on this level would have been
at least twice as large!

Ilkka Virta

Jan 18, 2001, 5:28:28 AM1/18/01
On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:41:01 GMT, willia...@earthlink.net (William
Harris) wrote:

>>>Then presumably you can't remember 3.1.x, where there was only one
>>>word for rust, rot and burning, and there was no corrosion whatever.
>>>Acid didn't do any damage to objects until 3.3.0.
>>
>>I think it was like that in 3.2.x too, wasn't it?
>
>Acid did damage to *you* in 3.2, but not to objects.

I misquoted. What I meant to say was that in 3.2.x there was this
damaged thing too. Probably in the same way as in 3.1.x, but I
don't know that for sure.

Ed B.

Jan 19, 2001, 10:59:52 AM1/19/01
<blatant site plug ON>

Anyone interested in such things should pay a visit to HackStat,
which does statistical analysis on the scorefile from nethack. It's at
http://www.frosch.org/hackstat.mv at the moment, although a new and
improved MySQL/PHP version will be out soon with even more bells and
whistles...

The top MaxHP there is, however, a comparatively conservative 850
HP, although the character was a Wizard:

10867755 Aardvark [Human Wizard]. Level 50, HP 850 (of 850), ascended
in The Astral Plane, 20-Jul-2000.

<blatant site plug OFF>

;=)

In article <93k6g1$j67$1...@oravannahka.helsinki.fi>,