[Announcement] Junethack Tournament 2012

Mikko Juola

May 25, 2012, 2:35:09 PM5/25/12
We are pleased to announce the 2012 Junethack tournament
(also known as the NetHack Cross-Variant Summer Tournament).

The tournament website is at http://junethack.rawrnix.com/

The tournament runs from 1 June until the end of 30 June 2012.

The registration is already open. Just don't forget your password. You can
register at any point during the tournament so there is no hurry.

There are various trophies, or achievements, to attain. These are listed
at http://junethack.rawrnix.com/trophies

Besides having fun, we want to encourage playing NetHack forks in this
tournament.

You can play your games on any of the tracked public servers. You need to
link your account from the tournament web page to make your games
trackable on a server. The process is described on your user page after
you login to the Junethack site.

The games confirmed for this tournament are:
- SporkHack
- UnNetHack
- AceHack
- Vanilla NetHack
- GruntHack (new this year)
- NetHack4 (new this year)

The servers confirmed for this tournament are:
nethack.alt.org
nethack.fi
nethack.eu (registration doesn't work yet)
sporkhack.org
un.nethack.nu
acehack.us (registration doesn't work yet)
grunthack.org
nethack4.org

There are no formal prizes for getting a lot of trophies but you will be
allowed to brag as much as you like.

Our points of contact are RGRN and the #junethack IRC channel on the
Freenode IRC network. Check the tournament site for the list of people who
were involved in the creation of this tournament.

There is more information on the tournament site.

If you want to help out in the development of the tournament, you can
check out our code from GitHub: https://github.com/junethack/Junethack/

Also, please join our IRC channel so that we can coordinate our efforts.

Compared to last year's tournament, which was held in July and August
2011, the following things changed:

- Most of the streak trophies have been removed.
- New games: GruntHack and NetHack4
- New clan trophy: most trophy combinations
- The tournament is in June (and will be in the future)
- The tournament web site look has been slightly updated and bugs have
been fixed

Happy hacking!

--
++ Mikko Juola
I play NetHack under the name Adeon

Rob Cypher

May 26, 2012, 7:52:30 PM5/26/12
Are any of the servers capable of supporting graphic tiles, or have an
option for them like the long-running tournament they hold near the
end of every year?

ais523

May 27, 2012, 1:50:09 PM5/27/12
NAO (NetHack 3.4.3) has support for ebonhack integration:
<http://junction404.com/#ebonhack>

You need to enable the "vt_tiledata" option in your RC file for the best
effects.

Hopefully, NetHack 4 will have remote tiles available for next year's
tournament, but it won't be ready in time for this year's.

--
ais523

TJR

May 28, 2012, 4:37:41 PM5/28/12
Can you have multiple accounts per server linked to a single junethack
account?

Patric Mueller

May 29, 2012, 5:10:16 PM5/29/12
TJR <tilmi...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Can you have multiple accounts per server linked to a single junethack
> account?

No, it's one account per public server like last year.

Bye
Patric