The invisible saddled ki-rin is not saddled.

derekt75

Oct 21, 2011, 9:42:41 AM10/21/11
I didn't have an "oR when I first wished for my saddle and k-rin, but
did have an extra "oLS, so that's what the ki-rin got. I didn't think
it was that big a deal, but I've had to be rather careful with magic
missile (if it bounces back at my steed, that reduces tameness,
right?). I eventually found a "oR, but didn't know how to get the
"oLS off of the ki-rin. So I've spent some 20000 turns riding through
the dungeon on a ki-rin with no name, and a black dragon just fixed
the issue of getting the "oLS off of the ki-rin. but now when I try
to ride the ki-rin, I'm told that the invisible saddled ki-rin is not
saddled. and when I try to apply a new saddle, I get told that he
doesn't need another one. When I try to loot the ki-rin, I get no
message at all (maybe due to MSGTYPE suppression).
So what do I do? kill this pet to get my "oR back and wish for a new
ki-rin? I have two wishes (magic lamp and wrest from castle wand)
left, and have nothing left to do but finish searching the level for
the vibrating square, kill the wizard, and ascend.

In related news, is the dev team ever going to release a version that
has all of the bug fixes marked as fixed?

thanks,
Derek

TJR

Oct 21, 2011, 10:24:15 AM10/21/11
On 21 Okt., 15:42, derekt75 <derek.truesd...@anritsu.com> wrote:
> it was that big a deal, but I've had to be rather careful with magic
> missile (if it bounces back at my steed, that reduces tameness,

Strangly, no. Ranged attacks do not affect tameness.

> right?).  I eventually found a "oR, but didn't know how to get the
> "oLS off of the ki-rin.  So I've spent some 20000 turns riding through

You can't really, except perhaps conflicting a nymph to steal it, or
polyselfing into an nymph if you are willing to risk untaming it.

> the dungeon on a ki-rin with no name, and a black dragon just fixed
> the issue of getting the "oLS off of the ki-rin.  but now when I try

Black dragon breath goes through the victim monster's possessions and
deletes all of them, except amulets of lif saving (IIRC worn or not).
Next, the monster gets "killed" and life-saved in the monster death
code. Your pet's possessions should not exist anymore, including the
saddle.

> to ride the ki-rin, I'm told that the invisible saddled ki-rin is not
> saddled.  and when I try to apply a new saddle, I get told that he
> doesn't need another one.  When I try to loot the ki-rin, I get no
> message at all (maybe due to MSGTYPE suppression).
> So what do I do?  kill this pet to get my "oR back and wish for a new
> ki-rin?

I don't know, sorry.

> In related news, is the dev team ever going to release a version that
> has all of the bug fixes marked as fixed?

No. But I have no inside knowledge. I am willing to bet an Elbereth
doormat they will not release any "next version" within the next two
years.

Pat Rankin

Oct 21, 2011, 6:41:53 PM10/21/11
On Oct 21, 6:42 am, derekt75 <derek.truesd...@anritsu.com> wrote:
> [...] and a black dragon just fixed
> the issue of getting the "oLS off of the ki-rin.  but now when I try
> to ride the ki-rin, I'm told that the invisible saddled ki-rin is not
> saddled.  and when I try to apply a new saddle, I get told that he
> doesn't need another one.  [...]

C343-176. I think you'll need a brand new steed to get around this.

Capt. Cave Man

Oct 22, 2011, 11:42:12 AM10/22/11
After having a flagon of Black Dragon, no less.