YASAP (Yet Another Speed Ascension Post) T:6480

Rast

Oct 25, 2005, 4:28:40 AM10/25/05

I found a 0:2 /oW at turn 130, so I decided to break the speed record.

The wand went for 3b?C, +2 HOB, +3 jumping boots, bag of holding, and
(when I had enough HP) the Eye. I robbed some shops, went down to
Minetown, gated back to the main dungeon, proceeded down to Sokoban to set
up a stash, then went down a few more levels till I felt I was ready to
teleport to the castle.

I came close to beating the castle, but I gated away when a mmf was
summoned next to me (stupid; I should have dropped my ?oScareMonster). So
I wasted some turns in Minetown and then gated back to the castle.
obtained the wand at turn 3600, a little slower than I would have liked,
but still good.

Back to Sokoban for some polypiling, but it didn't yield a =oConflict, so
I finally broke down and wished for it. My big mistake was not having
enough polyfodder; I should have done the Valley before proceeding. So I
ended up not learning the spell of Magic Mapping, and not noticing until
much later when I was deep in Gehennom.

Did the quest (easy). Gated to the Valley and teleported to the VS level.
Did Rodney. Did Vlad. I still did not have +MagicMapping, but used some
scrolls I had found. Did the invocation, started back up. Wasted at
least a thousand turns trying to map Gehennom by hand, but did not get
far. Finally I spent my final wrest wish on +MagicMapping, and the rest
of the game was smooth. I found a marker and magic lamp on the way up but
didn't use them, although I would have saved some turns if I had.

I had found a HoOA, so I used it on Astral.

Tyyrec is http://alt.org/nethack/ttyrec/Rast/2005-10-22.12:41:21.ttyrec

Rast, chaotic female human Monk

-----
5 ...|
---------..-- ---
44|.......|...-- --
---------..-- ----.----
4 ......| | %-------
----- | |
------ --
| -
---

Rast the Master St:18/31 Dx:15 Co:14 In:10 Wi:16 Ch:9 Chaotic
Astral Plane $:963 HP:115(185) Pw:58(219) AC:-23 Exp:30 T:6480

Your inventory
Wands
f - a wand of sleep (0:6)
r - a wand of probing (0:8)
v - a very rusty wand of teleportation (2:0)
B - a wand of teleportation (0:0)
F - a cursed wand of death (0:0)
J - a thoroughly rusty wand of teleportation (1:0)
X - a wand of digging (0:1)
Tools
b - a blessed greased bag of holding
k - a blessed skeleton key
s - an uncursed very rusty stethoscope
t - an uncursed blindfold
u - a +0 unicorn horn
A - a magic marker (0:89)
E - an uncursed magic lamp
L - a can of grease (0:19)
R - an uncursed magic whistle
S - the Bell of Opening (0:0)
U - the blessed Eyes of the Overworld (being worn)
Z - an uncursed oil lamp
Amulets
h - an uncursed amulet of life saving
y - an uncursed amulet of life saving
C - an uncursed amulet of life saving (being worn)
T - the uncursed Eye of the Aethiopica
Rings
g - a blessed ring of conflict (on left hand)
K - an uncursed ring of free action (on right hand)
Armor
a - a blessed fireproof +5 pair of leather gloves (being worn)
o - a blessed rustproof +5 helm of brilliance
p - a blessed fireproof +4 pair of jumping boots (being worn)
G - a cursed -1 helm of opposite alignment (being worn)
M - a blessed +5 Hawaiian shirt (being worn)
N - a blessed thoroughly burnt +4 robe (being worn)
V - a blessed +4 silver dragon scale mail (being worn)
Potions
q - a blessed diluted potion of extra healing
x - an uncursed potion of confusion
z - an uncursed potion of sickness
I - an uncursed potion of extra healing
W - an uncursed potion of levitation
Y - 3 potions of holy water
Scrolls
D - a blessed scroll of teleportation
H - an uncursed scroll of light
Comestibles
j - an uncursed lizard corpse
O - an uncursed C-ration

Contents of the bag of holding:
an uncursed amulet of life saving
a blessed potion of extra healing
an uncursed potion of blindness
an uncursed potion of gain level
an uncursed potion of speed
an uncursed potion of sickness
an uncursed potion of invisibility
an uncursed potion of polymorph
an uncursed potion of gain energy
an uncursed potion of see invisible
3 uncursed potions of healing
an uncursed potion of extra healing
a potion of unholy water
an uncursed scroll of teleportation
a cursed scroll of create monster
an uncursed scroll of confuse monster
2 uncursed scrolls of create monster
an uncursed scroll of amnesia
an uncursed scroll of identify
a blessed scroll of identify
an uncursed scroll of enchant weapon
2 uncursed scrolls of confuse monster

Final attributes
You were piously aligned
You were fire resistant
You were cold resistant
You were sleep resistant
You were shock resistant
You were poison resistant
You were magic-protected
You saw invisible
You were telepathic
You were warned
You had automatic searching
You were stealthy
You caused conflict
You could jump
You could teleport
You had teleport control
You were levitating
You were protected
You were very fast
You had reflection
You had free action
Your life would have been saved
You survived

Spells known in the end
Name Level Category Fail
a - magic missile 2 attack 0%
b - jumping 1 escape 0%
c - force bolt 1 attack 0%
d - cure blindness 2 healing 0%
e - detect monsters 1 divination 0%
f - polymorph 6 matter 55%
g - fireball 4 attack 0%
h - extra healing 3 healing 0%
i - identify 3 divination 0%
j - levitation 4 escape 0%
k - remove curse 3 clerical 0%
l - sleep 1 enchantment 0%
m - magic mapping 5 divination 0%
n - haste self 3 escape 0%
o - healing 1 healing 0%
p - restore ability 4 healing 0%
q - invisibility 4 escape 0%
r - detect treasure 4 divination 0%
s - protection 1 clerical 0%
t - confuse monster 2 enchantment 0%
u - create monster 2 clerical 0%
v - turn undead 6 clerical 92%
w - light 1 divination 0%
x - stone to flesh 3 healing 0%
y - drain life 2 attack 0%
z - knock 1 matter 0%
A - cause fear 3 enchantment 0%
B - wizard lock 2 matter 0%
C - cure sickness 3 healing 0%

Vanquished creatures
Orcus
Juiblex
The Wizard of Yendor (5 times)
Death
a high priest (4 created)
Master Kaen
Medusa
7 krakens
2 iron golems (5 created)
a master lich
a titan
2 purple worms (5 created)
a gray dragon (8 created)
5 silver dragons (9 created)
a red dragon (8 created)
a white dragon (7 created)
an orange dragon (4 created)
2 black dragons (11 created)
a blue dragon (7 created)
2 green dragons (8 created)
a yellow dragon (4 created)
8 minotaurs (22 created)
a baluchitherium (6 created)
an Angel (30 created)
Vlad the Impaler
3 stone golems (8 created)
3 master mind flayers
2 Olog-hai
2 hell hounds (8 created)
2 titanotheres (7 created)
a baby red dragon
4 disenchanters (8 created)
9 vampire lords (36 created)
10 aligned priests (41 created)
3 liches
a clay golem (5 created)
2 nurses (10 created)
an ice devil (8 created)
a nalfeshnee (5 created)
2 frost giants (8 created)
an ettin (5 created)
a black pudding (7 created)
5 vampires (21 created)
3 lieutenants (7 created)
a ghost (47 created)
a queen bee
3 winged gargoyles (4 created)
3 zruties (7 created)
4 fire giants (12 created)
3 ogre kings (12 created)
a rock troll (12 created)
an Elvenking (4 created)
a doppelganger (2 created)
7 hezrous (14 created)
a wumpus (4 created)
2 fire vortices (9 created)
3 long worms (7 created)
a couatl (6 created)
4 stalkers (11 created)
7 air elementals (18 created)
2 fire elementals (24 created)
6 earth elementals (68 created)
3 hill giants (4 created)
a giant mummy (3 created)
a black naga (2 created)
12 xorns (34 created)
3 giant zombies (15 created)
3 elf-lords (6 created)
7 sergeants (15 created)
a barbed devil (10 created)
2 vrocks (8 created)
11 wargs (18 created)
a small mimic (15 created)
2 warhorses (6 created)
3 steam vortices (8 created)
2 xans (9 created)
an ogre lord (5 created)
4 quantum mechanics (9 created)
2 trolls (4 created)
a sasquatch
an erinys (3 created)
a marilith (2 created)
a djinni (3 created)
4 sharks
4 large dogs
a freezing sphere (2 created)
2 flaming spheres (5 created)
2 shocking spheres (6 created)
a large cat (3 created)
2 tigers (9 created)
a gargoyle (4 created)
a tengu (2 created)
3 energy vortices (9 created)
4 mountain centaurs (11 created)
3 stone giants (8 created)
2 elf mummies
3 green slimes (7 created)
2 pythons (7 created)
2 cobras (27 created)
57 wraiths (96 created)
3 carnivorous apes (4 created)
2 ettin zombies (18 created)
a leather golem
2 Grey-elves (9 created)
27 soldiers (51 created)
a horned devil (7 created)
a succubus
2 incubi
2 chameleons
7 giant beetles (11 created)
6 cockatrices (23 created)
a lynx
a panther
3 gremlins (7 created)
15 leprechauns (27 created)
a giant spider (9 created)
a scorpion (6 created)
2 horses
2 black lights
2 vampire bats (7 created)
3 forest centaurs (8 created)
a gnome king (3 created)
an orc mummy (2 created)
a dwarf mummy
5 rust monsters (12 created)
an owlbear (7 created)
2 piranhas
10 giant eels
3 lizards (4 created)
2 chickatrices (5 created)
2 jaguars (1 created)
a dwarf lord
a blue jelly (5 created)
2 black unicorns (6 created)
2 dust vortices (5 created)
a raven (4 created)
a gnome mummy (4 created)
a snake
17 water moccasins (26 created)
6 human zombies (21 created)
a Woodland-elf
11 soldier ants (14 created)
4 fire ants
2 bugbears
a quasit (2 created)
a wood nymph (2 created)
5 water nymphs (6 created)
2 mountain nymphs
an Uruk-hai
an orc shaman
a woodchuck (0 created)
2 fog clouds (9 created)
3 yellow lights (5 created)
4 gnome lords (9 created)
2 gnomish wizards (4 created)
a Kop Lieutenant (5 created)
a red naga hatchling
a golden naga hatchling
a gray ooze (4 created)
5 elf zombies (21 created)
a ghoul (16 created)
a straw golem
a paper golem
a baby crocodile
8 giant ants (9 created)
3 floating eyes (6 created)
2 dwarves (7 created)
a kobold shaman
a hill orc (4 created)
3 rothes
a giant bat
4 Kop Sergeants (20 created)
5 monkeys
5 orc zombies (11 created)
4 dwarf zombies (23 created)
43 killer bees (48 created)
2 hobbits
13 hobgoblins (14 created)
13 gnomes (22 created)
10 Keystone Kops (51 created)
a garter snake
6 gnome zombies (16 created)
a gecko (2 created)
5 jackals
2 kobolds
3 goblins
a sewer rat
2 grid bugs
a bat (2 created)
a lichen (4 created)
6 kobold zombies (12 created)
2 newts (5 created)
662 creatures vanquished.

Genocided or extinct species:
hobbits
dwarves
bugbears
dwarf lords
dwarf kings
mind flayers
master mind flayers
liches
demiliches
master liches
arch-liches
erinyes (extinct)
jellyfish
piranhas
sharks
giant eels
electric eels
krakens
17 species genocided.
1 species extinct.

Voluntary challenges
You never hit with a wielded weapon
You genocided 17 types of monsters
You polymorphed 161 items
You never changed form
You used 12 wishes

Your skills at the end
Fighting Skills
martial arts [Master]
Weapon Skills
(none)
Spellcasting Skills
attack spells [Basic]
healing spells [Basic]
divination spells [Basic]
enchantment spells [Basic]
escape spells [Basic]
matter spells [Basic]

Goodbye Rast the Demigoddess...
You went to your reward with 889696 points,
The Bell of Opening (worth 5000 zorkmids and 12500 points)
The Eye of the Aethiopica (worth 4000 zorkmids and 10000 points)
The Eyes of the Overworld (worth 2500 zorkmids and 6250 points)
4 amulets of life saving (worth 600 zorkmids),
and 963 pieces of gold, after 6480 moves.
Killer: ascended
You were level 30 with a maximum of 185 hit points when you ascended.

You reached the 1610th place on the top 2000 list.

No Points Name Hp
[max]
1 2147483647 Zadir-Pri-Hum-Fem-Neu died on the Astral Plane.
Killed by overexertion. 4140
[4140]
2 2100989450 art-Wiz-Hum-Mal-Neu ascended to demigod-hood. 21799985
[21800000]
3 2003016348 Babamus-Wiz-Hum-Mal-Cha ascended to demigod-hood. 14888
[14888]

1608 893083 leviathan-Bar-Hum-Mal-Neu died in Gehennom on level
32. Killed by the wrath of Moloch. 37
[213]
1609 891910 heppell-Bar-Orc-Mal-Cha turned to stone in Gehennom
on level 31. Petrified by a cockatrice corpse. 283
[287]
1610 889696 Rast-Mon-Hum-Fem-Cha ascended to demigoddess-hood. 115
[185]
1611 885053 chimprich-Rog-Hum-Mal-Cha turned to stone in
Gehennom on level 43 [max 50]. Petrified by a
chickatrice. 268
[268]
1612 883813 Myrddin-Cav-Dwa-Fem-Law died in Gehennom on level 43
[max 49]. Killed by a storm giant, while helpless. -
[178]

chlorine

Oct 25, 2005, 6:05:49 AM10/25/05

Rast wrote:
> I found a 0:2 /oW at turn 130, so I decided to break the speed record.

<snip ascension details>

Woah, I'm so very impressed. And you say you 'wasted' a thousand
turns in Gehennom, so this means you feel you can break this
record?

> Voluntary challenges
> You never hit with a wielded weapon
> You genocided 17 types of monsters
> You polymorphed 161 items
> You never changed form
> You used 12 wishes

I guess the 'never hit wiht a wielded weapon' goes with the fact
that you played a monk, and that changing forms goes against speed,
but it's still nice to have a speed record _and_ challenges.

chlorine

steveyo

Oct 25, 2005, 7:25:49 AM10/25/05
"Rast" wrote:
> Rast the Master St:18/31 Dx:15 Co:14 In:10 Wi:16 Ch:9 Chaotic
> Astral Plane $:963 HP:115(185) Pw:58(219) AC:-23 Exp:30 T:6480

Dude -

You rock!

--
steveyo

Sammiel

Oct 25, 2005, 8:26:34 AM10/25/05
> Rast the Master

You ain't kidding!

You will regret mentioning those wasted thousand turns when people
start pressing you to sprint a sub-5000'er :)

Seriously, congratulations!

Sam

Indyal

Oct 25, 2005, 9:06:19 AM10/25/05
> You reached the 1610th place on the top 2000 list.

Only 2 ascensions with lower scores on the top 2k list (one of them is
you)

micromoog

Oct 25, 2005, 10:12:35 AM10/25/05
Rast wrote:
> I found a 0:2 /oW at turn 130, so I decided to break the speed record.

> Rast the Master St:18/31 Dx:15 Co:14 In:10 Wi:16 Ch:9 Chaotic

> Astral Plane $:963 HP:115(185) Pw:58(219) AC:-23 Exp:30 T:6480

That is *amazing*. How did you manage to gain so many levels so
quickly?

Douglas Henke

Oct 25, 2005, 10:45:02 AM10/25/05
Rast <ra...@hotmail.com> writes:
> I found a 0:2 /oW at turn 130, so I decided to break the speed record.
>
> Rast the Master St:18/31 Dx:15 Co:14 In:10 Wi:16 Ch:9 Chaotic
> Astral Plane $:963 HP:115(185) Pw:58(219) AC:-23 Exp:30 T:6480
^^^^
I suspect that's a record which is chiefly in danger from yourself.
Congratulations, that's quite an accomplishment.

manchu

Oct 25, 2005, 12:01:21 PM10/25/05
mind-numbingly fast :o

btw...how did you get 'very fast' without speed boots?

-manchu

Erokh

Oct 25, 2005, 1:10:50 PM10/25/05
I would imagine by casting haste self. With the Eye you can make
yourself very fast indefinitely without speed boots.

That's amazingly fast. I tried a speed monk recently where I got an
early wish for the Eye, but it still took me about 15k turns. Did you
use the jumping boots at every opportunity? That seems tedious,
although certainly a fast way to move about.

Rast

Oct 25, 2005, 7:40:09 PM10/25/05

Reverse-genociding of wraiths.

The ttyrec I liked to in my original post,
http://alt.org/nethack/ttyrec/Rast/2005-10-22.12:41:21.ttyrec
is not of that ascension; it's of my previous game (12.3k turn ascension
with no pre-castle wishes). Apparently NAO didn't save a ttyrec for the
new one. Sorry.

--
"Ruleless 'law' will be a political weapon and control of the
judiciary will therefore be a political prize. 'Democracy' will

dtype

Oct 26, 2005, 7:40:32 PM10/26/05
I don't know why it shouldn't have saved a ttyrec. Any chance it is
lumped onto the second half of a different one? Although I don't think
that is technically possible either, since the ttyrec starts once the
game launches from dgamelaunch.

Hmmm..... if dgamelaunch has a condition in which it does not record a
game, it is a bug that I don't yet know about, and would like to find.

-drew

Rast

Oct 26, 2005, 8:06:47 PM10/26/05

It is _possible_ that I didn't end the game properly, maybe by closing
putty before nao disconnected me. But the dumplog is complete,
http://alt.org/nethack/dumplog/Rast.lastgame.txt
so that seems unlikely.

Kevin Wayne

Oct 27, 2005, 12:20:20 AM10/27/05
On 10/26/05 8:06 PM, Rast wrote:
> dtype wrote:
>
>>I don't know why it shouldn't have saved a ttyrec. Any chance it is
>>lumped onto the second half of a different one? Although I don't think
>>that is technically possible either, since the ttyrec starts once the
>>game launches from dgamelaunch.
>>
>>Hmmm..... if dgamelaunch has a condition in which it does not record a
>>game, it is a bug that I don't yet know about, and would like to find.
>

> It is _possible_ that I didn't end the game properly, maybe by closing
> putty before nao disconnected me. But the dumplog is complete,
> http://alt.org/nethack/dumplog/Rast.lastgame.txt
> so that seems unlikely.

Have you *rechecked* the place where it should have been? It seems that
one game that I played wasn't recorded immediately after the game, but
later appeared.

--
Kevin Wayne

"Stark raving sane."