master mind flayers

Haakon Studebaker

Jan 10, 2008, 4:34:32 PM1/10/08
How does one genocide master mind flayers without killing monks?
No seriously, does one use hyphens? Does one have to resort to a blessed
scroll and use "h"? Write it all out in one single word like
mastermindflayer? Put it in quotes? And how the hell is a monk considered a
master under level 30?

Erik

Jan 10, 2008, 5:10:52 PM1/10/08

just "master mind flayer" will work (without quotes). Im not sure
about monks, but dwarves are also h.

Marc Hartstein

Jan 10, 2008, 5:18:34 PM1/10/08

Wizmode testing, "master mind flayer" works, but "master mindflayer"
gets the "No, mortal! That will not be done." message. Are you
leaving out the space between mind and flayer? [No actual quotes
used, of course]

Martin Read

Jan 11, 2008, 10:55:47 AM1/11/08

uncursed (or throne) genocide of "master mind flayer", not "master
mindflayer".
--
\_\/_/ some girls wander by mistake into the mess that scalpels make
\ / are you the teachers of my heart? we teach old hearts to break

Ohle Claussen

Jan 11, 2008, 11:22:28 AM1/11/08
On 2008-01-11, Martin Read wrote:
> Haakon Studebaker <hept...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>How does one genocide master mind flayers without killing monks?
>>No seriously, does one use hyphens? Does one have to resort to a blessed
>>scroll and use "h"? Write it all out in one single word like
>>mastermindflayer? Put it in quotes? And how the hell is a monk considered a
>>master under level 30?
>
> uncursed (or throne) genocide of "master mind flayer", not "master
> mindflayer".

Which seems odd, because they both contain "master" as a single word, which is
what matches the monk rank. Probably "master mindflayer" fails on the exact
match, since that's not how the monster is named, and then an inexact search
somehow returns master as the best (or just first?) match. Or the parser just
tries the first word alone after it failed to match the whole input.

--
Ohle Claussen | GPG-Key-ID E7149169