YAVP: Hill Dwarf Priest

1 view

cyrus....@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2007, 8:12:32 PM12/29/07
My 8th win, and my first ever back-to-back victories, and with a
starting combo that I've played a lot without success.

HDPr is a melee start, but with inferior melee equipment and skills
compared to say HDFi and HDGl. Zin is a niche god; in the opening,
Holy Aura is mainly good for standing against player ghosts that other
classes would have to flee from, and for victory-dancing invocations.
Healing can save your life, but in the opening, Zin piety is hard to
come by, and the inevitable delay in getting Pestilence that using
Healing causes can often be fatal. Two or three killer bees at one's
side make several melee toughies (orc warriors and hydras, I name you)
signifcantly less imposing.

A good tactic for Zin is to descend as slowly as the food supply
permits, thus gaining Zin powers shallower in the dungeon. This makes
an early amulet of the gourmand very nice for Zin priests, and this
game did indeed feature one. Early game survival was also aided by
some curare, without which the orc knights encountered at the entrance
to the Mines would have been far less tractable. Somewhere around
Lair 8 or Lair 9, this character was caught up to about where an HD
Fighter would have been in terms of toughness: he could go toe-to-toe
with hydras without buffing.

Two encounters would have been game over, except that Zin lent a hand
with some protection from harm a number times in a row. On Snake 5, I
berserked against a greater naga in a corridor, and after slaying it,
did not notice that it had tagged me with teleportation (being
berserk, there was nothing I could have done about it even if I had
noticed). Suddenly, I found myself teleported into main chamber,
surrounded by a crowd of greater nagas and naga mages, and the second
incarnation of Boris (there were a total of four in this game). No
stairs were nearby, so I directed my rage against Boris, and shortly
after defeating him, was slow in the middle of the crowd. The first
attempt to teleport out took me only a few steps away, and by the time
the second attempt succeeded, I had been slow, poisoned, guzzling heal
wounds, and when they ran out, healing, for a few turns, with Zin
protecting from harm a number of times. Somewhere in there I was at 3
hit points and poisoned.

The second memorable moment that could have ended the game began when
a dancing weapon of distortion in the hall of blades banished me on
the first hit. After one of the longest runs through the abyss I can
remember, I was being followed by the usual crowd of minor demons, but
with a green draconian knight more or less on my tail. And then,
directly ahead of me, I see an ancient lich. My mistake was summoning
an angel to deal with the draconian while I dealt with the lich,
because having done so, I burned up all of my remaining MP reciting
the Word, which was enough to take the lich down to almost destroyed,
but not enough to finish it. I then had to charge into melee with it,
and by the time it was down, it had summoned two ice fiends, a balrug,
and a green death. Torment happened. I directed my melee against the
ice fiends, the angel joining in but falling quickly. Eventually MP
recharged enough to speak the Word again, which took out the fiends,
and I fled the others on foot while waiting for a teleport to kick
in. Zin again did his part a few times save my butt.

Towards the end, I was rather concerned about insulation, because my
only source of it was a mediocre randart flail. Damage against storm
dragons was unimpressive. This became scary on D:27, when I saw a
storm dragon, a stone giant, and a deep troll together in the open. I
hasted and summoned an Angel, which turned out to be not overkill at
all, because shortly thereafter, a second stone giant and a second
storm dragon joined the fray. Fortunately, shortly thereafter I
pulled a good randart ring with insulation out of a guardian naga
vault on Elf:1, and the resistance situation, while not great, was
enough to finish Zot with careful jewelry juggling. My standard setup
for Zot was an amulet of warding/cold resist/insulation, plus the ring
of Robustness and a +0,+6 ring of slaying, which stacked nicely with
the auxiliary unarmed I'd bootstrapped during a time when I'd been
mutated to have horns. This covered everything but poision, which
could be had by forgoing the ring of slaying when green dracs were
around, but things got interesting when facing yellow dracs or
mutators, which meant using a different amulet. It would have been
easier if I'd had gold dragon armour, but in this game Zot had only
two gold dragons, and neither left a corpse, so the randart plate mail
with fire resistance was the best choice for the end.

Dump follows:

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.2.7 (crawl-ref) character file.

Cyrus the Slayer

Race : Hill Dwarf Res.Fire : + . . See Invis. : .
Class : Priest Res.Cold : + . . Warding : +
Worship : Zin****** Life Prot.: + . . Conserve : .
Level : 27 Res.Poison: . Res.Corr. : .
Exp : 1767935 Res.Elec. : + Saprovore : . . .
Spls.Left : 28
Gold : 3551 Sust.Abil.: . Rnd.Telep. : .
Res.Mut. : . Ctrl.Telep.: .
HP : 290 Res.Slow : . Levitation : .
MP : 36 Clarity : . Ctrl.Flight: .
Str : 31
Int : 9 Weapon : +8,+5 orc dire flail (pierce)
Dex : 15 (16) Armour : +3 plate mail of Pathos {dx1
rf st-}
AC : 44 Shield : -1 dwarf large shield
Evasion : 10 Helmet : +0 spiked helmet
Shield : 14 Cloak : +2 cloak (R-magic)
Gloves : +1 pair of gloves (str)
Play time : 13:31:45 Boots : +0 pair of boots of Tudaj {dx2
acc3 st
Turns : 159624 Amulet : amulet of Pumoroec {ward rc
in}
Ring : +0,+6 ring of slaying
Ring : ring of Robustness

You escaped.
You worship Zin.
Zin is exalted by your worship.
You are not hungry.

Inventory:
Hand weapons
a - a +8,+5 orcish dire flail of piercing (weapon) (1995 gold)
b - the +5,+5 morningstar "Egg" (907 gold)
(You bought it in a shop on level 7 of the Lair of Beasts)
Occasionally upon striking a foe it will discharge some electrical
energy
and cause terrible harm.

// This made the Slime Pits very feasible, which was nice because the
loot was good there, such as the ring of slaying,

B - the +0,+12 Glaive of Prune (1000 gold)
(You found it on level 8 of the Vaults)
It is the creation of a mad god, and carries a curse which
transforms
anyone possessing it into a prune. Fortunately, the curse works
very
slowly, and one can use it briefly with no consequences worse than
slightly
purple skin and a few wrinkles.

// Not used, but retrieved from the Dungeon as a whim.

E - the +4,+6 mace "Undeadhunter" (1145 gold)
(You found it on level 1 of the Vaults)
It is a weapon blessed by Zin, and can inflict up to fourfold
damage when
used against the undead.
It partially protects you from negative energy.

// For character's sake, this was my weapon for cleaning out the
Crypt.

F - a +0,+1 hand axe of venom (105 gold)
Armour
e - a -1 dwarven large shield (worn) (94 gold)
D - the +0 pair of boots of Tudaj (worn) {dx2 acc3 stl} (237 gold)
(You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)
It affects your dexterity (+2).
It affects your accuracy (+3).
It makes you much more stealthy.

H - a +0 spiked helmet (worn) (30 gold)
P - a +2 cloak of magic resistance (worn) (209 gold)
U - the +3 plate mail of Pathos (worn) {dx1 rf st-} (897 gold)
(You bought it in a shop on level 5 of the Lair of Beasts)
It affects your dexterity (+1).
It protects you from fire.
It makes you much less stealthy.

W - a +1 pair of gloves of strength (worn) (119 gold)
Magical devices
n - a wand of healing (5) (300 gold)
p - a wand of cold (13) (232 gold)
s - a wand of fire (9) (216 gold)
x - a wand of paralysis (5) (100 gold)
G - a wand of disintegration (4) (156 gold)
M - a wand of teleportation (11) (280 gold)
R - a wand of random effects (6) (45 gold)
V - a wand of random effects (15) (54 gold)
Comestibles
i - 5 meat rations (200 gold)
Scrolls
O - a scroll of identify (20 gold)
X - 12 scrolls of remove curse (360 gold)
Jewellery
c - an uncursed ring of teleportation (175 gold)
d - an uncursed ring of regeneration (525 gold)
h - a +0,+6 ring of slaying (right hand) (630 gold)
j - an uncursed ring of protection from fire (210 gold)
l - an uncursed ring of teleport control (294 gold)
q - an uncursed ring of poison resistance (210 gold)
r - the ring of Robustness (left hand) (700 gold)
(You bought it in a shop on level 5 of the Snake Pit)
This ring either protects its wearer from harm or makes them more
vulnerable to injury, to a degree dependent on its power.
It affects your AC (+8).
t - an uncursed ring of sustenance (175 gold)
v - an uncursed ring of protection from cold (210 gold)
w - a cursed ring of sustain abilities (105 gold)
y - an uncursed amulet of the gourmand (245 gold)
z - an uncursed amulet of resist corrosion (210 gold)
A - an uncursed ring of protection from magic (280 gold)
C - the amulet of Pumoroec (around neck) {ward rc in} (560 gold)
(You found it on level 7 of the Elven Halls)
This amulet repels some of the attacks of creatures which have
been
magically summoned, and also makes the wearer more resistant to
draining
attacks.
It protects you from cold.
It insulates you from electricity.

I - an uncursed ring of see invisible (140 gold)
K - the uncursed amulet of Hafaazuy {rmut ev-1 st3 stl} (385 gold)
(You found it on level 7 of the Elven Halls)
This amulet protects its wearer from mutations, although not
infallibly so.
It affects your evasion (-1).
It affects your strength (+3).
It makes you more stealthy.

L - the uncursed amulet "Hefi" {con dx1 bl} (308 gold)
(You found it on level 7 of the Vaults)
This amulet protects some of the possessions of its wearer from
outright
destruction, but not infallibly so.
It affects your dexterity (+1).
It lets you blink.

N - an uncursed amulet of clarity (210 gold)
T - an uncursed amulet of resist slowing (210 gold)
Y - the ring of the Lobster {dx4 in lev} (721 gold)
(You found it on level 1 of the Elven Halls)
This ring increases or decreases the dexterity of its wearer,
depending on
the degree to which it has been enchanted.
It affects your dexterity (+5).
It insulates you from electricity.
It lets you levitate.

Potions
g - a potion of heal wounds (30 gold)
k - 15 potions of healing (300 gold)
m - 4 potions of restore abilities (200 gold)
u - a potion of cure mutation (150 gold)
Orbs of Power
Q - the Orb of Zot (250000 gold)
Miscellaneous
f - a slimy rune of Zot (10000 gold)
o - a serpentine rune of Zot (10000 gold)
J - a silver rune of Zot (10000 gold)
S - a decaying rune of Zot (10000 gold)

You have 19773 experience left.

Skills:
* Level 27 Fighting
* Level 27 Maces & Flails
+ Level 1 Slings
+ Level 1 Darts
+ Level 19 Armour
+ Level 14 Dodging
- Level 1 Stealth
- Level 1 Stabbing
+ Level 25 Shields
+ Level 14 Unarmed Combat
- Level 1 Spellcasting
+ Level 14 Invocations
+ Level 9 Evocations

You have 28 spell levels left.
You don't know any spells.

Overview of the Dungeon

Branches: (use Ctrl-G to reach them)
Temple: D:6 Orc : D:6 Elf : Orc:4 Lair : D:13
Swamp : Lair:7 Slime : Lair:6 Snake : Lair:6 Hive : D:14
Vault : D:14 Blade : Vault:4 Crypt : Vault:3 Tomb : Crypt:3
Zot : D:27

Altars: (use Ctrl-F "altar" to reach them)
Xom: Snake:5
Vehumet: Elf:2
Okawaru: Orc:4
Trog: D:6, D:26

Shops: (use Ctrl-F "shop" to reach them)
D:8: ( D:10: * D:17: ( D:18: * D:19: * D:21: [ D:26: /=+* Orc:
1: ?
Elf:3: ( Lair:4: ( Lair:5: !??%[ Lair:6: = Lair:7: ( Lair:9: *
Snake:5: =
Vault:1: [ Vault:3: +

Portals:
Hell: D:21 D:22 D:23 D:24 D:25 D:26 D:27
Abyss: D:23 D:25
Pan: D:23 D:24

Message History

You climb upwards.
You see here a knife.
There is a stone staircase leading upwards here.
Are you sure you want to leave the Dungeon?
[Y]es or [N]o only, please.
Are you sure you want to leave the Dungeon?
You have escaped!

#....#..#'#..#####(#####.# ###
#.#######.########.#####.######.#
................................#
#.##.###########.#######.########
#.##.#....# ###'### #.#
#.##.#..#.# ##.....## #.#
#.##.'..<.# #.....).# #.#
#.####..#.# #..###..# #.#
#.# #....# ##..@..## #.########
#.######### ####### #.........
#...####.# #.........
.........# #.........
....###### #.########
....# #.# #
....####################.########
.........)............>..........
....####################.########

Vanquished Creatures
2 ancient liches
Boris (4 times) (Snake:3 Snake:5 D:21 D:26)

// At this rate, I was certain the red L would show up again on Zot 5,
but I was spared this complication.

An orb of fire (Zot:5)
Norris (D:24)
Margery (Crypt:5)
A royal jelly (Slime:6)
A Killer Klown (Zot:5)
Tiamat (Zot:3)
The ghost of Cyrus the Archmage, a legendary DEFE (Zot:3)

// No way of knowing if this was the one that got fried by the
electric golem, or mangled by the golden dragon. Still, glad to let
myself rest in peace.

Xtahua (Snake:3)

// With her and two Borises, yes, Snake was challenging.

An electric golem (Zot:3)
Duane (D:26)
The ghost of TomWaits the Destroyer, a great DSFE (Swamp:4)
Rupert (D:26)
3 golden dragons
A golden dragon (shapeshifter) (Vault:5)
2 titans (Vault:8)
An acid blob (shapeshifter) (Vault:6)
A curse skull (Crypt:5)
18 acid blobs
Frances (Zot:5)
12 Orb Guardians (Zot:5)
A quicksilver dragon (shapeshifter) (Vault:8)
A lich (Crypt:5)
Francis (Crypt:1)
A sphinx (D:20)
26 storm dragons
7 shadow dragons
5 azure jellies
Louise (Swamp:2)
5 draconian monks
A Balrug (D:24)
2 Ice Fiends (Abyss)
4 draconian zealots
6 skeletal dragons
3 frost giants
6 draconian knights
6 draconian annihilators
24 tentacled monstrosities
4 fire giants
27 stone giants
4 draconian scorchers
A draconian shifter (Zot:4)
A stone giant (shapeshifter) (Vault:5)
A Pit Fiend (Zot:4)
4 draconian callers
3 Green Deaths
6 deep elf annihilators
5 red draconians
A Blue Death (Elf:7)
4 purple draconians
5 yellow draconians
2 greater nagas (Snake:5)
6 black draconians
7 pale draconians
12 white draconians
8 green draconians
7 deep elf death magi
5 mottled draconians
4 deep elf sorcerers
A minotaur (Lab)
A dragon (shapeshifter) (Vault:8)
The ghost of oniyuri the Slicer, a powerful HuPa (D:12)
24 vault guards (Vault:7)
15 dragons
8 great orbs of eyes
13 ogre-magi
28 yaktaur captains
Josephine (D:18)
5 death oozes
9 ice dragons
The ghost of oniyuri the Cutter, a powerful KoAs (D:12)
9 death cobs
A hydra (shapeshifter) (Elf:4)
Harold (Vault:4)
A grey snake (shapeshifter) (Vault:7)
9 death yaks
37 hydras
6 deep elf demonologists (Elf:7)
3 grey snakes
A deep elf high priest (Elf:7)
A rakshasa (shapeshifter) (D:15)
21 giant amoebae
2 griffons (shapeshifter)
An orc high priest (Orc:4)
22 centaur warriors
2 giant amoebae (shapeshifter)
2 shadow dragon skeletons
7 griffons
2 sun demons (Abyss)
13 deep trolls
An iron golem (Vault:3)
A deep troll (shapeshifter) (D:20)
A shadow wraith (Crypt:3)
25 deep elf knights
19 naga warriors
4 soul eaters
4 ice devils
83 skeletal warriors
68 dancing weapons (Blade)
Joseph (Vault:2)
A fire giant skeleton (D:26)
6 frost giant skeletons
An iron troll skeleton (D:23)
12 stone giant skeletons
2 death drakes
3 hell knights (Crypt:5)
2 iron trolls (shapeshifter) (D:27)
3 iron trolls
5 unseen horrors
2 giant orange brains
14 swamp dragons
9 flayed ghosts
2 vampire magi
2 necromancers (Crypt:5)
3 red wasps
12 orc knights
23 hill giants
3 guardian nagas
5 spectral warriors
Urug (D:11)
2 spiny worms
2 death yak skeletons
A storm dragon skeleton (D:24)
A hellion (Zot:5)
32 moths of wrath
3 wolf spiders
A spiny worm (shapeshifter) (D:21)
2 Lorocyprocas (Abyss)
4 shining eyes
Michael (Vault:2)
5 eyes of devastation
9 mimics
2 orc sorcerers
21 black snakes
45 giant brown frogs
23 hellwings
124 slime creatures
The ghost of oniyuri the Reanimator, an experienced DENe (D:6)
8 rock trolls
A reaper (D:10)
67 yaktaurs
14 smoke demons
7 very ugly things
2 guardian mummies
A yaktaur (shapeshifter) (D:22)
2 dragon skeletons (Crypt:4)
2 griffon skeletons
2 ice dragon skeletons
9 spiny worm skeletons
A very ugly thing skeleton (Vault:8)
12 cyclopes
Donald (D:11)
A fire giant simulacrum (Vault:6)
A stone giant simulacrum (Abyss)
A golden dragon zombie (Crypt:3)
An elf (shapeshifter) (Vault:7)
6 giant snails
18 naga magi
17 trolls
3 giant snails (shapeshifter)
2 efreeti
6 komodo dragons
2 grey snake skeletons (Abyss)
2 hill giant skeletons
4 rock troll skeletons
A shadow dragon zombie (Crypt:1)
113 ugly things
A queen bee (Hive:4)
3 ettins
31 brown oozes
A grizzly bear (shapeshifter) (Vault:2)
2 fire giant zombies
A frost giant zombie (Vault:5)
An iron troll zombie (D:20)
6 stone giant zombies
12 spiny frogs
16 giant goldfish
8 bumblebees (D:24)
31 blink frogs
A death yak simulacrum (Crypt:3)
A demonic crawler (Abyss)
A grizzly bear (Lair:7)
70 yaks
5 deep troll skeletons
25 deep elf conjurers
A blue devil (Elf:7)
A hippogriff (shapeshifter) (Vault:7)
5 hippogriffs
12 hungry ghosts
9 large abominations
25 two-headed ogres
6 giant slugs
A giant slug (shapeshifter) (D:27)
12 vampires
5 firedrakes
7 ynoxinuls
20 deep elf summoners
24 giant blowflies
A bear (Lair:6)
2 mottled draconian zombies
16 neqoxecs
2 storm dragon zombies
3 white draconian zombies (Zot:3)
A yellow draconian zombie (Zot:3)
2 boulder beetle skeletons
A death drake skeleton (Crypt:1)
A lindwurm skeleton (Crypt:3)
A clay golem (Vault:4)
6 yellow snakes
4 water elementals (D:27)
31 deep elf fighters
A soldier ant (shapeshifter) (Vault:8)
5 soldier ants
22 wraiths
6 orange demons
60 insubstantial wisps
6 wyverns
A minotaur zombie (Crypt:5)
A queen ant zombie (Abyss)
A lava worm (Zot:2)
36 swamp worms
22 deep elf priests
16 big kobolds
8 freezing wraiths
2 giant brown frog skeletons
A guardian naga skeleton (Vault:4)
22 ugly thing skeletons
4 hell hounds
4 mottled dragons
A mottled dragon (shapeshifter) (D:23)
A griffon zombie (Crypt:5)
3 ice beasts (D:14)
An ice dragon zombie (Vault:5)
6 spiny worm zombies
2 very ugly thing zombies
51 ogres
31 centaurs
A beast (D:20)
4 red devils
34 necrophages
2 boring beetles
2 phantoms
9 gila monsters
87 nagas
2 giant lizards (shapeshifter) (Vault:8)
2 grey snake zombies
2 hill giant zombies
3 rock troll zombies
A black snake skeleton (Crypt:3)
2 bumblebee skeletons
11 giant lizards
2 human skeletons
A queen bee skeleton (Vault:8)
2 yak skeletons
A rotting devil (D:8)
4 wargs
A wolf (Lair:1)
26 deep elf magi
2 brain worms (Vault:2)
A war dog (Lair:7)
33 giant frogs
18 swamp drakes
49 brown snakes
Blork the orc (D:8)
5 deep troll zombies
36 orc warriors
4 boulder beetles
A boulder beetle (shapeshifter) (Vault:8)
7 eyes of draining
A firedrake skeleton (Crypt:3)
A redback skeleton (Vault:7)
A soldier ant skeleton (Crypt:3)
219 killer bees
7 ghouls
2 ugly thing simulacra
A yaktaur simulacrum (D:21)
4 boulder beetle zombies
7 cyclops zombies
A death drake zombie (Crypt:3)
A lindwurm zombie (Crypt:4)
2 swamp dragon zombies (Crypt:3)
12 big fish
A pulsating lump (shapeshifter) (D:27)
7 jellyfish
A naga skeleton (Crypt:5)
16 ugly thing zombies
A yaktaur zombie (Vault:8)
19 imps
18 wights
2 giant beetles
20 orc priests
10 giant ants
23 hounds
50 deep elf soldiers
34 orc wizards
19 sheep
25 orange rats
A quasit (D:14)
A black snake zombie (Lair:10)
3 bumblebee zombies
An ettin zombie (D:14)
9 human zombies
4 spiny frog zombies
2 yak zombies
A redback simulacrum (Vault:2)
3 scorpions
25 electrical eels
20 giant iguanas
10 lava snakes (Zot:2)
4 shadows
An elf skeleton (Crypt:1)
A swamp drake skeleton (Crypt:5)
11 abominations
3 blink frog zombies
12 boggarts
11 elf zombies
4 firedrake zombies
2 redback zombies
A soldier ant zombie (D:27)
27 jellies
A human simulacrum (Crypt:5)
A wyvern simulacrum (Crypt:3)
8 flying skulls
72 snakes
4 gnolls (D:9)
3 big kobold zombies
13 giant centipedes
4 giant lizard zombies
18 lemures
A mottled dragon zombie (Crypt:4)
An ogre zombie (Vault:8)
2 worm zombies
A giant ant skeleton (Crypt:4)
2 orange rat skeletons (Crypt:4)
3 shadow imps
16 white imps
5 worms
2 giant mites
13 midges
52 green rats
21 manes
3 mummies
2 brown snake zombies
2 giant frog zombies
A swamp drake zombie (Zot:3)
A war dog zombie (Crypt:1)
4 butterflies
15 oozes
Jessica (D:3)
A giant centipede skeleton (D:16)
5 giant eyeballs
A gnoll skeleton (Crypt:5)
A green rat skeleton (Crypt:1)
3 giant ant zombies
A giant eyeball zombie (D:24)
A hound zombie (Zot:3)
A killer bee zombie (Zot:3)
An orange rat zombie (Zot:3)
34 ufetubi
61 giant bats
8 giant cockroaches
13 giant geckos
33 giant mosquitos
145 grey rats
30 hobgoblins
24 jackals
185 orcs
11 quokkas
65 rats
An ant larva zombie (Zot:4)
2 butterfly zombies
2 giant bat skeletons (Crypt:3)
A giant bat zombie (Zot:4)
A giant centipede zombie (D:8)
A giant mite zombie (Zot:3)
12 giant newts
18 goblins
A goblin skeleton (Crypt:2)
A grey rat zombie (Zot:3)
7 illusory rakshasas
52 killer bee larvae
39 kobolds
3 kobold skeletons
7 orc skeletons
11 orc zombies
A rat skeleton (Crypt:1)
2 rat zombies (Lair:10)
3 small snakes
2 snake zombies
2 fungi
An orange crystal statue (D:23)
3 plants
A silver statue (D:23)
4243 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
4 Orb Guardians (Zot:5)
A shadow dragon (Zot:2)
A draconian shifter (Zot:3)
A stone giant (D:27)
Norbert (Vault:1)
A death cob (Zot:2)
A deep troll (D:27)
An iron troll (D:27)
A spectral warrior (D:27)
A troll (Vault:1)
A giant slug (Lair:7)
A giant lizard (Lair:7)
2 war dogs (Lair:7)
An orc wizard (D:27)
3 grey rats (Lair:7)
2 orcs (Vault:1)
An illusory rakshasa (Abyss)
24 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
An acid blob (Slime:5)
A draconian monk (Zot:2)
A draconian knight (Zot:4)
3 Angels
A draconian caller (Zot:3)
A green draconian (Zot:4)
2 dragons
An ogre-mage (Vault:5)
A death cob (Zot:3)
A deep elf high priest (Elf:7)
A soul eater (Elf:7)
2 deep elf knights
2 slime creatures
3 moths of wrath
A yaktaur (D:26)
A spiny frog (Lair:6)
A brown ooze (Slime:5)
A blue devil (Zot:5)
A ynoxinul (Zot:3)
2 deep elf fighters
3 giant blowflies
3 ogres
2 centaurs
2 necrophages (Zot:3)
A rotting devil (Zot:5)
A naga (Snake:5)
A brown snake (Snake:5)
A giant frog (Swamp:3)
A killer bee (Lair:5)
An eye of draining (D:14)
3 jellyfish
A hound (D:10)
A wight (Zot:3)
6 deep elf soldiers
A quasit (D:11)
3 giant ants
2 giant iguanas
A sheep (Lair:8)
A scorpion (Lair:5)
A jelly (Slime:4)
A brain worm zombie (D:10)
2 lemures
3 snakes
A worm (Swamp:4)
A shadow imp (Abyss)
A giant centipede (Lair:1)
A mummy (Crypt:4)
2 green rats (Lair:6)
An elf zombie (Elf:5)
8 ufetubi
A giant gecko (D:10)
A giant mosquito (Swamp:3)
7 grey rats
11 orcs
A quokka (Lair:2)
2 giant bats
A goblin (D:6)
2 killer bee larvae
11 kobolds
An orc skeleton (Vault:3)
An orc zombie (Zot:3)
6 rats
130 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 4397 creatures vanquished

Notes
| Turn |Location | Note
| 0 | D:1 | Cyrus, the Hill Dwarf Priest, began the quest for
the Orb.
| 0 | D:1 | Reached XP level 1. HP: 13/13 MP: 1/1
| 148 | D:1 | Reached XP level 2. HP: 10/21 MP: 2/2
| 620 | D:1 | Reached XP level 3. HP: 25/28 MP: 3/4
| 2057 | D:2 | Reached XP level 4. HP: 31/37 MP: 4/4
| 3243 | D:2 | Acquired Zin's second power
| 3921 | D:3 | Noticed Jessica
| 3930 | D:3 | Defeated Jessica
| 4033 | D:3 | Reached XP level 5. HP: 41/46 MP: 5/6
| 6164 | D:4 | Reached XP level 6. HP: 46/50 MP: 7/7
| 6869 | D:4 | Reached XP level 7. HP: 56/58 MP: 9/9
| 7172 | D:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
| 8780 | D:6 | Noticed an orc knight
| 8821 | D:6 | Defeated an orc knight
| 8821 | D:6 | Reached XP level 8. HP: 21/68 MP: 12/12
| 9096 | D:6 | Noticed an orc priest
| 9114 | D:6 | Noticed an orc priest
| 9114 | D:6 | Defeated an orc priest
| 9129 | D:6 | Defeated an orc priest
| 9844 | D:6 | Noticed an orc knight
| 9897 | D:6 | Defeated an orc knight
| 9897 | D:6 | Reached XP level 9. HP: 59/74 MP: 13/14
| 10343 | D:6 | Defeated oniyuri's ghost
| 10678 | D:6 | orc mine entrance on D:6. 2 knights, several
warriors, fortunately distributed.
| 10823 | D:7 | Noticed an orc priest
| 10840 | D:7 | Defeated an orc priest
| 11380 | D:7 | Identified the +1 pair of boots "Shazipof" (You
found it on level 7 of the Dungeon)
| 11578 | D:7 | Reached XP level 10. HP: 64/87 MP: 16/16
| 12050 | D:8 | Noticed Blork the orc
| 12063 | D:8 | Defeated Blork the orc
| 14835 | D:10 | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
| 17053 | D:10 | Reached XP level 11. HP: 34/98 MP: 19/19
| 18718 | D:11 | Noticed Donald
| 18739 | D:11 | Defeated Donald
| 18975 | D:11 | Noticed Urug
| 18993 | D:11 | Defeated Urug
| 20655 | D:12 | Defeated oniyuri's ghost
| 20684 | D:12 | Defeated oniyuri's ghost
| 21297 | D:12 | Reached XP level 12. HP: 79/110 MP: 20/20
| 23959 | Lair:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
| 26869 | Lair:1 | Acquired Zin's third power
| 36095 | Lair:3 | Acquired Zin's fourth power
| 39321 | Lair:5 | Reached XP level 13. HP: 110/122 MP: 11/22
| 41152 | Lair:5 | Gained mutation: You have tough skin (AC +1).
| 41252 | Lair:5 | Identified the +3 plate mail of Pathos (You bought
it in a shop on level 5 of the Lair of Beasts)
| 45174 | Lair:1 | Gained mutation: You are resistant to magic.
| 45174 | Lair:1 | Gained mutation: You are partially covered in
yellow scales (AC + 2).
| 45174 | Lair:1 | Gained mutation: You have a fast metabolism.
| 45176 | Lair:1 | Lost mutation: You are resistant to magic.
| 45176 | Lair:1 | Lost mutation: You are partially covered in yellow
scales (AC + 2).
| 45176 | Lair:1 | Lost mutation: You have tough skin (AC +1).
| 45176 | Lair:1 | Lost mutation: You have a fast metabolism.
| 45329 | Lair:9 | Reached XP level 14. HP: 120/134 MP: 25/25
| 46538 | Lair:8 | Identified the cursed -1 chain mail of Bodily
Harmony (You found it on level 8 of the Lair of Beasts)
| 46584 | Lair:10 | Entered Level 10 of the Lair of Beasts
| 47887 | Lair:10 | Acquired Zin's fifth power
| 49068 | Orc:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
| 50459 | Orc:4 | Entered Level 4 of the Orcish Mines
| 53929 | D:14 | Reached XP level 15. HP: 126/144 MP: 12/26
| 54379 | Hive:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Hive
| 56854 | Hive:4 | Entered Level 4 of the Hive
| 59685 | Snake:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Snake Pit
| 59732 | Snake:1 | Identified the +5,+5 morningstar "Egg" (You bought
it in a shop on level 7 of the Lair of Beasts)
| 62850 | Snake:2 | Reached XP level 16. HP: 146/151 MP: 27/27
| 63396 | Snake:3 | Noticed Xtahua
| 63588 | Snake:3 | Defeated Xtahua
| 63619 | Snake:3 | Xtahua decided to firebolt my Angel, giving me
time to kill her.
| 65172 | Snake:3 | Noticed Boris
| 65188 | Snake:3 | Defeated Boris
| 67375 | Snake:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Snake Pit
| 68053 | Snake:5 | Noticed Boris
| 68073 | Snake:5 | Defeated Boris
| 68073 | Snake:5 | Reached XP level 17. HP: 130/241 MP: 28/28
| 68082 | Snake:5 | HP: 7/161 [greater naga/bolt of poison (3)]
| 68082 | Snake:5 | HP: 3/161 [naga mage/bolt of poison (1)]
| 68106 | Snake:4 | A very lucky break. I berserk against a greater
naga.
| 68106 | Snake:4 | It gets an offensive teleport on me before I kill
it, and I don't notice it to cancel.
| 68106 | Snake:4 | I land among a crowd of greater nagas and
mages ... and the second coming of Boris.
| 68106 | Snake:4 | No brown stairs in sight.
| 68106 | Snake:4 | As long as I'm berserk, I take down Boris II, but
soon after, I'm slow among the crowd, and taking damage hard.
| 68106 | Snake:4 | My first escape teleport takes me only a short
distance away, so I read a second scroll. I am still slow.
| 68106 | Snake:4 | I swill all the heal wounds and healing I have,
while Zin does a few protections from harm in a row.
| 68106 | Snake:4 | Finally I teleport to safety. I know I was down
to 3 hp, and poisoned, in there somewhere.
> [...]
| 70831 | Swamp:2 | Gained mutation: You are dopey (Int -1).
| 70973 | Swamp:2 | Gained mutation: You are clumsy (Dex -1).
| 71073 | Swamp:2 | Gained mutation: You have a pair of small horns on
your head.
| 71134 | Swamp:2 | Final tally: dopey, clumsy, horns.
| 71134 | Swamp:2 | I'll cope for now.
| 71142 | Swamp:2 | Noticed Louise
| 71165 | Swamp:2 | Defeated Louise
| 73666 | Swamp:4 | Defeated TomWaits's ghost
| 75287 | Swamp:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Swamp
| 75867 | Swamp:5 | Reached XP level 18. HP: 150/171 MP: 28/28
| 78923 | Snake:5 | Identified the ring of Robustness (You bought it
in a shop on level 5 of the Snake Pit)
| 79310 | Vault:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Vaults
| 79774 | Vault:1 | Identified the +4,+6 mace "Undeadhunter" (You
found it on level 1 of the Vaults)
| 79880 | Vault:1 | Noticed Norbert
| 79893 | Vault:1 | Defeated Norbert
| 80557 | Vault:2 | Noticed Michael
| 80979 | Vault:2 | Noticed Joseph
| 80988 | Vault:2 | Defeated Joseph
| 81047 | Vault:2 | Reached XP level 19. HP: 146/183 MP: 30/30
| 81350 | Vault:2 | Defeated Michael
| 83990 | Vault:4 | Noticed Harold
| 84004 | Vault:4 | Defeated Harold
| 87264 | Vault:6 | Reached XP level 20. HP: 193/198 MP: 31/31
| 88182 | D:15 | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
| 91736 | D:18 | Noticed Josephine
| 91749 | D:18 | Defeated Josephine
| 92218 | D:18 | Gained mutation: Your muscles are strong (Str +1).
| 92271 | Lab | Entered a Labyrinth
| 92562 | D:19 | I like hill dwarves, and I have a completionist
bent about them.
| 92562 | D:19 | Plus I'm on a streak.
| 92562 | D:19 | No sense in playing the new game when its newness
might kill me.
| 93984 | D:20 | Entered Level 20 of the Dungeon
| 95657 | Vault:6 | Identified the +0,+3 flail of Sirorch (You found
it on level 20 of the Dungeon)
| 96634 | Vault:7 | Reached XP level 21. HP: 203/210 MP: 32/32
| 97049 | Vault:7 | Identified the uncursed amulet "Hefi" (You found
it on level 7 of the Vaults)
| 97885 | Crypt:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Crypt
| 98358 | Crypt:1 | Noticed Francis
| 98376 | Crypt:1 | Defeated Francis
| 102173 | Crypt:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Crypt
| 102486 | Crypt:5 | Reached XP level 22. HP: 142/222 MP: 32/32
| 102643 | Crypt:5 | Noticed Margery
| 103911 | Crypt:5 | Defeated Margery
| 104684 | Blade | Entered the Hall of Blades
| 105057 | Blade | Cast into the Abyss (halberd)
| 105057 | Abyss | Entered The Abyss
| 105234 | Abyss | Gained mutation: You occasionally forget where
you are.
| 105573 | Abyss | Gained mutation: You digest meat inefficiently.
| 105988 | Abyss | HP: 2/225 [Balrug/divine providence (10)]
| 105993 | Abyss | HP: 7/225 [Ice Fiend/torment (4)]
| 105999 | Abyss | Gained mutation: You sometimes forget where you
are.
| 106003 | Abyss | Gained mutation: Your vision is a little blurry.
| 107090 | Lair:1 | Hi, I kind of wanted to complete a HD with each
god that it was practical to do so with when the dev team killed the
race.
| 107090 | Lair:1 | So not indefinitely, but given my win rate,
probably for a long time.
| 107090 | Lair:1 | If you need to take it off the server, I guess I
could carry out my plan with local games.
| 107090 | Lair:1 | Thanks.
| 107090 | Lair:1 | Heh. Thanks again.
| 107096 | Lair:1 | Lost mutation: Your vision is a little blurry.
| 107096 | Lair:1 | Lost mutation: You sometimes forget where you
are.
| 107096 | Lair:1 | Lost mutation: Your muscles are strong (Str +1).
| 107096 | Lair:1 | Lost mutation: You are dopey (Int -1).
| 107096 | Lair:1 | Lost mutation: You have a pair of small horns on
your head.
| 107096 | Lair:1 | Lost mutation: You occasionally forget where you
are.
| 107097 | Lair:1 | Lost mutation: You are clumsy (Dex -1).
| 107097 | Lair:1 | Lost mutation: You digest meat inefficiently.
| 107603 | Blade | Reached XP level 23. HP: 127/234 MP: 34/34
| 109463 | D:21 | Noticed Boris
| 109463 | D:21 | You again
| 109476 | D:21 | Defeated Boris
| 112166 | D:23 | Reached XP level 24. HP: 238/242 MP: 35/35
| 112897 | D:24 | Noticed Norris
| 112930 | D:24 | Defeated Norris
| 114264 | D:25 | Entered Level 25 of the Dungeon
| 115351 | D:26 | Noticed Boris
| 115367 | D:25 | I flee the fourth Boris, after being worn down by
a storm dragon.
| 115768 | D:26 | Defeated Boris
| 116438 | D:26 | Noticed Duane
| 116447 | D:26 | Defeated Duane
| 117916 | D:26 | Noticed Rupert
| 117940 | D:26 | Defeated Rupert
| 118181 | D:27 | Entered Level 27 of the Dungeon
| 118293 | D:27 | Reached XP level 25. HP: 254/260 MP: 35/35
| 120771 | Elf:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Elven Halls
| 121884 | Elf:1 | Identified the ring of the Lobster (You found it
on level 1 of the Elven Halls)
| 128774 | Vault:8 | Entered Level 8 of the Vaults
| 128968 | Vault:7 | Reached XP level 26. HP: 229/273 MP: 36/36
| 131047 | Vault:8 | Identified the +0 plate mail "Wiomygyo" (You
found it on level 8 of the Vaults)
| 131096 | Vault:8 | Identified the +4,+4 morningstar "Zubbaci" {ac5
rc hu} (You found it on level 8 of the Vaults)
| 132210 | Vault:8 | Identified the amulet "Ogigru Skues" (You found
it on level 8 of the Vaults)
| 132245 | Vault:8 | Gained mutation: You occasionally forget where
you are.
| 132309 | Vault:8 | Identified the +1 pair of boots of Compression
(You found it on level 8 of the Vaults)
| 132614 | Vault:8 | Gained mutation: Your vision is a little blurry.
| 133261 | Vault:7 | Lost mutation: Your vision is a little blurry.
| 133261 | Vault:7 | Lost mutation: You occasionally forget where you
are.
| 134594 | Elf:7 | Entered Level 7 of the Elven Halls
| 135452 | Elf:7 | Reached XP level 27. HP: 205/285 MP: 33/36
| 137660 | Elf:7 | Identified the uncursed amulet of Hafaazuy (You
found it on level 7 of the Elven Halls)
| 138645 | Lair:1 | Identified the uncursed amulet of Pumoroec (You
found it on level 7 of the Elven Halls)
| 138654 | Lair:1 | Identified the uncursed ring "Qanwec" (You
acquired it on level 1 of the Lair of Beasts)
| 138767 | Slime:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Pits of Slime
| 139797 | Slime:3 | Gained mutation: You have a fast metabolism.
| 139840 | Slime:3 | Gained mutation: Your vision is a little blurry.
| 141189 | Slime:5 | My randart morningstar is nice against them.
| 141189 | Slime:5 | Often, the sparks kill them before they know they
ought to be running.
| 141189 | Slime:5 | Where I get hurt by blobs is when they run away
and still spit at me.
| 141425 | Slime:4 | That could have been a much worse mistake.
| 142162 | Slime:6 | Entered Level 6 of the Pits of Slime
| 143447 | Slime:6 | Gained mutation: You are dopey (Int -1).
| 143536 | Slime:6 | sweet.
| 143546 | Slime:6 | Identified the cursed +0 pair of boots of Tudaj
(You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)
| 143730 | Slime:6 | Identified the ring of Khar (You found it on
level 6 of the Pits of Slime)
| 144484 | Zot:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Realm of Zot
| 145468 | Zot:1 | Identified the +3,+5 flail "Facyuj" (You found it
on level 1 of the Realm of Zot)
| 147902 | Zot:3 | Defeated Cyrus's ghost
| 149253 | Zot:3 | Noticed Tiamat
| 149270 | Zot:3 | Gained mutation: Your vision is quite blurry.
| 149275 | Zot:3 | Defeated Tiamat
| 152863 | Zot:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Realm of Zot
| 154441 | Zot:5 | Noticed Frances
| 154460 | Zot:5 | Defeated Frances
| 156468 | Vault:1 | Identified the cursed +0 plate mail of
Decompression (You bought it in a shop on level 1 of the Vaults)