Interested in JauntTrooper/Doomsday 2000 series

getter77

Dec 30, 2008, 10:34:55 PM12/30/08
I've been meaning to post at least a portion of this here for some
time now, but due to then and ongoing personal issues I've been unable
to. Here's some of the skinny:

I want to play through this series of unique Roguelike games---but
they appear to be very hard to get ahold of. There's actually a
couple of us, others know who ye may be, that I'm writing this on
behalf of. So far I've/we've got:

-Jaunt Trooper Mission: Thunderbolt for PC in a full working dealie
-Jaunt Trooper Mission: Firestorm for MAC in a presumed working
dealie (backlog...and I need to figure out MAC emulation on a WinXp
machine and this Stuffit! thingie..)

What I lack utterly:

-Jaunt Trooper Mission: Thunderbolt for MAC (series intends to carry
clear characters over)
-Enitre JauntTrooper/Doomsday 2000 series for the DEC
Machines...including the unported Mission: Quicksilver. With at
least the MAC port of part 1, if all goes well, there can be something
of an "intended" playthrough----but by all reckoning there is left
Quicksilver ramps up on the quality and all so I think one can see the
ultimate dilemma.

Upon somehow getting and being able to run all of these games,
especially the Trilogy that was a would-be..Quadrilogy..(?), next
there would arise an ambitious project for posting in the /dev group
once a playerbase was assembled for this series that is perhaps the
biggest example in all of commercial Roguelike history of "wrong
timing, bad luck"---an RNG gone amuck.

This group may well be the last chance for all of this to maintain and
gain momentum----we're pretty much outta magic on our ends.

I'm going to try and post much more on here and in the coming months
and years as I will likely become very active within the Roguelike
community in a variety of baffling and, as most would guess it,
unheard of and insane ways.

I appreciate all help anybody can offer and hope I can luck out and
come across the right knowledgeable folk. A less concise, but perhaps
meatier original call to arms on this is posted over at www.roguetemple.com

-Brian

getter77

Jan 13, 2009, 10:11:10 PM1/13/09
It was brought to my attention that my OP was lacking a bit in terms
of communication skills, for this I apologize and seek to amend.

http://www.roguetemple.com/forums/index.php?topic=258.0

The above is the direct link to my lucid, and at times nigh fanatical,
call to arms on this notion of saving this game from the abyss of
digital rot and such. If there is any group out there on this earth
that cares about older Roguelikes, then surely this is a worthy object
of their affections.

-Thunderbolt MAC is something sought in order to be able to carry over
one's clear character into Firestorm MAC. Unfortunately, a Windows
port of Firestorm never came into being in the same way that a MAC
port of Quicksilver never did...leaving a would-be player left wanting
and lacking closure on both platforms----though a MAC player would be
a bit closer. Ideally, the DEC Machines originals would be the way to
go....

I will now shortly try to contact user OldIron whom it was made known
to me posted somewhat on the game awhile back. Should anybody else
out there be interested and such please do post here or if all else
fails contact me.

My dream is to somehow, one day, bring a fixed up mashup of the DEC
machine originals together for the modern times so that players the
world over can get a second chance to try what was a spectacular
commerical failure.