Stone Soup 0.3.4 [Crawl]

Darshan Shaligram

Jan 30, 2008, 7:37:01 AM1/30/08
The first Crawl Stone Soup release of 2008! :-)

This is a bugfix release, available here:

http://crawl-ref.sourceforge.net/

Stone Soup 0.3.4
----------------
* "Tele" status is shown when the player is about to teleport.
* Weapons of reaching cost no magic or hunger to use, do not train
Evocations, and do not hit intervening creatures when the reach
fails.
* Autopickup will attempt to pick up every item in the stack even if
previous items cannot be picked up.
* Fired missile auto-id also identifies previously fired missiles on
the floor.
* Escape hatches can be safely used even when confused or overburdened.
* Removed score bonus for escaping the dungeon without the Orb.
* Poison ammunition no longer works on sling bullets and throwing nets.
* Plants on stairs get branded.
* Drac and Ogre-Mage wanderers get shields instead of bucklers (which
they can't wear).
* Weapon swap (') will also swap to miscellaneous items.
* (f)ire will ignore wielded items, fire_items_start defaults to 'a' again.
* Passwall now issues a warning when attempting to phase through rock + stone.
* Weakened chain paralysis effects from the monster Paralyse spell and
giant eyeballs.
* Fixed poison-vulnerable monsters resisting curare.
* Fixed wands of draining not auto-identifying.
* Fixed necromutation not granting torment immunity.
* Fixed macros not being saved correctly if the key sequences include
ASCII NUL.
* Fixed buggy labyrinth maps.
* Fixed bad entry levels.
* Fixed crossbow bolts not being randomly generated.
* Fixed messages for species unable to wear helmets and boots because
of body shape.
* Fixed detect items not working if the level is magic-mapped.
* Fixed display glitches when using IBM graphics on Unix.
* Fixed monsters wielding angering randarts repeatedly going berserk.
* Fixed strawberry fields always appearing on Lair:3.
* Fixed some acquirement bugs.
* Report error messages after cleaning up curses when savefile is invalid.
* Fixed starting gear choices and kit for fighters.
* Fixed dolinks.sh script for builds on Unix.
* Fixed monster self-teleport taking 10x as long as intended.
* Fixed ice statue description.
* Fixed Crawl being unable to create directories on DOS.

--
Darshan Shaligram <scin...@gmail.com> Deus vult

andrew...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2008, 11:30:04 AM1/30/08
>>* Fixed macros not being saved correctly if the key sequences include
ASCII NUL.

Sweet, thanks!

Darshan Shaligram

Jan 30, 2008, 12:03:23 PM1/30/08
andrew...@gmail.com writes:
[DCSS 0.3.4]

>>>* Fixed macros not being saved correctly if the key sequences include
> ASCII NUL.

> Sweet, thanks!

Does it solve your macro problems? I couldn't test the fix on Vista.

andrew...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2008, 11:22:22 AM1/31/08
On Jan 30, 10:03 am, Darshan Shaligram <scinti...@gmail.com> wrote:

> andrew.air...@gmail.com writes:
>
> [DCSS 0.3.4]

> > ASCII NUL.
> > Sweet, thanks!
>
> Does it solve your macro problems? I couldn't test the fix on Vista.
>
> --
> Darshan Shaligram <scinti...@gmail.com> Deus vult

It works like a charm now. Just like it did before. Thanks. :D

Cuboidz

Feb 1, 2008, 7:56:14 AM2/1/08
I just want to express my gratitude towards the Stone Soup crew for
all the effort they put into perfecting my favorite roguelike.

Keep up the good work!

DaveMan

Feb 2, 2008, 1:53:08 PM2/2/08
Hi, I would like to know if the current tile version will support resolution
lower than 800x600. I think it will be great news to many handheld and UMPC
users whose device are having VGA display.
I posted in the feature request in sourceforge a couple days ago. But today I
looked at the list again but I found the request is gone (removed? deleted?)
without knowing why.
Anyway, keep up the great work and thanks for the effort.
Dave

Enne

Feb 3, 2008, 10:03:31 AM2/3/08
On Feb 2, 1:53 pm, DaveMan <dvm.zau...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I would like to know if the current tile version will support resolution
> lower than 800x600.

At the moment, no. Each tile graphic is 32x32 pixels and the
potential LOS is 17x17 squares. This means a minimum of 544x544
pixels.

At some nebulous point in the future when I rewrite the code to use
OpenGL instead of just blitting, then it will be possible to have
smaller screen resolutions. It won't be (as) pretty, but it could be
functional.

> I posted in the feature request in sourceforge a couple days ago. But today I
> looked at the list again but I found the request is gone (removed? deleted?)
> without knowing why.

It wasn't removed or deleted, just closed. I had (perhaps
incorrectly) assumed that you would get an email notification about it
because you had a sf account.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1884847&group_id=143991&atid=757516

Regards,
-Enne

Dave

Feb 4, 2008, 10:43:47 AM2/4/08
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1884847&grou...
>
> Regards,
> -Enne

Thanks! I got the SF message.
Just a wild thought: if it takes rewriting the whole code for
resizing, how about simply reduce the visible tiles (less than 17
tiles) to fit VGA display? Would it be difficult to do that? If not
where should I do the modification? I am no programmer but sometimes I
do tweak a line or two in the Makefiles and source files to make
things but on small linux devices. Thanks in advance.
Dave

Martin Read

Feb 4, 2008, 1:36:28 PM2/4/08
Dave <dvm.z...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Just a wild thought: if it takes rewriting the whole code for
>resizing, how about simply reduce the visible tiles (less than 17
>tiles) to fit VGA display?

This would have a direct gameplay effect: you would not be able to see
on screen everything that is within the 8-tile visual range of your
character. As such, I would strongly recommend that you *not* do that.
--
\_\/_/ some girls wander by mistake into the mess that scalpels make
\ / are you the teachers of my heart? we teach old hearts to break

DaveMan

Feb 4, 2008, 3:52:30 PM2/4/08
On 2008-02-04 19:36:28, Martin Read <mpr...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> Dave wrote:
> >Just a wild thought: if it takes rewriting the whole code for
> >resizing, how about simply reduce the visible tiles (less than 17
> >tiles) to fit VGA display?
>
> This would have a direct gameplay effect: you would not be able to see
> on screen everything that is within the 8-tile visual range of your
> character. As such, I would strongly recommend that you *not* do that.
> --

> _/_/ some girls wander by mistake into the mess that scalpels make

> / are you the teachers of my heart? we teach old hearts to break
> / --- Leonard Cohen, "Teachers"

Fair enough. Perhaps I will hold out for new version.
Please keep up the good work. Crawl is a great game, and it can easily be a
killer game on small devices.