ToTRL Competitions: Recover the Amulet of Yendor!

1 view
Skip to the first unread message

Slash

25 May 2007, 12:01:3425/05/2007
Hello all...

A competition that goes back to the roots of the genre, back to the
very same moment when the adventurer stood in the entrance of the
dungeons of doom, seeking fame and fortune for his guild of Rogues.
Yes gentlemen (and gentlegirls), I am talking about the game that
started it all. Rogue.

Rogue was a game made in 1980, but don't be fooled... this doesn't
means it is a simple, easy or uninteresting game. One may be led to
think that all these years of enhancements made on further games would
opaque the features of Rogue, well, this is not true.

Rogue's pushforward nature and the cruelty of the enemies makes up for
a lot of fun and challenge, prepare for a lot of keyboard bashing and
screen cursing, as your adventurer's armor melt again to rust
monsters' breath, Vampires suck your HP away and wraiths level you
down (yes, permanently).

After all, as you know, this is the game that spawned the genre.

Details about the competition at The Roguelike Temple Forums (
http://www.roguetemple.com/forums/ )

--
Slash
Temple of The Roguelike: [http://www.roguetemple.com]

Jude H

26 May 2007, 08:05:1826/05/2007
In rec.games.roguelike.development Slash <java....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Details about the competition at The Roguelike Temple Forums (
> http://www.roguetemple.com/forums/ )

It's in the "major roguelikes" section of the forums, for anyone else
who'd rather go straight there. :)

Thanks for the competition, I've always thought people should play more
Rogue. I've never won it, though, so I doubt that'll change now.

--
--j hungerford.
Another Roguelike In Development:

Gerry Quinn

26 May 2007, 10:43:2026/05/2007
In article <2oV5i.4429$wH4....@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
ju...@nonexistant.invalid says...

> In rec.games.roguelike.development Slash <java....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Details about the competition at The Roguelike Temple Forums (
> > http://www.roguetemple.com/forums/ )
>
> It's in the "major roguelikes" section of the forums, for anyone else
> who'd rather go straight there. :)
>
> Thanks for the competition, I've always thought people should play more
> Rogue. I've never won it, though, so I doubt that'll change now.

I won it twice, but it was a long long time ago, and it took me
years...

- Gerry Quinn