7DRL Announcement: Starting on the 7th, ending on the 13th

benhem

Mar 7, 2011, 5:37:24 PM3/7/11
The gist: an homage to the Gold Box AD&D games, or to Tunnels of Doom
on the TI/99. Eye of the Beholder, Bard's Tale, that sort of thing.
Entirely in ascii, playable in terminal or by ssh.

School just got a little older.

edenicholas

Mar 9, 2011, 10:16:47 PM3/9/11

Listening outside of doors like in Tunnels of Doom would be a really
sweet feature.

benhem

Mar 13, 2011, 11:35:00 PM3/13/11

It would! I didn't get that far. I have a rudimentary combat system,
and 3D exploration is pretty much finished. Eventually I'll add
spells, items, character classes and stats, etc. Here's the demo:

ssh seve...@benhem.xen.prgmr.com
password: 7drl

edenicholas

Mar 14, 2011, 12:31:22 AM3/14/11

Oh wow. I love the character graphics. Looking forward to more!

vsync

Mar 14, 2011, 2:22:12 AM3/14/11
benhem <ben...@gmail.com> writes:

> 3D exploration is pretty much finished.
>

> ssh seve...@benhem.xen.prgmr.com
> password: 7drl

._.
__ _ ________ _ _| |
\ \/ \/ / _ \ \/ \/ / |
\ ( <_> ) / \|
\/\_/ \____/ \/\_/ __
\/

--
vsync
http://quadium.net/~vsync/

My whole approach in broadcasting has always been "You are an
important person just the way you are. You can make healthy
decisions." ... I just feel that anything that allows a person to
be more active in the control of his or her life, in a healthy way,
is important.
-- Fred Rogers