7DRL 2012: Descent RL

c...@eee.ccx

Mar 10, 2012, 1:05:20 PM3/10/12
Hello, first time participant here. I will try to implement a game
remniscent of Descent 1&2.

The game will happen in fully 3D environment, with full 6dof movement,
rendered in nothing more than unix terminal. You will wander with your
tiny spaceship through mines on asteroid which were taken over by evil
AI and all mining robots turned against humans. Your goal is to rescue
survivors and then blow up the reactor powering the mine complex.

bzr repo: http://wpr.cz/ccx/bzr/7drl2012/
webui: http://wpr.cz/ccx/loggerhead/7drl2012/changes

I'll be implementing the game in python using the urwid console
interface library.

ccxCZ @ quakenet / #rgrd
starting 2012-03-10 19:05:00+01:00 (CET)

Jan Pobrislo

Mar 17, 2012, 10:27:34 AM3/17/12
Hello again. Seems I can not make it into full game in time. So far you
can only wander on autogenerated map and kill or be killed. Still I had
loads of fun and learned new things writing it, so in a sense I can
claim it was success. :-)

The project might be interesting for any python developer that
wants to have true terminal output via urwid. I hope I'll have time to
extend this project to nice roguelike library with possibility to run
the game via terminal, telnet, ssh, wsgi/html/js and some gui terminal
on window (possibly libtcod).

Wish me more luck for next time. ;-)

If you want to check out the project:
bzr branch http://wpr.cz/ccx/bzr/7drl2012/