[Announce] RoguelikeLib (v0.1)

Jakub Debski

Sep 22, 2006, 1:04:27 PM9/22/06

I'm going to the mountains for a weekend, so just a small info for these,
who stay home :)
RoguelikeLib is a library that should help roguelike developers to solve
some common algorithmic tasks (like map generation, FOV, pathfinding...).

Now it's in very early stage of development, but I'll improve it in free
time. It's BSD licensed and place in SourceForge has been requested.
The source code is C++.

www.alamak0ta.republika.pl/RoguelikeLib.zip contains sources and Win32
executable demo.

regards,
Jakub
--
"We're just toys in the hands of Xom"
www.graveyard.uni.cc - visit Roguelike Graveyard

Ido Yehieli

Sep 23, 2006, 3:58:12 AM9/23/06
Jakub Debski wrote:
> Now it's in very early stage of development, but I'll improve it in free
> time. It's BSD licensed and place in SourceForge has been requested.
> The source code is C++.

Looks like some nice doungeon generators!

Can you please include a Makefile in addition to the visual studio
project?

Ido.

Jakub Debski

Sep 25, 2006, 4:49:14 AM9/25/06
Dnia 23 Sep 2006 00:58:12 -0700, Ido Yehieli napisał(a):
> Looks like some nice doungeon generators!

thanks.
That's just a beginning. Soon I will add pathfinding, FOV calculations and
some basic algorithms like "bresenham line".

> Can you please include a Makefile in addition to the visual studio
> project?

It's very simple project that should compile without additional libraries.
For which platform and compiler you need makefile?

Ido Yehieli

Sep 25, 2006, 6:00:41 AM9/25/06
Jakub Debski wrote:
> It's very simple project that should compile without additional libraries.
> For which platform and compiler you need makefile?

A GNU Make/gcc makefile would be nice and would be usable on almost any
platform.
I would personally use it under Linux.

Ido.

Jakub Debski

Sep 25, 2006, 9:22:50 AM9/25/06
Dnia 25 Sep 2006 03:00:41 -0700, Ido Yehieli napisał(a):
> A GNU Make/gcc makefile would be nice and would be usable on almost any
> platform.
> I would personally use it under Linux.

Well... Personally I've never used any automake apps and makefile syntax is
magic for me ;) Even under linux I've been using IDE (KDevelop/Anjuta),
both generate makefile by project settings.

If you could provide makefile to this library, it would be great :)
Library and test file (main.cpp) compiles by "g++ *.cpp", so makefile
should be simple.

I've done version 0.2, which has path-finding implemented and some changes
to internal data structures.
www.alamak0ta.republika.pl/RoguelikeLib.zip

Do you think I should put FOV calculations too, are everyone uses libfov
already? ;)

Ido Yehieli

Sep 25, 2006, 10:25:29 AM9/25/06

Jakub Debski wrote:
> If you could provide makefile to this library, it would be great :)
> Library and test file (main.cpp) compiles by "g++ *.cpp", so makefile
> should be simple.
>
> I've done version 0.2, which has path-finding implemented and some changes
> to internal data structures.
> www.alamak0ta.republika.pl/RoguelikeLib.zip

Maybe something like that should work:

OBJ= main.o RoguelikeLib.o

all: rllib

rllib: $(OBJ)
g++ $(CFLAGS) $? -o $(BIN) $(LDFLAGS)

> Do you think I should put FOV calculations too, are everyone uses libfov
> already? ;)

I know I use libfov, but maybe you could incorporate the libfov code
into your lib(it's GPL IIRC) and have an interface that's consistent
with the rest of the lib.

Ido.

Jakub Debski

Sep 25, 2006, 10:58:34 AM9/25/06
Dnia 25 Sep 2006 07:25:29 -0700, Ido Yehieli napisał(a):
> Maybe something like that should work:
> [...]

Thanks, it works :)

> I know I use libfov, but maybe you could incorporate the libfov code
> into your lib(it's GPL IIRC) and have an interface that's consistent
> with the rest of the lib.

I just started a new thread, lets see what the others think.