7DRL Failure: Rogue Rage

Darren Grey

Mar 17, 2012, 3:53:24 PM3/17/12
Alas, I didn't pay attention to my own advice from the podcast and got too distracted. Biggest failure was underestimating how long it would take to code individual enemies for all zones (and all the ensuing bugs that cropped up).

However the game in its current state contains some definite elements of fun, so you may want to check it out. There's no in-game help beyond the commands listed in the Escape key menu, but I include a readme and the design doc with mechanics details for people to peruse. Look out for a full release in the coming weeks.

Windows standalone version:
http://gruesomegames.com/roguerage-failure.zip

T-Engine module for OSX/Linux users (need T-Engine b38 to run it):
http://gruesomegames.com/roguerage-mod-failure.zip

Well, at least I have lots of 7DRLs to play to cheer me up :)

--
Darren Grey

edenicholas

Mar 17, 2012, 6:28:47 PM3/17/12
It looks really nice, makes me want to try using the T-Engine in the future.

JO

Mar 17, 2012, 8:49:08 PM3/17/12
Grah! I know man I messaged you on Temple about that...but what was I
doing on Temple of the Roguelike? Fiddling around and not working.
Luckily my project was simple and was way ahead. Took only about 20
hours or so.