The One & Only 7DRL Start Announcement

Del Murgatroid

Mar 6, 2011, 10:48:12 PM3/6/11
Well...
I am sad that it has come to this in the community...

I am announcing the start of my 7drl, (and the _ONLY_ entry this year :
() at 10:45pm March 6th, 2011.

I am upset at everybody! You all should have at least pretended to
enter the 7drl competition.
Geez.

Well, please make the award out to Del Murgatroid, since, apparently,
I win by default. I will post my hello world winning entry within the
next 10 minutes, and take the next 7 days off.

My hello world program will be titled Muert: The Condemnation of Sarah
Marie Ballard

Joshua Day

Mar 6, 2011, 11:26:20 PM3/6/11
On 03/07/2011 11:48 AM, Del Murgatroid wrote:
> Well...
> I am sad that it has come to this in the community...
>
> I am announcing the start of my 7drl, (and the _ONLY_ entry this year)

> at 10:45pm March 6th, 2011.

Not sure if you're joking or if your newsreader isn't showing you new
posts for some reason, but there's a veritable flood of entries --
we've all been responding to Darren Grey's "7DRL Announcement Thread".

--
Joshua Day

gabriel arthur petrie

Mar 8, 2011, 8:54:11 PM3/8/11

A lifetime story
--
blaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaahaaaahaaahah

Del Murgatroid

Mar 9, 2011, 7:26:22 PM3/9/11

> A lifetime story

Yes, basically.

As an update on my status, I have been working for the past two days
(mon - tue) and have managed to create a hallway generator. I am proud
of my accomplishments. It can have multiple bends, variable width, and
configurable lengths. Unfortunately, at the moment, the hallway exists
in a building-generating map, so I can not even have an @ walk down
the hall.

Maybe I should scrap it and start over again, and this time write my
hallway generator with doors and windows in mind. I guess I forgot
about those. Or maybe I should go to the beach and "plan things out"
some more. I wrote DOORS in big letters at the top of my yellow pad
and underlined it a lot.

vsync

Mar 9, 2011, 11:18:28 PM3/9/11
Del Murgatroid <delmur...@gmail.com> writes:

> Unfortunately, at the moment, the hallway exists in a
> building-generating map, so I can not even have an @ walk down the
> hall.
>
> Maybe I should scrap it and start over again, and this time write my
> hallway generator with doors and windows in mind.

Out of curiosity, mind explaining a little more? What does the
"building-generating map" impose on you? Why can't you put doors? And
why can't you walk down the hall, even if it is blank and featureless?

> I guess I forgot about those. Or maybe I should go to the beach and
> "plan things out" some more. I wrote DOORS in big letters at the top
> of my yellow pad and underlined it a lot.

:) We've all been there... at least the stuff that's the same should go
more smoothly the second time around. I started later than hoped
yesterday because my whole afternoon was spent recovering from XEmacs
backup files and retyping a day's worth of code on a client project
that I had coded then wiped by switching branches without checking.

--
vsync
http://quadium.net/~vsync/

My whole approach in broadcasting has always been "You are an
important person just the way you are. You can make healthy
decisions." ... I just feel that anything that allows a person to
be more active in the control of his or her life, in a healthy way,
is important.
-- Fred Rogers