7DRL Success: Deep Realm Heroes

psy_wombats

Mar 13, 2011, 11:10:21 PM3/13/11
Ah, this is a first roguelike effort, so it's a little simple, but definitely fun to make. Started out with some resources ripped from SaGa2 and the title from a random name generator.

Anyway, it's a basic explore caves/battle monsters survival game. It's a bit difficult to stay alive, but that's the whole point, isn't it...? The game is in a Java applet and playable in a browser. I'm trying to add score submission features but that's a little outside the realm of 7DRL, so I figured I'd just announce now.

Play: http://www.wombatrpgs.net/misc/sdrl.html

benhem

Mar 14, 2011, 1:09:48 AM3/14/11

No response to input keys. Tried Opera and Firefox, on Ubuntu
10.0.4. Great gameboy look, though!

Ben

psy_wombats

Mar 14, 2011, 2:59:27 PM3/14/11
The input issue on MacOSX and Ubuntu has been taken care of. Thanks for the info!

Also, just wanted to mention that the game is now connected with Facebook and scores can be submitted. You can also play the game on facebook at:
http://apps.facebook.com/deeprealmheroes/

Filip Dreger

Mar 14, 2011, 5:43:35 PM3/14/11
Wow! Did not give it much time, but it looks great.
Filip Dreger

Darren Grey

Mar 16, 2011, 5:00:49 PM3/16/11
On Mar 14, 6:59 pm, psy_wombats <psy_womb...@wombatrpgs.net> wrote:
> The input issue on MacOSX and Ubuntu has been taken care of. Thanks for the info!
>
> Also, just wanted to mention that the game is now connected with Facebook and scores can be submitted. You can also play the game on facebook at:http://apps.facebook.com/deeprealmheroes/

I keep getting a message saying "You must log in before you can play
Deep Realm Heroes" - but I am logged in!

--
Darren Grey