7DRL: RunRight

trys...@comcast.net

Mar 6, 2010, 2:14:43 PM3/6/10
My first 7DRL. RunRight will be written in Haskell.

Updates will be at strangelyspartan.blogspot.com.

George Oliver

Mar 6, 2010, 4:04:41 PM3/6/10
On 3/6/2010 11:14 AM, trys...@comcast.net wrote:
> My first 7DRL. RunRight will be written in Haskell.
>
> Updates will be at strangelyspartan.blogspot.com.

Cool, looking forward to a Haskell RL.

trys...@comcast.net

Mar 10, 2010, 1:39:12 AM3/10/10
On Mar 6, 11:14 am, "trysta...@comcast.net" <trysta...@comcast.net>
wrote:

> My first 7DRL. RunRight will be written in Haskell.
>
> Updates will be at strangelyspartan.blogspot.com.

I've added several posts over the last few days as well has Haskell
source and Windows binaries.

So far I've got an @ symbol that walks around, takes damage from
running into traps and stationary monsters, can read scrolls (some are
healing, others are just notes), quaff potions (healing only so far),
wear armor, wield swords, axes, and picks, open doors, lose, and win.

If you are holding an axe then you can destroy trees. If you are
holding a pick then you can destroy rocks. Any weapon will damage
monsters.

Jeff Lait

Mar 10, 2010, 9:44:44 AM3/10/10
On Mar 10, 1:39 am, "trysta...@comcast.net" <trysta...@comcast.net>

wrote:

> > My first 7DRL. RunRight will be written in Haskell.
>
> > Updates will be at strangelyspartan.blogspot.com.
>
> I've added several posts over the last few days as well has Haskell
> source and Windows binaries.

Exciting! I wanted to do a 7DRL in Haskell back in 2008, but while I
did learn the language well enough to write a raytracer, I couldn't
get my mind around how I'd actually make a roguelike. Very
illuminating to see the approach you've used so far.
--
Jeff Lait