7DRL announce: Vapourtek Theatre

sin...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2010, 11:01:21 PM3/7/10
sinoth and buub0nik back to abuse libtcod a little more. We have
plans for "Vapourtek Theatre", a steampunk multiplayer tactical RPG.
The gameplay will be similar to other TRPG such as Final Fantasy
Tactics. Our goals for this project are a smooth multiplayer
experience and some POLISH. We have never allotted time for silly
things like "playtesting" and "bugfixing" so we plan to make the user
experience more enjoyable this go around.

A sidenote: buub0nik and I are both unemployed for this 7DRL, so we
have no excuse for the ensuing code frenzy to be anything short of
epic.

We'll be using libtcod for rendering and input. The server stuff will
be stored in a mySQL database, using mysql++ as the connector
library. Development will be done on Windows and Linux in C++ using
Code::Blocks as our IDE.

Progress will be posted at sinoth.net/blog

jice

Mar 8, 2010, 3:54:01 PM3/8/10

You have my vote for the best title this year :D

--
jice