7DRL: Pack-Man

Nate

Mar 8, 2010, 3:27:06 PM3/8/10
Nathaniel Inman here, announcing my 7DRL, unfortunately a 6DRL and
counting as my computer parts were just shipped today, i'll be setting
it up and beginning the programming process tonight. Should be in C#
(figured I haven't used it in a while, why not) using Visual Studio
2010. I wish everyone luck as well as myself as we're delving deep
into our processes. RL's 4 Life :)

Information on this 7DRL in process will be posted here as soon as I
get home from work. *cackle*

Nate

Mar 9, 2010, 3:33:53 PM3/9/10
Synopsis:

You are a hotel porter or bellhop whose co-worker thought
it'd be funny to strew about the contents of customers luggage
on each of the hotels floors. While picking up the articles of
clothing you notice you're being watched. Better stay out of
view lest you get in trouble!

The game has undergone development late last night after
fixing my computer and installing Windows 7 on a separate
boot drive. I was able to finish the simple GUI. I plan on making
the game a stereotypical RL with ASCII graphics, arrow-key
movement or 1-9 movement for NW, NE, SW, SE movement
additions as well.

There's more to come. I generally will program the game during
the nights and make the announcements while at work. :)

I hope everyones progress is going well! May this year be the
strongest year yet for Roguelikes!

pol

Mar 8, 2010, 7:59:37 PM3/8/10
ah, yeah! I saw the idea for this floating around before. I can't wait! I am
already ready to micromanage the space/ volume/ weight of all the crapola in
my pack!

Nate

Mar 10, 2010, 4:07:29 PM3/10/10
Haha, glad to hear your interest. :)

The game is at this point playable. Effectively 120wpm 4 hrs of
programming. Decided at this point
to develop graphics at work (graphic designer, kinda convenient) and
release the 7DRL with
options for classic or normal gameplay, Integrating the graphics when
i get home tonight, and
hopefully I'll be able to finish the mobile coding and AI algorithms
as well.

The finished product after release of 7DRL will be posted with
screenshots at my studios homepage
here. http://www.plos.isgreat.org/Pack-man.html

The deadline is closing in.

Lots of fun!

Nate

Mar 11, 2010, 10:45:23 AM3/11/10
The game is effectively finished as of last night. Going to polish it
up tonight.

Nate

Mar 12, 2010, 4:30:11 PM3/12/10
Worked up a splash screen, cleaned up the graphics a bit. Going to
touch up the mobile pathing and I should be releasing it tonight
before bed.

wo!

It's been a lot of fun, I hope everyone else's projects are going
great as well

Nate

Mar 13, 2010, 12:44:10 AM3/13/10

Nate

Mar 13, 2010, 12:46:52 AM3/13/10
I wish everybody else success in their projects, it's time for a
little sleep...

Maybe next week I'll dedicate 7 days to play others RL's instead of
developing my own :)

Nate

Mar 23, 2010, 4:35:59 PM3/23/10

I apologize to those expecting to play the game but realizing it
requires .NET framework 4.0. I did the game thus to
experiment with a few things. I will compile the game without a .NET
framework requirement soon. If any who had
played it ran into any bugs let me know and i can quickly fix them
before compilation. I don't plan on adding anything
else to the game.

The game did NOT use any pre-existing code, and like all things I do
was built from the ground up with my own code.

;)