7DRL Partial Success: 3D/2D dungeon crawl via SSH

benhem

Mar 13, 2011, 11:46:58 PM3/13/11
Playable framework with no real content! Huzzah! My intent was to
make a terminal game (c++/curses) that combines 3D exploration and 2D
gridded battles, like the AD&D gold box series or the TI/99 game
Tunnels of Doom. The framework is there, but the things that make the
game interesting (spells, items, classes, etc.) are not. However, you
can explore, and fight. Since there's no way to heal yet, your
characters start each battle at full HP. It's playable via ssh, here:

ssh seve...@benhem.xen.prgmr.com
password: 7drl

Enjoy!

I plan to add a great deal to the game (including a title) over the
next couple of months. Suggestions welcome. Already in the plans:
fountains, vaults, and statues a la Tunnels of Doom, character classes
(stats, item permissions, battle skills, spells) items, flavorful and
informative combat feedback, visual effects, and a goal.

--Ben