7DRL Success: Pac the Rogue

Filip Dreger

Mar 13, 2011, 5:37:09 PM3/13/11
A turn-based, strategy-driven Pac-Man, with some twists (and inventory). Works on common mobile phones and should be pretty compatibile across devices, although some parts of the menu might be inaccessible on small screens.

The homepage is: http://sites.google.com/site/pactherogue/

In the coming days I will compile a Javascript version, so anyone can play it in the browser (it will also fix some issues with gfx).

Filip Dreger

Filip Dreger

Mar 20, 2011, 6:27:14 PM3/20/11
There's a playable version on the game's site; it's not yet the Javascript version, but an applet run with microemulator (no tweaking for web). I hope this makes Pac a bit more accessible. A quick hint: when you begin, you already have some inventory!
Site: http://sites.google.com/site/pactherogue/

Filip Dreger

Konstantin Stupnik

Mar 21, 2011, 1:29:44 AM3/21/11

mac os x + chrome = not working.
I've got black rectangle and that's all.
Java applets are definitely working in chrome on mac os x.

Filip Dreger

Mar 21, 2011, 8:39:07 AM3/21/11
Thanks for the info. The whole setup is rather complicated and I do not hope to fix all the problems with this: I have a google site and the only way to host Java applets on that is to use a google widget; so I had to pack my applet and publish it as a widget. A whole range of things may go wrong with this, some of them involving Java, some not. Having no way to test chrome/mac combo, I give up.

The final web version will be in Javascript, the applet is just a temporary measure. A pity it does not work on Mac though. I was really hoping it would.

Filip Dreger