7DRL 2012 - RoboCaptain (aka The Humans Are Dead)

Todd Page

Mar 11, 2012, 11:25:57 AM3/11/12
RoboCaptain is a tactical shooting-based roguelike with a powerful
systems-management sub-game ala the old LucasArts X-Wing/TIE Fighter
games.

@ is one of the last military-grade robots, a RoboCaptain, which is a
mech-walker goliath thing.
At any time, player can cycle which system (Laser, Engine, Shield,
others?) is being charged from the Power Core, this will effect/be
effected by the player’s tactical situation:
* Taking lots of damage? Switch to shields... but that means lasers
are not recharging.
* Need to run away fast? Give a boost to your engines... but don't you
need that power for shields too?
* Need to blast away? Give all power to lasers and you will have near-
infinite ammunition.

Inventory is limited to X items, some items may be used only once and
then disappear, others may have a quantity attached (rockets, mines),
others have permanent effects while they are attached.

Started Saturday, 3/10 @ 4:30pm Eastern STANDARD Time
DevBlog here: http://heroicfisticuffs.blogspot.com (with day 1
screenshot)
Original Google Doc Design here, and on the blog:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YzT1brqF8s5sOdN82Q9RqYhB_hPwn0xHtY1KSPzs1SY/edit

twp...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2012, 10:29:46 PM3/12/12
Day 3 update is here: http://heroicfisticuffs.blogspot.com/2012/03/robocaptain-2012-7drl-day-3.html

AI, rockets, and angry apes.

twp...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2012, 8:10:34 PM3/17/12

twp...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2012, 10:40:45 AM3/18/12
Fixed a few semi-critical bugs (no power regeneration during exploration)
Added some 'easter egg' names for certain 'hero-class' enemies. :)

You can play both versions (original 7DRL and "7DRL+") here:
http://www.heroicfisticuffs.com/robocaptain/

Cheers, and good luck to those of you on your final day!

--
HF
http://heroicfisticuffs.blogspot.com/

twp...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2012, 6:26:32 AM3/22/12
uhhh, right, forgot to mention which BROWSERS work best. ;)

I developed it on Chrome so it works flawlessly there. It also worked in the latest Firefox.

I would love to hear about people that get it working fine in other browsers. I know Safari uses webkit and in the past has worked just fine with this same engine. But as for other browsers I could use a list of stuff to work on. ;)

Thanks!