7DRL Success: HunterRL

Mosenzov

Mar 17, 2012, 8:09:26 PM3/17/12
Success! I finished my 7DRL! (Formerly entitled "Where the Grass is Greener")

You play as a Hunter, trying to hunt down animals in the wilderness.
You have many tools at your side, including Knives, Carrots (to attract Rabbits), Bear Traps, and a Tracker. The rest is up to you! You can lure Rabbits into an open Trap with a Carrot, or throw a Carrot and have Rabbits go to it, only to kill them with your knife. You could use the Rabbit Corpse to lure in Wolves. Wolves are much more dangerous than Rabbits and will attack on sight. You could throw knives at them, or attack up close. If you find a rifle off of a deceased hunter, you can use that.

The entire purpose of this Roguelike is to play with the AI and just see how many kills you can get until you accidentally step into your own trap, or a group of wolves turn you to pieces...

Here is the game download (Mediafire): http://www.mediafire.com/?2qnox4ic9uqkl6k

Here are some pictures of the game:
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff373/ZeroG3651/3.png
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff373/ZeroG3651/2.png
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff373/ZeroG3651/1.png

I use a fancy algorithm called the "Diamond-Square Algorithm" to create the random fractal landscapes by the way.

twp...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2012, 11:41:39 AM4/7/12
Ok so what is your best score? I'm trying to fill up my hunting cabin with wolf corpses. :)

Mosenzov

Apr 8, 2012, 3:30:35 PM4/8/12
Around 15 I think!

twp...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2012, 5:36:28 PM4/8/12
Wow, nice. I think my max was 8 or 9. It's a lot of fun.. perfect for a quick break. Although I still haven't found a gun!