7DRL Success: A Quest Too Far

Geoffrey White

Mar 13, 2010, 8:15:30 PM3/13/10

My 7DRL is completed! You can look at screenshots and download it from
here:

http://www.randomstuff.org.uk/~geoffrey/roguelikes/aquesttoofar.html

Let me know what you think!

---

note: I haven't been able to get it to compile on Linux yet. I'll try
to fix that tomorrow.

note also: though it's distributed under the GPL, some areas of the code
are in need of refactoring, so I encourage you to get in touch if you do
intend to modify it.

- Geoffrey White

flend

Mar 14, 2010, 10:26:15 AM3/14/10
On 14 Mar, 01:15, Geoffrey White <geoffrey-

n...@randomstuff.org.uk.CUTHERE.invalid> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My 7DRL is completed!  You can look at screenshots and download it from
> here:
>
> http://www.randomstuff.org.uk/~geoffrey/roguelikes/aquesttoofar.html
>
> Let me know what you think!

Looks good Geoff, I'll have a propere look tomorrow when my own coding
time is done :) Doing it from scratch is definitely hardcore.

-flend

konijn_

Mar 14, 2010, 11:45:24 AM3/14/10
On Mar 13, 9:15 pm, Geoffrey White <geoffrey-

I like your dungeon generation.

T.

Geoffrey White

Mar 14, 2010, 12:04:23 PM3/14/10
Thanks for the positive comments!

I've put up a new version which does compile under Linux/g++. The
original 7DRL version is still available of course.

- Geoffrey

flend

Mar 23, 2010, 2:45:33 PM3/23/10
In the second of my series of 7drl reviews from the slopes of the
Three Valleys, I've reviewed this game.

My review is at: http://ddrogue.livejournal.com/

feedback to the author!).

-flend

Geoffrey White

Mar 23, 2010, 3:35:47 PM3/23/10

Thanks for the very detailed review (and excellent screenshot).

I will put a fix for the laptop numeric keypad issue in version 1.2.

- Geoffrey

Geoffrey White

Mar 28, 2010, 3:44:54 PM3/28/10
Version 1.2 is now up:
http://www.randomstuff.org.uk/~geoffrey/roguelikes/aquesttoofar.html

The new version includes alternative laptop controls, and some minor bug
and balance fixes.

- Geoffrey