7DRL Success: QuestFor7

Andy M

Mar 14, 2010, 9:15:48 AM3/14/10
Alright, I didn't finish everything I'd hoped to, but I consider what
I have a success.

For being my first roguelike, first game, and first larger scale
project, I am pleased with it.

Features I didn't finish:
- Item pickup/inventory
- Multiple Floors / Dungeons
- A win condition
- A nicer path-finding algorithm

Features I did finish:
- Combat system, although likely unbalanced
- Map Generation (this took a lot longer than I had anticipated to
get right)
- Graphics system, uses ncurses

What I Learned:
- How to work with C++ a lot better
- How to use ncurses

I mostly tested it in OS X using g++, my source code should be
available here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/questfor7-7drl/files/

Darren Grey

Mar 15, 2010, 4:26:14 PM3/15/10
On Mar 14, 1:15 pm, Andy M <dperegri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I mostly tested it in OS X using g++, my source code should be
> available here:
>  https://sourceforge.net/projects/questfor7-7drl/files/

For whatever reason I can't get the files from this package - Windows
refuses to copy them over. Anyone else had any success with this?

--
Darren Grey

win

Mar 15, 2010, 7:26:11 PM3/15/10

hi, right now the computer I'm on is a powerPC, so it would be nice to
have the source so I can compile and run it.