7DRL: AarrrRL!

Todd Page

Mar 7, 2010, 10:39:09 PM3/7/10
Tossing my helmet into this ring. Longtime lurker. First time
participant. I am starting a bit late but will hopefully finish on-
time!

Using:
python
pygame

Existing code:
half of a basic RL engine (unused for anything public until now)

Theme:
Pirates! (somehow)

I've never seen a piratey RL. My goal here is something akin to a tech
demo -- covering ship battles and thinking through how it would be
different from a traditional RL. (e.g. a ship + crew instead of a
single @)

Good luck to everyone who has posted so far!

Heroic Fisticuffs

Mar 13, 2010, 12:06:37 AM3/13/10

Updating this from a different account but AarrrRL version 0 is
DONE!!!!! With not a second to spare (11:59 on my clock....)

Game can be found here:

http://twpage.isunlimited.net/game/

I would call it more of a "winnable tech demo" at this phase.

Whew! :)

Heroic Fisticuffs

Mar 13, 2010, 12:23:49 AM3/13/10
On Mar 13, 12:06 am, Heroic Fisticuffs <heroic.fisticu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Posting obligatory screenshots to: http://twpage.isunlimited.net/game/

Not sure if HTML works here?

<A HREF="http://twpage.isunlimited.net/game/">game link</A>

Congratulations / condolences to all who participated. :)

Heroic Fisticuffs

Mar 13, 2010, 12:29:47 AM3/13/10
On Mar 13, 12:23 am, Heroic Fisticuffs <heroic.fisticu...@gmail.com>