7DRL success: Ravenous RL

steev

Mar 15, 2010, 1:10:38 AM3/15/10
The only access to the Internet I've had this weekend is my cellphone,
so I haven't been able to upload my roguelike but it is finished. I'll
post a link when I get to work tomorrow morning.

steev

Mar 15, 2010, 10:55:19 AM3/15/10
So here it finally is: Ravenous RL:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5364538/Ravenois%20RL.zip

Overall I would deem it a huge success. I programmed it from bottom-to-
top myself.
Wrote my own line of sight algorithm, as well as several AI path
finding algorithms.
It includes 20 levels, 8 enemy types (plus one variation of each), and
6 different categories of 'spells.'
there is a leveling system and an inventory (of sorts).

There's a pretty good series of help pages programmed into it, and if
you're still confused about what's going on I blog the creation of it
here:
http://steevolution.wordpress.com

I will be updating there shortly with a more detailed description of
what I've done, and where I plan to go from here.

steev

Mar 15, 2010, 11:35:57 AM3/15/10
Blog has been updated with a pretty thorough description of my results
Vs what I wanted to accomplish

steev

Mar 17, 2010, 12:13:37 PM3/17/10

Geoffrey White

Mar 24, 2010, 5:21:06 PM3/24/10

Great game, it has lots of charm. The eating / spitting mechanic works
nicely. Not sure why you can't move diagonally. I found the game very
tough as I frequently ran out of food which left me very vulnerable.

- Geoffrey White