7drl Success: The Well Of Enchantments

IBOL

Mar 17, 2012, 4:29:22 AM3/17/12
my playful exporation of the superclass has worked to my satisfaction,
but i am dead tired.
get the complete game here:
http://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2327064
see some screens here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=195004&b=48&p=0
i will write more after i sleep.

IBOL

Mar 17, 2012, 12:21:38 PM3/17/12
still very groggy, but i was able to tune monsters a little more, and
submit by 1158am saturday
http://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2327169
will make a video...

IBOL

Mar 17, 2012, 3:11:57 PM3/17/12
ok, so,
- 7 dungeon levels
- 22 monsters
- 15 kinds of items with up to 5 enchantments on each
(read,consume,zap,wear,curse)
- wield anything as a weapon
- wear almost anything as armor
- hidden traps (searching is automatic, but not guaranteed. rest to
search better)
- winnable
- save/load/permadeath
- use pick to mine thru walls to find hidden treasure
- all weapons can break from use (some faster than others)
- speed system, with actions taking different amounts of time, and
monsters moving at different speeds
- encumbrance system, with carry weight slowing your speed, and
eventually stopping you completely

Mosenzov

Mar 17, 2012, 9:01:37 PM3/17/12
Awesome game!

IBOL

Mar 17, 2012, 9:08:21 PM3/17/12
On Mar 17, 9:01 pm, Mosenzov <alexe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Awesome game!

wow hey thank you!
i'm looking thru the other entries myself, and seeing such a great
range of themes and ideas.
this is a great competition.

Geoffrey White

Mar 18, 2012, 1:41:41 PM3/18/12

Cool game, I like the wide variety of magic items. I will be playing it
again.

- Geoffrey

IBOL

Mar 18, 2012, 10:15:38 PM3/18/12
> Cool game, I like the wide variety of magic items.  I will be playing it
> again.
>
> - Geoffrey

i am really glad to hear that! thanks.

i should mention that for anyone who tries tunneling with a pick,
the iron pick is not great (high chance of failure and breaking)
but the thanium pick is much better, as is the exquisite or legendary
pick.
(generally true of all things...)

i just finished this video today, of the Mastodon song,
"dry bone valley" it's the story of the song told (at least vaguely)
in my 7drl!
http://youtu.be/T0n7QIi5Ptg

IBOL

Mar 24, 2012, 1:22:40 AM3/24/12
ok, so 1 week later, and i have an update.
it fixes lots of little bugs, adds color-coded inventory,
monster balancing, and a few commands,
like a list of the effects you have learned so far.
download it straight from here:
http://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2330013
or check the devlog forum page:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=195004&b=48&p=0

IBOL

Apr 26, 2012, 9:29:51 PM4/26/12
guess i should point out a few things:
use the x key to EXAMINE items.
that will tell you what the items do (if you have discovered that
power yet)
clicking on an item in your inventory list will do the same thing.

items also have parentheses after their names that show what commands
can
be used with them (PZRWC)
stands for 'put on', 'zap', 'read', 'wield', 'consume'.

the newer version mentioned up there clears up bugs.

the game really requires aggressive identification of items.
if a sword is not as good as one you have,
but it has a 'consume' or 'read' power,
then use it for that.

also, watch your carry weight. it can slow you down,
which effects your movements speed & attack speed.