7DRL Success: Pitman Krumb

Friedrich Hanisch

Mar 13, 2011, 6:55:17 AM3/13/11
Hallo,

so this is our entry for the 7DRLC. Participants are Jana Reinhardt and
me, Friedrich Hanisch. We started 11:00am Sunday (March 6th), and while
I'm writing this it's 11:00am Sunday (March 12th). This means success!
"Pitman Krumb" is the name of the hero you play. He searches for mighty
artifacts! The game is won when you find them - if they even exist!

Features:
- 3D!
- Several items: Weapons, Armoury, Magical Scrolls, Runes, Torches, Food
- Twelve nicely crafted creature types
- Decoration objects, like rocks, mushrooms, etc. + and usable objects
like chests, vases, ladders
- Three different dungeon themes
- You build the dungeon while you play!
- Music from Kevin MacLeod.

Balancing is very bad, due to time pressure. This means the further you
get, the easier it will be (if you find enough food).

Play it online here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10650964/7drl2011/final/Web/index.html
Standalone Win:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10650964/7drl2011/final/Pitman-Win.7z
Standalone Mac:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10650964/7drl2011/final/Pitman-Mac.7z

Soon we will make a video for all you Linux-Users!

Regards,
Friedrich

--
http://www.fholio.de
http://www.ratking.de

Friedrich Hanisch

Mar 20, 2011, 6:03:51 PM3/20/11

Hallo,

I took the time to make some essential bugfixes and also updates to Pitman
Krumb. The after-challenge-version 1.1 can be played/downloaded here:

Webplayer: http://www.ratking.de/games/pitman/index.html
Standalone Win: http://www.ratking.de/games/pitman/Pitman-Win.7z
Standalone Mac: http://www.ratking.de/games/pitman/Pitman-Mac.7z

The changes are:
- The game saves now after every round, and can be continued after
quitting.
- Better balancing.
- Enemies have red rimlight.
- Mana regeneration (random).
- Bugfix: Ladder to next level sometimes did not appear.
- Bugfix: You can't hurt friendly NPCs with the bow any more.
- You won't get hungry so fast any more.
- Weapons and magic potions/scrolls/runes with low level also spawn on
high dungeon levels.
- There is "winning" condition now.
- You can walk the path according your speed in all cases.
- Ladder to next level is better recognizable.

Downloads for the seven-day-version are still intact, of course. (See
quotation.)