7DRL: Toby the Trapper

Darren Grey

Mar 7, 2010, 3:05:09 PM3/7/10
Firstly, I should say I'm amazed by the number of entries this year
(almost 60 so far) and am very proud to be taking part, even if my
chances of completion are slim.

My game idea is based on the player moving faster than his enemies but
is only able to harm them with traps he lays. Like Gruesome it will
be a simple game with little to nothing in the way of stats and
everything working on the basis of one hit kills. With a bit of luck
I'll complete it within the week, and with a bit more luck it'll be
fun to play. I haven't touched any code in a year and I have a lot to
learn just to program this, so it should be a fun challenge for me at
least.

All the best to everyone else taking part - I look forward to playing
the results!

--
Darren Grey

jorbr...@yahoo.com

Mar 7, 2010, 5:14:35 PM3/7/10
Hey good luck man, my skills are rusty as well. Hopefully it'll be
like riding a bike...we'll see.

Darren Grey

Mar 7, 2010, 10:49:47 PM3/7/10
On Mar 7, 10:14 pm, jorbrads...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hey good luck man, my skills are rusty as well. Hopefully it'll be
> like riding a bike...we'll see.

Has been going much easier than expected, though as I get tired a hell
of a lot of mistakes are creeping in... Still, got LOS and movement
and a very nice map generator all running smoothly. Next is into the
unknown - complex enemy actions and advanced player abilities. But,
first sleep (and then work (and then social obligations (and hopefully
nothing after that))).

--
Darren Grey