Incursion Patch Release 0.6.0A

Julian Mensch

Jul 29, 2007, 3:08:13 PM7/29/07
Hey, folks,

Quick patch release of Incursion 0.6.0A is now up on
the website, mostly to fix the bug with Weapon Focus
that Kornel posted a screencap of; it also fixes the crash
resulting from the Zap command on the Yuse menu.

http://www.incursion-roguelike.net

-- Julian Mensch

plague

Jul 29, 2007, 5:07:34 PM7/29/07

Any hope of a Mac version in the future?

Julian Mensch

Jul 29, 2007, 5:23:20 PM7/29/07
plague wrote:

> Any hope of a Mac version in the future?

I have no Mac hardware, Mac development tools or any
expereience with Mac programming, so I certainly can't
build one. I would need to send the source to a Mac
developer in order to have it ported by them. That said, I
am certainly not averse to doing that if such a kind soul
would volunteer, and the Allegro-based UI is now very
portable with no essential system-specific calls.

My immediate priority is the Linux version, because (A)
I at least have the hardware to do that and the devtools
are free, and (B) I've had a LOT of people asking about
a Linux port.

So, not in the IMMEDIATE future, but it is possible if
anyone raises their hand to do the porting. I think that
relying on the coding and effort of others that way should
wait until the game gets a little more popular, though.

Are you interested in OSX or a Mac port for earlier Mac
OSes?

-- Julian Mensch

plague

Aug 1, 2007, 4:25:11 PM8/1/07

OSX Definitely. I could always run bootcamp/parallels and switch over
but would much rather have a nice OSX build. :)

Technocracy

Aug 2, 2007, 5:10:43 AM8/2/07
Hi Julian,

Anyway of removing the empty hand message from every step?

You are empty handed!

Press [enter] to continue...

My lizardman was reduced by a trap, and now my character cannot use his large
club. Now with every step he takes, the above message comes up...

The game is very detailed... I like it ... keep up the excellent work :-)

Technocracy

Aug 2, 2007, 5:23:05 AM8/2/07
Ooopppsss!!! Just worked it out... scratch head ... thanks though ;)

Corremn

Aug 2, 2007, 11:03:37 PM8/2/07

Got this error while trying to kick down a door, after about 100
WHAMMs. (Didn't notice I was hungry, hence I had lowered strength and
could not break the door.)

Error: ASSERT failed: / Stati.Allocated <= 256'
in file .\Src\Status.Cpp, line 164
[E]xit or [C]ontinue?

I pressed continue and everything was fine.

P.s I am using the 0.6.0A patch release

Other issues thus far-

Running can run in circles around a room, maybe keep track of tiles
you have visited during
run.
Running should be called 'continous move' or something, because you
are not actually running.
Running goes past sleeping hostiles.

I dont know why all my best stuff keeps turning into gravel.
"Your uncursed flaming dwarven waraxe +1 turns to gravel"
"Your uncursed dwarven platemail +1 turns to gravel"
Arrrgghhhh!

A silver broadsword did not show up in Things in View.

I could not kick a door when afraid, not sure if intential or not.
(Also not sure if an invisible creature was on the door.)

When looking at a "human" and pressing 'x'. It came up as the fully
identified creature, A

Gold Dragon (hatchling, graveborn), back in the game it was still
described as a "human".

"You fall victim to a searing light trap! Your own searing light
strikes you." Umm somehow I dont think I was carring such an object
when I stepped on the trap.

Maeve's description says she is patorn saint over all elves. I think
the drow would have something to say about that.

A bone delver is not resistant to another bone delver's wails.

Worn identified bracers still had the {tried} flag

Found many cases of a ice floor being surrounded by magna or such.

I am sticking with dwarven warriors and currently am at lev 5. There
is a problem of item identification, intuition is ok but more id
scrolls would be good, 2 so far. I think this is a unlucky number
though.

Keep up the fantastic work.

Corremn

Aug 2, 2007, 11:40:16 PM8/2/07
Top posting is fun, for those that read from bottom to top ;)

On Aug 2, 6:23 pm, Technocracy <illuva...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Ooopppsss!!! Just worked it out... scratch head ... thanks though ;)
>

> On 2007-08-02 11:10:43, Technocracy <illuva...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>

> > Hi Julian,
>
> > Anyway of removing the empty hand message from every step?
>
> > You are empty handed!
>
> > Press [enter] to continue...
>
> > My lizardman was reduced by a trap, and now my character cannot use his large
> > club. Now with every step he takes, the above message comes up...
>
> > The game is very detailed... I like it ... keep up the excellent work :-)
>
> > On 2007-07-29 21:08:13, Julian Mensch wrote:
>
> > > Hey, folks,
>
> > > Quick patch release of Incursion 0.6.0A is now up on
> > > the website, mostly to fix the bug with Weapon Focus
> > > that Kornel posted a screencap of; it also fixes the crash
> > > resulting from the Zap command on the Yuse menu.
>
> > >http://www.incursion-roguelike.net
>

> > > -- Julian Mensch- Hide quoted text -

Although you worked it out, I will point out to others that this and a
lot of other options can be set through the ironically titled
"options" menu :P

Julian Mensch

Aug 3, 2007, 10:02:19 PM8/3/07
[ Bugs ]

Thank you lots for the bug reports!

> I dont know why all my best stuff keeps turning into gravel.
> "Your uncursed flaming dwarven waraxe +1 turns to gravel"
> "Your uncursed dwarven platemail +1 turns to gravel"
> Arrrgghhhh!

This is Ekliazeh's vengeance when he is angry at you --
the god of crafts destroys your equipment.

> I could not kick a door when afraid, not sure if intential or not.

It's a bug.

> I am sticking with dwarven warriors and currently am at lev 5. There

Just FYI, heavy armor warriors are one of the most difficult
character types in Incursion -- they lack the diversity of the
spellcasters and skillmonkeys, making it harder for them to
deal with challenges they can't directly smite. Rogue is said
by my playtest group to be the easiest class to win with, and
priests are also strong.

> Keep up the fantastic work.

Thanks, and I will!

Corremn

Aug 5, 2007, 7:59:10 PM8/5/07
On Aug 4, 11:02 am, Julian Mensch <jmen...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> [ Bugs ]
>
> Thank you lots for the bug reports!
>
> > I dont know why all my best stuff keeps turning into gravel.
> > "Your uncursed flaming dwarven waraxe +1 turns to gravel"
> > "Your uncursed dwarven platemail +1 turns to gravel"
> > Arrrgghhhh!
>
> This is Ekliazeh's vengeance when he is angry at you --
> the god of crafts destroys your equipment.

That makes sense now, probably needs a pre-message like, "You hear
grumbling. Your foo turns to gravel."

> > I am sticking with dwarven warriors and currently am at lev 5.
>

> Just FYI, heavy armor warriors are one of the most difficult
> character types in Incursion -- they lack the diversity of the
> spellcasters and skillmonkeys, making it harder for them to
> deal with challenges they can't directly smite. Rogue is said
> by my playtest group to be the easiest class to win with, and
> priests are also strong.

I will give them a run.

> > Keep up the fantastic work.
>
> Thanks, and I will!

Also...
Once I tried to intimidate a neutral elf to attack my enemies. He
aggreed and instead of going to the closest hostile in the room he ran
up to another neutral character and continuously swapped positions
with him. I assume he was trying to attack but the default manourver
was a swap positions.