7DRL: RogueBand Hero

flyingofx

Mar 6, 2010, 11:58:35 AM3/6/10
Well, here it goes. I'm going to take a shot at making a 7DRL this
year. I've never written a rogue like game before so I don't know how
it will turn out.

Inventory:
(a) python
(b) libtcod
(c) a case of pop
(d) a maple doughnut [day old]

See you (hopefully) in seven days.

George Oliver

Mar 6, 2010, 12:10:17 PM3/6/10
On 3/6/2010 8:58 AM, flyingofx wrote:

> (c) a case of pop
> (d) a maple doughnut [day old]

You may need to trap a squirrel to add to your rations.

Good luck!

Gelatinous Mutant Coconut

Mar 6, 2010, 12:28:13 PM3/6/10

I think the python might eat the squirrel.

Ed Kolis

Mar 7, 2010, 9:48:08 AM3/7/10
In article <5ac1ed7e-bebc-4517-9921-
77f0be...@q21g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
gelatinousm...@gmail.com says...

What kind of squirrel, though? If it comes from Squirrel Server 2008, he
should be able to simply request a replacement squirrel by entering a
new GUID... if it comes from Orasquirrel, though, he's out of luck, as
it will simply throw a SQUIRREL_NOT_FOUND exception buried in 10 MB of
logs... MySquirrel I think he's out of luck too, because of the
singleton squirrel problem (wait for the release of MySquirrels to
resolve this issue)... Squirrelite I'm not sure... I think you CAN get a
replacement squirrel, but it comes frozen solid and you have to thaw it
out... PostgreSquirrel MIGHT work, but your squirrel might be squashed
by an elephant first... any other varieties of squirrel I might be
missing?

Of course, if all else fails, he could just squirrel back up in his
squirrelversion history to a time when the squirrel actually existed,
and restore it from there... ;)