7DRL Success: The Challenge!

XLambda

Mar 17, 2012, 2:54:14 PM3/17/12
Hey everyone, I have completed my 7DRL "The Challenge" in time!

Play a young and hopeful programmer trying to write a 7DRL as he faces
certain doom in the Dungeons of Development! Get through the dungeon
before the Seven Days of Magic are over! Wield powerful weapons such
as vi and emacs! Run from bugs and segfaults! Drink massive amounts of
coffee to increase your laziness! And other stuff.

Download (including source): http://sites.google.com/site/weirdrogue/7drl-2012

Didn't get quite as far as I hoped, but it's still pretty sweet in my
opinion. It's my very first one, so please don't be too harsh when you
bash it. :<

Geoffrey White

Mar 18, 2012, 2:25:27 PM3/18/12

I can't get your game to run. I'm running Windows XP, I unpacked the
zip, started a command prompt and typed 'java -jar challenge.jar'. It said:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Main
: Unsupp
orted major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
Could not find the main class: Main. Program will exit.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I need a newer version of Java or
something?

- Geoffrey

Eric Wykoff

Mar 18, 2012, 3:35:07 PM3/18/12
I had the same problem as Geoffrey. Was really looking forward to
checking this one out too, it sounds quite humorous.