7DRL Success(?): Porta Lucis

Chris Whitman

Mar 20, 2012, 5:07:37 AM3/20/12
Technically this is a day late for 7DRL, but since I just heard about
this last Tuesday, total development time was actually only about six
days. It's fine if it "doesn't count" or whatever; I really just
wanted to tackle the challenge anyway.

Porta Lucis is a small, concept-Roguelike written in Python using
libtcod. It has a kind of strange narrative structure and some clever
mechanics centring around the use of light sources. Screenshots and a
download link are up on my new blog at: http://christopherwhitman.net/blog/?p=11

It's my first Roguelike (and also my first Python application), so
hopefully there are no issues (it has been playtested somewhat and got
the green light from testers).

Thanks everyone involved in organizing this—I had a blast and will
definitely be participating again next time (hopefully in a more
timely fashion).

Björn Ritzl

Mar 20, 2012, 5:18:23 AM3/20/12
I definitely think it counts and I added it to my list: http://peeksandpokes.blogspot.se/2012/03/2012-7drl-competition-summary.html