Help Request: Frozen Depths' Mac Port

Glo...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2008, 1:04:24 PM6/21/08
Hello fellow roguelikers!

Frozen Depths' next version is nearly finished, only about three
longer playtest runs left to do and fix the bugs and balance issues
found. As the topic's name suggests, I've received some requests to
port Frozen Depths to Macintosh. However, I haven't got a Mac, nor do
I have access to one in any easy way. While I want to keep Frozen
Depths' source closed, I'm willing to give the source to a person who
would like to compile the game for Macintosh users, obviously assuming
that the person vows not to spread the code anywhere.

The game is written in C++ only using the Curses (PDCurses on Windows,
NCurses on Linux) library in addition to the standard libraries, so it
would be rather useful if the volunteer already knew how to compile
this kind of a program in Macintosh environment. I don't have a clue
how different compiling is on a Mac compared to Windows and Linux, but
I suppose it shouldn't be that impossible. It compiles easily on Linux
if that's of any use.

Since I still have some playtesting left to do, it would be great if
the porting could happen later next week, though the exact time can be
agreed so that it works for both of us. So, if there's anyone willing
to take up the task and bring joy to other Mac roguelikers, you can
contact me by replying here, sending an email to
drizzt*underscore*888*at*hotmail*dot*com, coming to IRC QuakeNet and
messaging Glowie or even by using the contact page on Frozen Depths'
website. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks already in advance.

-Glowie

Glo...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2008, 6:32:01 PM6/21/08
On 21 kesä, 20:04, Glo...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello fellow roguelikers!
> (snip)
> -Glowie

Dana Larose replied very quickly to the help request, thanks! This
post is here just to inform you that you don't need to reply anymore,
but thanks anyway. Have a good evening people.