Yay! It's release your binary week!

1 view

pol

Oct 10, 2006, 11:46:10 PM10/10/06
yup, it's that time of the year again. Time to dust off your compilers, boot
up the debugger and show us the money.

Every 'release your binary week' all of the little coders crawl out of their
caves and display the fruits of their anti-social labors. What do you have
so far? eh? Yeah, yeah, your Magic Evil Duper Demons still just walk around
in circles Yeah, yeah, you've managed to balance every single potion in
your game except for the 'greater, beans the magical fruit cloud of
destruction'.

None of that is relevant. Just like every umm.... (insert geographically
relevant holiday here) you have to pull out the (noun) and (verb) them all
over your (noun), its time to give us an update we can sink our teeth into.

no more puny little screenshots, no more descriptions of all the cool ideas
you have.

give us some links to something solid!

here goes mine:. My project has seen a serious degeneration from its once
great days of cannibalism.
You can't do anything except run around and kill stuff.
but I have all these cool graphics and you can zoom in! I don't know about
you, but I would definately sacrifice all the playability in the world to
be able to zoom in and out.. Yeah!

http://www.geocities.com/politicue/pol_alpha_opengl.zip

Corremn

Oct 10, 2006, 11:59:03 PM10/10/06

pol wrote:
<snip>

> here goes mine:. My project has seen a serious degeneration from its once
> great days of cannibalism.
> You can't do anything except run around and kill stuff.
> but I have all these cool graphics and you can zoom in! I don't know about
> you, but I would definately sacrifice all the playability in the world to
> be able to zoom in and out.. Yeah!
>

> http://www.geocities.com/politicue/pol_alpha_opengl.zip

Sorry...
"The procedure entry point _glutMainLoopUpdate@0 cound not be loacated
in the dynamic link library glut32.dll"

I would definately sacrifice all the zoomability in the world to be
able to to play it ;)

pol

Oct 11, 2006, 12:49:04 AM10/11/06
yeah... I fixed that now

Look, I didn't choose what week it would be, and nobody said you had to
release something that runs...

Corremn

Oct 11, 2006, 12:52:42 AM10/11/06

Umm, same again with glutInitWithExit ...Is this a fun online
interactive adventure game where you have to bug the author to finally
get the game to run?

pol

Oct 11, 2006, 1:42:46 AM10/11/06

Umm, same again with glutInitWithExit ...

I disabled that.. maybe you have an older version of glut or something?

Corremn

Oct 11, 2006, 3:28:09 AM10/11/06

pol wrote:

> Umm, same again with glutInitWithExit ...
>

> I disabled that.. maybe you have an older version of glut or something?

Apparently I did, I have now installed version 3.7. Maybe you should
include the glut.dll as part of your package.

I just has a play, looks good, however it is annoying that you cant see
directly behind yourself, especially when a rat is gnawing away back
there. How about more steps for zooming? Anyway good job at any rate,
implement a look command and a message bar next.

Crypt

Oct 11, 2006, 9:24:09 AM10/11/06
i cannot leave the (nice) map view (f3)

PS: i've installed glutdlls37beta

Jude H

Oct 11, 2006, 10:23:26 AM10/11/06
pol <p...@pol.net> wrote:
> yup, it's that time of the year again. Time to dust off your
> compilers, boot
> up the debugger and show us the money.

I like the idea in theory... but sorry, I shall release when it's
time and not before. :) My 7drl from March this year is my equivalent of
this.

--
--j hungerford.
Another Roguelike In Development:

pol

Oct 11, 2006, 3:28:57 PM10/11/06

> I just has a play, looks good, however it is annoying that you cant see
> directly behind yourself, especially when a rat is gnawing away back
> there. How about more steps for zooming? Anyway good job at any rate,
> implement a look command and a message bar next.

yes, I agree. All of that is already implemented, I just need to set up my
GL GUI so you can select things.

except for the not being able to look behind you part, that is going to
stay. I was going to increase the fov to just under 180 so it is not so
small, and once I fix the hear sounds/display-heard-things-when-not-seen
code rat's wont be beating on you with out you at least knowing something is
there

Somewhere down the line I was planning on making the zoom smooth instead of
big juimps. and grow some trees and drop some leaves and on down the list

pol

Oct 11, 2006, 4:51:44 PM10/11/06

> I like the idea in theory... but sorry, I shall release when it's
> time and not before. :) My 7drl from March this year is my equivalent of
> this.

hey, it was worth a try....