7DRL Attempt: Fl@shpoint

edwa...@googlemail.com

Mar 7, 2009, 9:25:56 AM3/7/09
This is my announce message to indicate that I will be starting work
on my entry at 2:30pm GMT on 07/03/09.

Fl@shpoint will be my first RL, and is based on the popular Bohemia
Interactive game Operation Flashpoint, set in a fictional set of
Russian islands in 1985 set during the Cold War.

You will play the role of a single individual, who will have to
undertake missions, be given commands from above, and be able to issue
commands to your subordinates through a simple comms interface.

It will be written in PHP and Javascript, entirely from scratch
(although I'll probably end up using JQuery for crossbrowser purposes)

Good luck, everyone!

edwa...@googlemail.com

Mar 11, 2009, 2:59:43 AM3/11/09

Update 1:
7am 11th March

So far so good, haven't spent nearly as much time on this as I would
have liked; but that's neither here nor there.

I've been having a spot of bother with FoV/LoS, namely bad artefacts.
Javascript is rather slow at rendering an 80x25 curses style interface
as well, but that's before any optimisation.

The interface itself is all but done, but actually implementing any
gameplay in the remaining time will be a challenge, especially when
that other RL (real life, rather than roguelike) keeps interrupting me.