Kharne Alpha 1 available for download (not 7DRL)

Perdurabo

Mar 15, 2009, 8:37:36 AM3/15/09
Its time I got something out the development door, even if it is just
an inactive demo. Blame the 7DRLs for getting lots of excellent stuff
done whilst I bimble about for months. So the first Alpha of my
Windows Roguelike, Kharne is now available for download.

Full details can be found at:
http://kharne-rl.blogspot.com/2009/03/kharne-alpha-1-available-for-download.html

Or direct link: http://rapidshare.com/files/209499873/Kharne-Alpha1.zip.html

Usual disclaimers apply about this. Read the included README.TXT
first, etc.

Feedback and constructive criticism most welcome!

Best,
P.

legend....@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2009, 1:34:30 PM3/15/09
On Mar 15, 8:37 am, Perdurabo <perdurab...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Feedback and constructive criticism most welcome!
>
> Best,
> P.

That's quite an impressive splash screen that comes up when you start
your game. I also like the bold color choices you have on the first
screen of the game (the town level?). It was a bit strange that I
seemed able to move "on top of" the border edges of that first screen
though.

- Legend of Angband
http://legend-angband.blogspot.com/

perdu...@googlemail.com

Mar 15, 2009, 3:34:20 PM3/15/09
On Mar 15, 5:34 pm, legend.angb...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Mar 15, 8:37 am, Perdurabo <perdurab...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Feedback and constructive criticism most welcome!
>
> > Best,
> > P.
>
> That's quite an impressive splash screen that comes up when you start
> your game.

Yeah, I got permission from the Artist to use it a long time ago, with
the original Kharne, as long as I gave her credit (which I do). She's
a phenomenal artist.

> I also like the bold color choices you have on the first
> screen of the game (the town level?).

Eventually, they will be different shops etc.

> It was a bit strange that I
> seemed able to move "on top of" the border edges of that first screen
> though.

Oh, yes. *looks embarrassed*. I'll fix that in the next Alpha.

I just realised that I forgot to mention in the documentation that <
and > could be used for navigating stairs and portals.

Cheers for your comments,
P.

perdu...@googlemail.com

Mar 15, 2009, 5:44:25 PM3/15/09
On Mar 15, 7:34 pm, "perdurab...@googlemail.com"

Direct download link is broken, please use:
http://rapidshare.com/files/209655311/Kharne-Alpha1.zip instead.

Best,
P.

Darren Grey

Mar 15, 2009, 8:07:42 PM3/15/09
On Mar 15, 12:37 pm, Perdurabo <perdurab...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Its time I got something out the development door, even if it is just
> an inactive demo. Blame the 7DRLs for getting lots of excellent stuff
> done whilst I bimble about for months. So the first Alpha of my
> Windows Roguelike, Kharne is now available for download.
>
> Full details can be found at:http://kharne-rl.blogspot.com/2009/03/kharne-alpha-1-available-for-do...

> Or direct link:http://rapidshare.com/files/209499873/Kharne-Alpha1.zip.html
>
> Usual disclaimers apply about this. Read the included README.TXT
> first, etc.
>
> Feedback and constructive criticism most welcome!

Nice work. Many rough edges at present, but obviously the basics of
an in-depth game are present. Regarding interface, I personally found
the keyboard repeat rate oddly high - tapping 'z' would sometimes make
the spells menu appear, disappear, then reappear again in what I
thought was a single keypress. Never had this problem on any other
roguelike (or, indeed, on my own), so I found it quite odd. I wasn't
able to create a character, could only load a new one, as the menu
screen didn't pick up on clicks over the "start new game" area
(perhaps because the "by Dave Moore" overlapped). Also, quitting
doesn't work - was quite a nuisance.

Otherwise looks very nice, dungeon design is interesting, I like the
various dungeon styles, and I especially love the mini-map. You're
using Pascal/Delphi, right? What libraries do you use for display?
Will be cool to see the source when you get round to a later release.

--
Darren Grey - http://gruesomegames.com
"It is pitch black. You are likely to eat someone..."

perdu...@googlemail.com

Mar 16, 2009, 6:41:09 AM3/16/09
On 16 Mar, 00:07, Darren Grey <darrenjohng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 15, 12:37 pm, Perdurabo <perdurab...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Its time I got something out the development door, even if it is just
> > an inactive demo. Blame the 7DRLs for getting lots of excellent stuff
> > done whilst I bimble about for months. So the first Alpha of my
> > Windows Roguelike, Kharne is now available for download.
>
> > Full details can be found at:http://kharne-rl.blogspot.com/2009/03/kharne-alpha-1-available-for-do...
>
> > Or direct link:http://rapidshare.com/files/209499873/Kharne-Alpha1.zip.html
>
> > Usual disclaimers apply about this. Read the included README.TXT
> > first, etc.
>
> > Feedback and constructive criticism most welcome!
>
> Nice work.  Many rough edges at present, but obviously the basics of
> an in-depth game are present.  Regarding interface, I personally found
> the keyboard repeat rate oddly high - tapping 'z' would sometimes make
> the spells menu appear, disappear, then reappear again in what I
> thought was a single keypress.  Never had this problem on any other
> roguelike (or, indeed, on my own), so I found it quite odd.

That's odd. Its fine on mine, but I've tested it on my partner's PC
and she also has the same problem. I'll probably insert a slight pause
and flush the keyboard buffer after each keystroke.

> I wasn't
> able to create a character, could only load a new one, as the menu
> screen didn't pick up on clicks over the "start new game" area
> (perhaps because the "by Dave Moore" overlapped).

? That's odd (again). They don't overlap on either of the PCs in our
gaff. Could you possibly get me a screenshot of this?

(I'll also enable the menus as well to work around this)

>  Also, quitting
> doesn't work - was quite a nuisance.

Ah, yes. At the moment you need to just close the window via the x at
the top right. That's a prime example of developer bias there - I've
always used that method, so I wrongly assumed that others would too.
Consider that a lesson learned.

> Otherwise looks very nice, dungeon design is interesting, I like the
> various dungeon styles, and I especially love the mini-map.  You're
> using Pascal/Delphi, right?  What libraries do you use for display?

None. Its just standard GDI, i.e. using a TPaintbox with blitting the
characters using Canvas.TextOuts (albeit with double-buffering, hence
I have a TBitmap in memory with the same dimensions as the TPaintbox
on screen).

> Will be cool to see the source when you get round to a later release.

Its my intention to release source code once the first proper version
(0.1) comes out.

Anyway, I'll probably release an Alpha 1a version to fix all these
bugs (despite what I said on my blog to the contrary). Thanks!

Best,
P.

Darren Grey

Mar 16, 2009, 12:31:17 PM3/16/09
On Mar 16, 10:41 am, "perdurab...@googlemail.com"

<perdurab...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 16 Mar, 00:07, Darren Grey <darrenjohng...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I wasn't
> > able to create a character, could only load a new one, as the menu
> > screen didn't pick up on clicks over the "start new game" area
> > (perhaps because the "by Dave Moore" overlapped).
>
> ? That's odd (again). They don't overlap on either of the PCs in our
> gaff. Could you possibly get me a screenshot of this?
>
> (I'll also enable the menus as well to work around this)

Here ya go:

http://www.geocities.com/darrenjohngrey/kharne_a1-menu.png

Seems like there might be something cropped off the bottom of the
display too. Only the new game and hiscore buttons don't work.

--
Darren Grey

perdu...@googlemail.com

Mar 16, 2009, 3:56:41 PM3/16/09

Thanks for that. There's definitely something weird going on with the
form Scaling. That form should be 750x488 in dimensions, and the
screenshot you've given me is nowhere near that. Are you using Vista
perchance?

Anyway, I've got a new version available (Alpha 1a) with the following
changes and bug fixes:

- Fixed Graphical Error that could hide "start new game" on front
screen on certain screen resolutions.
- Enabled Menus on front screen.
- Enabled Quit Menu option and Icon on main game screen.
- Reduced the frequency of Keypress Checks to stop the inadvertent
repeated toggling of some screens.
- Subscreens such as Inventory, Skills, Character Details and Magic
are now dismissed by pressing Escape.
- You can no longer walk on the edges of the Nexus.
- Clicking on a Monster in the Monster Display will now display
Monster Details

available from http://rapidshare.com/files/210015199/Kharne-Alpha1a.zip

and via the blog as per usual.

Best,
P.

perdu...@googlemail.com

Mar 16, 2009, 4:07:22 PM3/16/09
I fucking hate Rapidshare.

The correct link is: http://rapidshare.com/files/210017952/Kharne-Alpha1a.zip

Anyone got any decent alternatives to Rapidshare for filehosting?
Preferablely something without inane and dodgy T&C?

Best,
P.

pau...@mbnet.fi

Mar 17, 2009, 2:54:49 AM3/17/09
On 16 maalis, 21:56, "perdurab...@googlemail.com"

<perdurab...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, I've got a new version available (Alpha 1a)

The splash screen appears fast, but after that the program
is waiting about a minute before starting the main menu.
What the heck is going on?
I couldn't enter portals, because > and < doesn't work in
finnish keyboard. (also tried , and .)
Why there are four portals per place?

perdu...@googlemail.com

Mar 17, 2009, 6:52:37 AM3/17/09
On Mar 17, 6:54 am, pau...@mbnet.fi wrote:
> On 16 maalis, 21:56, "perdurab...@googlemail.com"
>
> <perdurab...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Anyway, I've got a new version available (Alpha 1a)
>
> The splash screen appears fast, but after that the program
> is waiting about a minute before starting the main menu.
> What the heck is going on?

Shouldn't be anything much really. The screen should only display for
a few seconds maximum before moving onto the main screen (you can
click on it to dismiss it immediately btw). The only processing that
takes place during this transition is adding the fonts the program
uses to the system font table and doing some loading of data from the
SQLLite DB backend to populate some generic data structures.

On my own system, an old 2.8 Mhz Single Core P4, this takes
approximately a second. I'll do another release (Alpha 1b) with a
status bar to indicate progress, if this is causing a problem on some
systems.

> I couldn't enter portals, because > and < doesn't work in
> finnish keyboard. (also tried , and .)
> Why there are four portals per place?

There are four portals because I decided at some point in the distant
past it looked cooler that way. Eventually, the Nexus (the town level)
will be much more alive, with shops, NPCs, questgivers and so on.

I'm sorry to hear about the keyboard issues - keyboard handling is
done via virtual keycodes, and they should work. I'll spend some time
this evening investigating. In the meantime, I'll include
functionality in the bug fix above to allow navigating of stairs via
the buttons at the top of the main screen.

Thanks for the feedback btw, this sort of stuff is important and most
valuable.

*tips hat*
P.

pau...@mbnet.fi

Mar 17, 2009, 9:12:37 AM3/17/09
On 17 maalis, 12:52, "perdurab...@googlemail.com"

<perdurab...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> The only processing that
> takes place during this transition is adding the fonts the program
> uses to the system font table

Is this a normal procedure?

perdu...@googlemail.com

Mar 17, 2009, 10:43:52 AM3/17/09

Yes. It uses the WinAPI call 'AddFontResourceEx'

e.g. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd183327(VS.85).aspx

They are removed immediately afterwards on program exit, however.

The alternative approach is to copy the custom fonts into your C:
\windows\fonts directory. I find that approach somewhat less
acceptable than the current approach which adds the fonts temporarily
and restricts access only to the process which adds them.

Best,
P.

perdu...@googlemail.com

Mar 17, 2009, 6:40:27 PM3/17/09

I've got a new version (Alpha 1b) available at:

http://rapidshare.com/files/210475897/KharneAlpha1b.zip

which should hopefully fix the problems you have with the keyboard and
the long loading times...

http://kharne-rl.blogspot.com/ has the patch notes, as always.

Best,

pau...@mbnet.fi

Mar 18, 2009, 2:59:33 AM3/18/09
On 18 maalis, 00:40, "perdurab...@googlemail.com"

<perdurab...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> which should hopefully fix the problems you have with the keyboard and
> the long loading times...

Now it freezes on splash screen.

perdu...@googlemail.com

Mar 18, 2009, 6:04:50 AM3/18/09

What OS are you using?

I'll do a special diagnostic version with debug and breadcrumbing on -
do you mind running that?

Sorry for all this trouble btw.

Best,
P.

pau...@mbnet.fi

Mar 18, 2009, 7:40:59 AM3/18/09
On 18 maalis, 12:04, "perdurab...@googlemail.com"

<perdurab...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> What OS are you using?

Windows XP Professional SP3. It's on my work computer,
I could try if it's different in my home setup (XP Home).

> I'll do a special diagnostic version with debug and
> breadcrumbing on - do you mind running that?

I was just wondering did anyone else had trouble
running this game?

Christophe

Mar 18, 2009, 7:53:13 AM3/18/09
perdu...@googlemail.com a écrit :

> On 18 Mar, 06:59, pau...@mbnet.fi wrote:
>> On 18 maalis, 00:40, "perdurab...@googlemail.com"
>>
>> <perdurab...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> which should hopefully fix the problems you have with the keyboard and
>>> the long loading times...
>> Now it freezes on splash screen.
>
> What OS are you using?

That "Install own fonts in runtime" is imho a bad idea. It causes
various bugs in Angband which does the same and including a similar
"game freezes at launch". It was caused by other applications in
background (some even without a window) which didn't handle correctly
the WM_FONTCHANGE event.

If you suspect the freeze to happen at the time you install the font and
you SendMessage the WM_FONTCHANGE event for that, try to use PostMessage
instead as it was done in Angband :

http://trac.rephial.org/changeset/1099

perdu...@googlemail.com

Mar 19, 2009, 6:49:10 AM3/19/09
On 18 Mar, 11:40, pau...@mbnet.fi wrote:
> On 18 maalis, 12:04, "perdurab...@googlemail.com"
>
> <perdurab...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > What OS are you using?
>
> Windows XP Professional SP3. It's on my work computer,
> I could try if it's different in my home setup (XP Home).

Oh, that's the same as I use for development.

> > I'll do a special diagnostic version with debug and
> > breadcrumbing on - do you mind running that?
>
> I was just wondering did anyone else had trouble
> running this game?

Its been downloaded almost a 100 times so far and you're the only one
to report this problem. However, as Christophe suggested, I'll do a
compilation using PostMessage instead of SendMessage for adding the
Fonts.

Best,
P.

Darren Grey

Mar 19, 2009, 10:48:57 PM3/19/09
On Mar 17, 10:40 pm, "perdurab...@googlemail.com"
> http://kharne-rl.blogspot.com/has the patch notes, as always.

Ah, finally get to see the character creation screen... A few minor
recommendations:

-Is it meant to be spelled "Halfing"?
-Auto-progress to next screen once race or class has been chosen
(instead of having to click on race and then Next).
-Maybe give a very brief description of each race and class, either
next to it or as a "tooltip" style box that appears when you hover the
cursor.
-Remove stat adjustment from character creation - it'll just lead to
horrendous min-maxing, which is especially bad when you have a
charisma stat.
-Tooltips in general would be useful in future to know what the
buttons on the top do.
-Let right-click and spacebar exit from different screens, instead of
just the out of reach escape key.

Other than that it seems clear to me that you're gonna have a huge
amount of work ahead implementing and balancing everything :) I
seriously suggest you get a few basic combat things up and running
soon so that you can get a better feel for the game balance and how to
progress.

--
Darren Grey

zai...@zaimoni.com

Mar 20, 2009, 1:01:13 AM3/20/09
On Mar 19, 5:49 am, "perdurab...@googlemail.com"
<perdurab...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Its been downloaded almost a 100 times so far and you're the only one
> to report this problem. However, as Christophe suggested, I'll do a
> compilation using PostMessage instead of SendMessage for adding the
> Fonts.

It's a fairly big difference on WinXP and Vista systems. PostMessage
returns immediately; SendMessage won't return until *all* processes
have handled the message one way or another. Even if you don't have
an outright hang, it can still be a radical difference in launch time.

For V on my Vista system, this changed the launch speed from ~16
seconds to "visually instant". No visible effect on the W2K system.

perdu...@googlemail.com

Mar 20, 2009, 4:49:43 AM3/20/09

I've actually been harbouring thoughts of abandoning the use of actual
fonts and instead just using bitmaps based upon those fonts, which
would get around this problem alltogether. Slightly less flexible, but
guaranteed to be problem-free, at least in this regard.

Best
,P

perdu...@googlemail.com

Mar 20, 2009, 4:51:34 AM3/20/09
On 20 Mar, 02:48, Darren Grey <darrenjohng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 17, 10:40 pm, "perdurab...@googlemail.com"
>

> <perdurab...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On Mar 17, 1:12 pm, pau...@mbnet.fi wrote:

> > > Is this a normal procedure?
>
> > I've got a new version (Alpha 1b) available at:
>
> >http://rapidshare.com/files/210475897/KharneAlpha1b.zip
>
> > which should hopefully fix the problems you have with the keyboard and
> > the long loading times...
>
> >http://kharne-rl.blogspot.com/hasthe patch notes, as always.

> Ah, finally get to see the character creation screen...  A few minor
> recommendations:
>
> -Is it meant to be spelled "Halfing"?
> -Auto-progress to next screen once race or class has been chosen
> (instead of having to click on race and then Next).
> -Maybe give a very brief description of each race and class, either
> next to it or as a "tooltip" style box that appears when you hover the
> cursor.
> -Remove stat adjustment from character creation - it'll just lead to
> horrendous min-maxing, which is especially bad when you have a
> charisma stat.
> -Tooltips in general would be useful in future to know what the
> buttons on the top do.
> -Let right-click and spacebar exit from different screens, instead of
> just the out of reach escape key.
>
> Other than that it seems clear to me that you're gonna have a huge
> amount of work ahead implementing and balancing everything  :)  I
> seriously suggest you get a few basic combat things up and running
> soon so that you can get a better feel for the game balance and how to
> progress.
>
> --
> Darren Grey- Hide quoted text -

Cheers, Darren, all those are now on my list. Yes, its rather
frightening what's left to do, but its also rather frightening what's
been done already. Thanks for your comments.

The next Alpha (Alpha 2) will contain a first stab at combat/magic and
monster AI, hopefully.

Best,
P.

perdu...@googlemail.com

Mar 21, 2009, 8:33:55 PM3/21/09
I've put up a post (http://kharne-rl.blogspot.com/2009/03/progress-
report-9-ai-mutterings.html) showing the beginnings of the AI,
including a video of some basic pathfinding on behalf of the
monsters.

Best,

perdu...@googlemail.com

Mar 27, 2009, 9:44:19 PM3/27/09
Kharne Alpha Version 0.01d is now available from:

http://kharne-rl.blogspot.com/2009/03/kharne-alpha-001d-available.html

Changes in this refactoring and maintenance release:

- Spruced up some of the dungeons with additional terrain types and
visual effects
- The Abyss is now a completely different map type.
- The Main Screen can now be resized and maximised.
- Clicking on the Main Screen is now handled more accurately.
- The colours of the Portals in the Nexus now correspond better to the
Level Type
- Custom Fonts are now added to the system table using the non-
blocking PostMessage API Call
- Fixed a bug in the Dungeon Generation code for the Mausoleum and the
Keep that could lead to a morass of dead end passages in certain parts
of the map.
- Smoothed the maps for the Elemental Plains to remove most
freestanding isolated walls.
- Moved the Status Window to the bottom of the main panel.
- When waiting for a direction to dig in, a visual indicator will now
be displayed
- You can no longer dig on the town level

Monster AI is actually mostly implemented, but has been switched off
for now until I get combat also working.

Best,
P.

perdu...@googlemail.com

Mar 31, 2009, 4:31:51 PM3/31/09
Here's a screenshot of the new integrated UI:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3858/newui.png

I'll shortly be posting a roadmap of what the next few releases will
contain as well over at the blog on kharne-rl.blogspot.com

Best,

perdu...@googlemail.com

Apr 8, 2009, 5:29:09 PM4/8/09
Kharne v0.01e is now available at http://kharne-rl.blogspot.com/2009/04/kharne-alpha-001e-available.html
or direct from http://rapidshare.com/files/219045807/Kharne001e.zip

Its an interim release showing mainly the first iteration of melee
combat.

Here are the changes from the previous version:

* Melee-based Monsters now have basic AI (monsters that reply on
Ranged Combat or Magic are still AI-less).
* The UI has been completely redesigned.
* The Monster Display and the Minimap have been incorporated into the
main window.
* The inventory, statistics and magic screens have been redesigned.
* The Combat system has now been implemented for Melee Attacks.
* A Death Screen has been added.
* A Character Dump has been added.
* Added a help screen in-game.
* There are now regularly re-stocked shops in The Nexus.
* Gold has been implemented and can be found through the various
Dungeons.
* Version info can be displayed in-game.
* Characters are now equipped with class and skill-appropriate
(mundane) starting equipment.
* Internal Monster Stats have been rebalanced.
* Some Monster Symbols (mainly types of demons) have been reallocated.
* Added additional lesser vaults, which can now occur occasionally at
all levels.
* HP and MP now regenerate slowly. The rate of HP Regeneration is
based upon Character Endurance and MP upon Intelligence.
* Resting has now been implemented (to rest for one turn or many,
press 0 or 5 on the Keypad with Numlock on).
* The Monster Display now collates like-type monsters together.
* You can no longer access monster details via the Monster Display.
* Spell Details and Descriptions have now been added.
* Monsters can no longer be generated on top of stairs.
* The Character always starts the two lowest-level dungeons (The Keep
and the Wilderlands) in a safe vault.
* Monsters are now displayed on the mini-map as red dots.
* The Character can no longer have negative abilities or
characteristics.
* The Main Window will no longer be sensitive to key presses when it
does not have focus (e.g. when it is minimised or in the background).
* Fixed a bug where you could pick up an infinite number of items.
* Picking up more items than there are Inventory slots free no longer
corrupts the Inventory.
* You can now open adjacent doors by pressing 'o'.
* Visible squares are now recalculated properly when opening and
closing doors.
* Dropping an item on top of another item no longer causes an error.
* Dropping an item successfully will now close the inventory window.
* Picking up items now takes time.
* Weapons now have Damage Ranges.
* Magic Items that give bonuses to Evasion are no longer as powerful.
* Item Locations are now displayed correctly in tooltips.
* Shields now give a bonus to Deflection and Blocking.
* There are two new brands added: Goblin Slaying and Outsider Slaying.
* The Character's current mana (as opposed to maximum mana) is now
used to calculate which spells are available to cast.

Best,
P.

perdu...@googlemail.com

Apr 18, 2009, 6:17:47 PM4/18/09
v0.02 of Kharne is now available via http://kharne-rl.blogspot.com or
direct via http://rapidshare.com/files/222990944/Kharne002.zip

Here are the changes over the previous version (0.01e):

* Dungeon Levels are now persistent within each Branch - exiting a
Branch entirely will generate new levels.
* Food & Hunger have been implemented. Whilst starving, HP and MP do
not regenerate naturally.
* Ranged Combat has now been implemented (left click on a monster to
fire a projectile at it - for now, ammunition is infinite).
* The amount of HP and MP that characters gain on level up is now also
dependent upon Fighting and Magic Skill levels.
* Added a Wizard Mode (accessible by pressing W)
* Monsters can no longer be generated in the walls of Vaults.
* Monster HP and Damage has been rebalanced.
* The XP required to gain a level has been increased substantially.
* Level Feelings are no longer immediately generated if you have
recently navigated more than one set of stairs.
* Reduced the amount of gold that is generated.
* The elapsed game time (in real terms) is now displayed at the top of
the Main Game Window. This pauses whenever the Inventory or any other
subscreen is shown.
* Character Dumps now display the correct version number.
* Character Dumps now show the elapsed game time (in real terms).
* Digging now updates the visible areas of the dungeon correctly..
* Turns elapsed is now displayed in a more appropriate colour.
* Fixed a few minor grammatical errors in the Combat Text.

Best,
P.

perdu...@googlemail.com

Apr 21, 2009, 7:39:08 AM4/21/09
I've released a bugfix for 0.02. Not surprisingly, its called 0.02a
and can be got via http://kharne-rl.blogspot.com/2009/04/kharne-002a-available.html
or directly from http://rapidshare.com/files/223762778/Kharne002a.zip

Here are the changes:

* Item Anonymity and Identification has now been implemented (wear/
wield an item to identify)
* Item stacking now works properly.
* Eating stacked food now only consumes one of the stack.
* Defense Skill is now listed properly in the Skill Screen.
* Food is now listed in the inventory in one colour. It remains
colourful on the dungeon floor.
* The font size of the message window has been reduced.
* Wands are temporarily no longer generated in the dungeons (it
makes no sense for them to be there whilst their functionality has not
yet been implemented).
* The Inventory Screen has been redesigned slightly

Best,
P.