7DRL Attempt: Quarterlight

1 view

Phil O'Neill

Mar 8, 2009, 6:17:15 PM3/8/09
Hello folks. This is to announce my attempt at a 7DRL, starting at
22:10 GMT on 8th March.

I'll be writing this in PLT Scheme and building on some existing code
which was intended for this but has not yet reached the "@ walking
around screen" stage. Given how bad this code is -- partly because it's
the only thing I've ever written in scheme -- using it may be more
trouble than it's worth. However, the idea is that once I've actually
used it for something I'll know what to throw away and what to rewrite.

I only have half a game idea at this stage (player must collect the
sixteen golden coins and ascend to the plane of light), but if I can get
as far as a dungeon you can move around in I'll be happy.

--
Phil O'Neill

Phil O'Neill

Mar 15, 2009, 6:05:14 PM3/15/09
Sadly I admit that I have not managed to create anything that could be
called an actual game. As expected, I spent most of the week figuring
out what my existing code was supposed to do and just trying to remember
how to program.

If this had been a better week time-wise I could probably have finished
either the dungeon generation or the monsters but was never close to
both.

Still, I'm not hugely disappointed because at least I have an
environment I can move my @ around and interact with things, which is
more progress than I've made in the last two years.

Congratulations to everyone who succeeded. Maybe next year I shall be
able to join your ranks.

In article <curiant-A00BD9...@news-europe.giganews.com>,