Orange October Minigun 7DRL, definitive week voting thread.

Slash

Sep 27, 2006, 3:29:24 PM9/27/06
Having in mind that the voting process was a bit chaotic and a clear
specification was not given, I suggest we vote again here in this
thread; as suggested by Jeff Lait I propose this as the voting
specification for the Orange October Minigun 7DRL challenge.

VOTING SPECIFICATION FOR 7DRL CHALLENGE
ORANGE OCTOBER MINIGUN, 2006-2

I. WEEKS UP FOR VOTING
The following are the 9 day weeks destined for voting, the contestant
can pick any of the weekends to work on his game, but not both.

a. September 30/2006 - October 8/2006
b October 7/2006 - October 15/2006
c. October 14/2006 - October 22/2006
d. October 21/2006 - October 29/2006

II. QUANTITY OF VOTES ALLOWED PER POTENTIAL CONTESTANT
For this voting each contestand can vote for as many weeks as would
work for them.

III. COMMITMENT ON VOTING
For this challenge, voting isn't a binding commitment to participate.

IV. VOTING LOCATION
For being valid, all votes should be made by replying this Call For
Vote usenet message, stating the picked week(s)

V. VOTING DEADLINE
All votes must be done before Friday, September 29/2006 - 23:59:00 GMT

VI. PROCEDURES IN CASE OF TIE
In case of tie the latest week on time will be picked

Slash

Sep 27, 2006, 3:31:48 PM9/27/06

Slash wrote:
> Having in mind that the voting process was a bit chaotic and a clear
> specification was not given, I suggest we vote again here in this
> thread; as suggested by Jeff Lait I propose this as the voting
> specification for the Orange October Minigun 7DRL challenge.
>
> VOTING SPECIFICATION FOR 7DRL CHALLENGE
> ORANGE OCTOBER MINIGUN, 2006-2
>
> I. WEEKS UP FOR VOTING
> The following are the 9 day weeks destined for voting, the contestant
> can pick any of the weekends to work on his game, but not both.
>
> a. September 30/2006 - October 8/2006
> b October 7/2006 - October 15/2006
> c. October 14/2006 - October 22/2006
> d. October 21/2006 - October 29/2006

My votes goes for weeks (c) and (d)

--
Slash
www.santiagoz.com

Michal Bielinski

Sep 28, 2006, 5:13:04 AM9/28/06
Slash wrote:
> VOTING SPECIFICATION FOR 7DRL CHALLENGE
> ORANGE OCTOBER MINIGUN, 2006-2
[snip]

> a. September 30/2006 - October 8/2006
> b October 7/2006 - October 15/2006
> c. October 14/2006 - October 22/2006
> d. October 21/2006 - October 29/2006

In that case my votes go for weeks (c) and (d)
--
Michal Bielinski

Ido Yehieli

Sep 28, 2006, 10:00:05 AM9/28/06
Week (b)

DarkGod

Sep 28, 2006, 11:28:10 AM9/28/06
On 2006-09-28 16:00:05, "Ido Yehieli" <Ido.Y...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Michal Bielinski wrote:
> > Slash wrote:
> > > VOTING SPECIFICATION FOR 7DRL CHALLENGE
> > > ORANGE OCTOBER MINIGUN, 2006-2
> > [snip]
> > > a. September 30/2006 - October 8/2006
> > > b October 7/2006 - October 15/2006
> > > c. October 14/2006 - October 22/2006
> > > d. October 21/2006 - October 29/2006

Week (c)

--
DarkGod comes from | Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards
the hells for YOU ! :) | because they are subtle and quick to anger.

ywg....@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2006, 1:16:17 PM9/28/06

Slash wrote:
> Having in mind that the voting process was a bit chaotic and a clear
> specification was not given, I suggest we vote again here in this
> thread; as suggested by Jeff Lait I propose this as the voting
> specification for the Orange October Minigun 7DRL challenge.
>
> VOTING SPECIFICATION FOR 7DRL CHALLENGE
> ORANGE OCTOBER MINIGUN, 2006-2
>
> I. WEEKS UP FOR VOTING
> The following are the 9 day weeks destined for voting, the contestant
> can pick any of the weekends to work on his game, but not both.
>
> a. September 30/2006 - October 8/2006
> b October 7/2006 - October 15/2006
> c. October 14/2006 - October 22/2006
> d. October 21/2006 - October 29/2006

I am going to vote for (B).

Most likely, if we go with another week I'll probably still try my 7DRL
from Oct 8th to Oct 14th anyhow.

zircher

Sep 28, 2006, 4:23:31 PM9/28/06
Week B. I get an extra 24 or more hours that I can spend in
development time on that week.
--
TAZ

fbk

Sep 29, 2006, 3:24:09 AM9/29/06
week B.

I also will do my 7DRL on the second week anyway, since I already
changed my schedule accordingly.

- Fred

Jakub Debski

Sep 29, 2006, 8:00:52 AM9/29/06
Dnia 27 Sep 2006 12:29:24 -0700, Slash napisał(a):
> Having in mind that the voting process was a bit chaotic and a clear
> specification was not given, I suggest we vote again here in this
> thread; as suggested by Jeff Lait I propose this as the voting
> specification for the Orange October Minigun 7DRL challenge.

why not to let to code the roguelike in any of these weeks?

regards,
Jakub
--
"We're just toys in the hands of Xom"
www.graveyard.uni.cc - visit Roguelike Graveyard

zircher

Sep 29, 2006, 10:16:22 AM9/29/06
That's actually my favorite answer. Calling October 7DRL month works
for me. It's the last month before the holidays kick in so it has the
most flexibility. Spreading it out only means that we'll get more
people participating. :-)
--
TAZ

Christopher Brandt

Sep 29, 2006, 10:47:01 AM9/29/06
Week A and C.

C'mon B sucks can't you see that? :D

Christopher Brandt

Slash

Sep 29, 2006, 3:54:13 PM9/29/06

zircher wrote:
> That's actually my favorite answer. Calling October 7DRL month works
> for me. It's the last month before the holidays kick in so it has the
> most flexibility. Spreading it out only means that we'll get more
> people participating. :-)

It's been told already that you can make a 7DRL anytime you want, but
the idea with the contest is to have us all battling to get it finished
on parallel :)

> --
> TAZ
>
> Jakub Debski wrote:
>
> > why not to let to code the roguelike in any of these weeks?

--
SLash

Slash

Sep 30, 2006, 12:26:48 PM9/30/06

VII. FINAL VOTING RESULTS
a. September 30/2006 - October 8/2006 Brandt (1)
b. October 7/2006 - October 15/2006 Yehieli, ywg, Zircher, fbk (4)
c. October 14/2006 - October 22/2006 Slash, Bielinski, DarkGod, Brandt
(4)
d. October 21/2006 - October 29/2006 Slash, Bielinski (2)

VIII. CUTE HISTOGRAM

a. # 1 (9.1%)
b. #### 4 (36.4%)
c. #### 4 (36.4%)
d. ## 2 (18.2%)

IX. WEEK DECITION
Weeks b and c are tied on votes; recalling VI, PROCEDURES IN CASE OF
TIE, the week c, from October 14/2006 to October 22/2006 has been
selected for the challenge.

--
Slash
[http://www.santiagoz.com]

Ido Yehieli

Sep 30, 2006, 12:48:00 PM9/30/06
Slash wrote:
> VIII. CUTE HISTOGRAM
> a. # 1 (9.1%)
> b. #### 4 (36.4%)
> c. #### 4 (36.4%)
> d. ## 2 (18.2%)
>
> IX. WEEK DECITION
> Weeks b and c are tied on votes; recalling VI, PROCEDURES IN CASE OF
> TIE, the week c, from October 14/2006 to October 22/2006 has been
> selected for the challenge.

Damn-it. My brother is getting married in a different country/continent
on the 25th and I won't be able to participate in the challenge at this
time :(

Ido.