7DRL Attempt: Murder in Moscow

Mike Judge

Mar 7, 2009, 3:44:25 AM3/7/09
Murder in Moscow will be a supernatural RL set in the afterlife.

Naively Hopeful Features:

* Play as an angel or demon
* Crawl up to heaven or down to hell
* Words appear in walls occasionally (e.g., #MURDER##+###)
* Ghosts say bizarre things extracted from Twitter
* Standard stuff (items, monsters, fighting, magic)

I'm going to build it in ruby using ncurses. [1]

This will be my third roguelike attempt. The other two were
disastrous, and will not be mentioned again.

You can follow the development on github if you like:
http://github.com/mikelovesrobots/murder-in-moscow/tree/master

- Mike Judge

[1] By the way, I recently discovered a fantastic repository of ruby
ncurses examples:
http://github.com/zdennis/ncurses_examples/tree/master

Timofei Shatrov

Mar 7, 2009, 8:11:51 AM3/7/09
On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 00:44:25 -0800 (PST), Mike Judge <mikelov...@gmail.com>
tried to confuse everyone with this message:

>Murder in Moscow will be a supernatural RL set in the afterlife.

Damn, I was hoping it will be set in Moscow.

--
|Don't believe this - you're not worthless ,gr---------.ru
|It's us against millions and we can't take them all... | ue il |
|But we can take them on! | @ma |
| (A Wilhelm Scream - The Rip) |______________|

Gelatinous Mutant Coconut

Mar 7, 2009, 2:00:38 PM3/7/09
> >Murder in Moscow will be a supernatural RL set in the afterlife.
>
> Damn, I was hoping it will be set in Moscow.

Presumably your body still is?