[announce] noegnud 0.8.4 released

clive...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2006, 1:59:25 PM2/21/06
Finally after more than 2 years I have managed to get out a new
release. This is not as large a release as I would have hoped for but
it does include many changes to the source code structure which should
make it a lot easier for me to get out more releases faster. The
primary recent holdup to this release being the fact that when I last
upgraded my PC, it's new hardware had no 3D accelleration support. This
is still the case. I have in the meantime got noegnud working under
win32 again (where I do have 3D accelleration) and for testing under
unix my wife has given me the use of her machine from time to time. I
really hope the support for 64 bit machines gets better soon.

On that note, here is a brief list of the most significant changes in
this release:

- Better build system, imported from my Vulture's project.
Much easier for anyone to roll out their own build now.
- Massive source code cleanup.
- Now uses the latest stable Slash'EM`
( for windows users this release also uses the latest NetHack. )
- Now compiles with gcc 3.4 and above
- Now comes with Windows Installers (again).

http://www.darkarts.co.za/projects/noegnud/

--
Clive Crous